Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Carrie?
I think part of it has to do with the fact that she lives outside the Delphi area. I believe I read it was something like 2 hours away. Even when they called her when the girls were missing there wasn't much she could do by the time she packed up and headed out it would have been past dark and she would have been brought up to speed. It would likely have been 8 PM or later by the time she is on the trails. That distance makes it inconvenient for the media, too. They may not want to drive 2 hours for just one person and Carrie may not want to do a phone interview not knowing for sure who is on the other end of the call.

That said, this isn't days or weeks since the murders. It's over 3 years. And I don't hear the family members mention her. Granted there is an uncle in the area and he isn't seen much. And Liberty's father doesn't appear in the media. These may be by their choice. Carrie sounds like she is willing to talk about it. I wonder if LE and her family doesn't mention her because she might be at odds with the rest of the family members on her opinion of the investigation. That is, she isn't a "team player", for lack of a better term.

I'm also starting wonder why no Carrie. Sooner or later she is going to be heard.

Despite little news from LE, or any progress in the case publicly expressed, I’m surprised how few sleuthers are here.

Have we got it figured out, and waiting for the arrest?? I’ve had it figured out several times over, and I suppose some of you can relate!

I’ve been going back to basics to sort through the known elements, watching earliest media/PC videos. Rather remarkable how few views some of these videos have compared to the “sleuthing channels” on YouTube.
I'm waiting for an arrest; I want the case put to bed and I want, that Abby and Libby will get justice. I wish, that a connection to Iowa and Texas will be determined. When the killer is charged at the end, I don't want to know, what his intention was and why he violent murdered innocent teenager girls (or prepubescent girls or a woman, mother of teenager girls). I want him behind bars. He has a completely disturbed mind, and I don't want to know (I think), why and how. He has - and period. My avatar also is so boring to me; I want it changed, finally. I don't want to look at this face any longer, because I'm seeing the avatar and simultaneously some photos of the person, which are resembling the sketch so out of the ordinary similar. I think, it is no coincidence.
I hope, DC knows this violent killer already and is able, to collect all the evidence, which is required. Pressing my thumbs for DC/LE/FBI. DC has to deal with a mountain of police work, which seems to be more complicated and difficult than ever in this special case. "The Delphi locals would be shocked, if the killer is caught." Who does say that, if he wouldn't know, who the killer is? The person seems to be the reason, why this case is so very different to other cases. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
There's just nothing new to go on. This thread was flying back in last year's presser, but with no new updates or information to hypothesize, I think it's all been said.

I know this might trigger some folks, but here goes...

Not one piece of information that has been released is what I would call a law enforcement original. No information released was 100% generated by LE, something or some things they came up with 100% on their own. I find that a bit disturbing, and wish they would stop granting interviews and making references to things that people are going to wildly speculate about.

What's been released? Eyewitness information, albeit vague and some of it they sat on for two years (CPS building, etc.). The only really meat we have as people who care about the case is they released video and audio from Libby's phone.

I understand they have done a tremendous amount of work on the case, but to release that little bit of information, and nothing else to speak of, to me is bizarre. What Libby did as a favor to us all is about all we have to go on.

I just feel like LE and Ives are feeding into the sensationalism of the case, with their vague references and what have you. If they have no new pertinent info to release, then why talk to the media at all? That's all we've had for a while are interviews with re-hashed stuff and vague references to a crime scene and where this guy might be from.

JMO

This morning I was watching HLN network and about 10:30 the anchor was talking to the DA that retired about 10 mnths after the murders. I forgot his name but I'm sure it's here in the threads because I remember the conversations about him. I can't link this msm info because it was live but I do think it will be in the next podcast. Anyway, to paraphrase closely what he said: he felt there were three signature signs left at the crime scene. He would not say what those were; stated it was up to the state police to release that info. So I wondered, if he left signature signs, doesn't sound like a first time killer. It was just interesting. moo

This morning I was watching HLN network and about 10:30 the anchor was talking to the DA that retired about 10 mnths after the murders. I forgot his name but I'm sure it's here in the threads because I remember the conversations about him. I can't link this msm info because it was live but I do think it will be in the next podcast. Anyway, to paraphrase closely what he said: he felt there were three signature signs left at the crime scene. He would not say what those were; stated it was up to the state police to release that info. So I wondered, if he left signature signs, doesn't sound like a first time killer. It was just interesting. moo
"he felt there were three signature signs left at the crime scene"
What? Sounds like kind of a d*bag thing to say, as in: I know things, but I can't tell you. Tee hee.

Can anyone say whether the blue jacket BG is wearing is fastening the women's way or the men's way? It appears to be fastened with poppers in about 3 places. To me it looks like the wearers left side of the jacket does up over the right side which would be the men's way right?
I think the jacket is worn inside out. I have a jacket like it, which is reversibel.

"he felt there were three signature signs left at the crime scene"
What? Sounds like kind of a d*bag thing to say, as in: I know things, but I can't tell you. Tee hee.
He's trying to be encouraging to the public without compromising his investigation but this particular investigative gambit unfortunately is about waiting until some other murder is committed somewhere and the same signs are associated with it - then they have a correlation and can start triangulating. It means that they still don't really have much to go on. They're under a lot of pressure to solve this but I think it's a cold case and they're just trickling out information they had been withholding to try to seem as if they're making progress. I can't for the life of me understand why they withheld the second composite sketch though.

So people who had never been on RL's property, were there in the pitch black dark, and somehow know the exact spot where the girls were found claim they were there the night before?
Not sure they were actually at the crime scene searching but a searcher knocked and asked RL at 6.30 pm for permission to search his land. So did they search it then and there or go home and come back at midday the next day? There were searchers out all night searching. Also some of Libby's family knocked on doors at that end of the bridge too.

Now we are told it was a strange crime scene with 3 signatures. So is that it? Do those signatures match any other crime scenes? Is there usable DNA? Who are the 3 or 4 POIs left? All these podcasts and specials are really pointless now IMO.

Despite little news from LE, or any progress in the case publicly expressed, I’m surprised how few sleuthers are here.

Have we got it figured out, and waiting for the arrest?? I’ve had it figured out several times over, and I suppose some of you can relate!

I’ve been going back to basics to sort through the known elements, watching earliest media/PC videos. Rather remarkable how few views some of these videos have compared to the “sleuthing channels” on YouTube.
I personally am awaiting current jailbirds trials to conclude in the hope that further charges could possibly be pending but who knows, only LE know what is really going on IMO.

Was the person Carroll County Prosecutor, Robert Ives ?

‘Somebody has named the right person’ says prosecutor in hunt for Delphi killer

bbm

Three signature signs? Very interesting and hopeful, imho. As many of us feared, it will probably take another killing to have a chance of catching the perp. moo

If they have no new pertinent info to release, then why talk to the media at all? That's all we've had for a while are interviews with re-hashed stuff and vague references to a crime scene and where this guy might be from.

JMO

Dear @Falling Down,

In my view, the positive side of the interviews is that the case is discussed on the news.

I feel it's important that Abby and Libby's case stays in the public's view, even if it's an interview here and there.

JMO

Last edited:
I know this might trigger some folks, but here goes...

Not one piece of information that has been released is what I would call a law enforcement original. No information released was 100% generated by LE, something or some things they came up with 100% on their own. I find that a bit disturbing, and wish they would stop granting interviews and making references to things that people are going to wildly speculate about.

What's been released? Eyewitness information, albeit vague and some of it they sat on for two years (CPS building, etc.). The only really meat we have as people who care about the case is they released video and audio from Libby's phone.

I understand they have done a tremendous amount of work on the case, but to release that little bit of information, and nothing else to speak of, to me is bizarre. What Libby did as a favor to us all is about all we have to go on.

I just feel like LE and Ives are feeding into the sensationalism of the case, with their vague references
and what have you. If they have no new pertinent info to release, then why talk to the media at all? That's all we've had for a while are interviews with re-hashed stuff and vague references to a crime scene and where this guy might be from.

JMO
Quoted bbm and a thank you for opening this line of discussion. It gave me an idea.

Do you think there is any chance at all they are doing this for a reason?

Perhaps this approach is being done to determine who is hanging onto every single word they say (other than us WS'ers;))

It would be smart for LE to dangle these little carrots and see if someone squeaks out with some info they deliberately haven't released.

It is for certain going to rev up the rumor mill and encourage wild speculation by making these statements....but maybe they are waiting for someone to mention/suggest something that they would have no way of knowing unless they had been there with Abby and Libby that day. Something no one would ever think of (including us WS'ers;))

Just a few thoughts....speculation...etc.
JMO

Signature signs? Interesting. When I think of “signature,” serial killer immediately comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum