Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to down the hill pod cast very interesting. Let's hope this gets solved in the next month. I have faith!!!
And that's exactly what we need - faith, perseverance, good sleuthing, and even a little luck! So glad you are here to share your thoughts and encouragement!

I don’t know if this is just something that got miscommunicated in the thread or if it can from a new source or LE but I have read in a couple of post that the person who hurt these girls had weapons stashed somewhere. Did this come from an opinion that I misinterpreted as fact or did this come from an article? If it can from an article can someone post it I am curious. MOO if he had weapons stashed how did he know he was going to come across a young girl or two? Does that mean he knew they’d be out there. Also in my town a principal and my old teacher was arrested because he had made a fake Snapchat posing as a middle schooler from a town over. My sister hadn’t thought twice to add him back when he added her because so many other or her friends had the principal (who was posing as a 6 th grader) added on their Snapchat. MOO the girls had posted a Snapchat photo of one of them on the bridge. Is it possible that an adult in their community had done the same thing as my middle school principal and that’s how he knew the two girls were on the bridge. He walked past other people from my understanding from the articles I had been reading and that is how they had gotten a sketch made. So I always go back to wondering if it wasn’t targeted why did he walk past other people if his goal was just to kill that day. How did he know that he’d find those two girls on the bridge. It could have been by chance but I just wonder why would he walk past other people if it was just a crime of opportunity.
* all speculation and opinions from what I’ve watched in LE press briefings, read from articles posted on the thread, and have read from other posts on the thread*
Your catfish theory has been my theory all along. Others think he came to the location scouting for victims. Either way, the end result was the same - two beautiful girls murdered.

Amateur opinion and speculation

That's just it: he didn't know that they were going to be there. He stalked the location, not the girls; he waited for a suitable victim to pass by the way a spider waits for a fly to get caught in its web.
Exactly. Made me wonder and this may have been mentioned before, so excuse me. Is there a parking lot at the entrance to the bridge? Is there an actual entry way?

I don’t know if this is just something that got miscommunicated in the thread or if it can from a new source or LE but I have read in a couple of post that the person who hurt these girls had weapons stashed somewhere. Did this come from an opinion that I misinterpreted as fact or did this come from an article? If it can from an article can someone post it I am curious. MOO if he had weapons stashed how did he know he was going to come across a young girl or two? Does that mean he knew they’d be out there. Also in my town a principal and my old teacher was arrested because he had made a fake Snapchat posing as a middle schooler from a town over. My sister hadn’t thought twice to add him back when he added her because so many other or her friends had the principal (who was posing as a 6 th grader) added on their Snapchat. MOO the girls had posted a Snapchat photo of one of them on the bridge. Is it possible that an adult in their community had done the same thing as my middle school principal and that’s how he knew the two girls were on the bridge. He walked past other people from my understanding from the articles I had been reading and that is how they had gotten a sketch made. So I always go back to wondering if it wasn’t targeted why did he walk past other people if his goal was just to kill that day. How did he know that he’d find those two girls on the bridge. It could have been by chance but I just wonder why would he walk past other people if it was just a crime of opportunity.
* all speculation and opinions from what I’ve watched in LE press briefings, read from articles posted on the thread, and have read from other posts on the thread*
BG? If he is the killer
Could be either. I imagine him living with Mommy...long past the age where he should.
I think he could have a family and I am sure whether he does or not someone knows something! I am praying they say something. JMO

bbm

As far as I know this was offered as a suggestion, NOT fact.

The two sketches have remained a mystery. We don’t know why they are so different or why they changed.

We know the second sketch was actually drawn shortly after the murder based on eye witness account.

They say the two sketches are not the same person, they say sketch 1 no longer of interest. Sketch 2 is BG and is the killer.

It’s all very “sketchy”

Moo

<modsnip>

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family
DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

While this doesn’t mention “creepy guy” I thought I’d post this here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thing that has bothered me in this case is the fact that they had taken a video of the suspect on there phone. I don’t remember which girl it was but why did they feel threatened enough to start taking video. Did they feel they were being followed? Did they see a weapon? Did they recognize the person and know he was bad news? Does LE know why they started video taping him? Is there any clues on the phone like a Snapchat or a text to someone saying something about them being followed or that the person had a weapon? Also can someone explain to me why the two sketches look so different. I have seen post on Reddit about a couple theories and something about there being two men involved in the case and that’s why there different because they are different people, but I still haven’t found a source saying so. Has anyone heard an explanation from LE?

LE have made various statements including confirming the sketches are of two different men, or the suspect might not look exactly like either sketch. JMO what that’s suggesting is they don’t want anyone to get too hung up on the likeness to a sketch - now three years old to boot.

It’s important to note that sketches are not photographs - a sketch is only as similar as the accuracy of a witness’s memory.

Another thing is very important to consider - the murders of Abby and Libby were not witnessed by anyone. Nobody saw anything that warranted reporting a situation to LE while the girls were only considered missing as no foul play was suspected in their disappearance...until their bodies were found.

So hypothetically to explain the two different sketches, I can see a scenario happening such as this - during the investigation, officers attempt to piece together who was where at any given time. One or more witnesses saw somebody, somewhere who LE decided given time/location, etc must have been an actual sighting of the suspect, so sketch #1 was created and released.

Then later, for whatever reason LE began to doubt it was the suspect connected to that particular sighting. Maybe they located the sighted person, determined the timeline didn’t fit, or began to doubt the witness’s credibility - they never told us the reason, only that the investigation was “changing directions”.

So they looked back into the files and determined another witness had made a different observation of somebody, somewhere and determined through their investigation this indeed was the suspect. So the different sketch was released, once again only as similar as the accuracy of the witness’s memory.

This is often how investigations go, POIs rise and fall to and from #1 suspect during the course of an active investigation. But usually LE doesn’t release a sketch adamantly declaring “this is our suspect” and then retract it later, then releasing a different sketch. I’m not sure the reason for that, hopefully we’ll learn the answer some day when the guilty perpetrator is arrested and tried.

JMO

Last edited:
However, if the girls knew this guy they would have used his name. This does not mean that he didn’t have some prior knowledge of them visiting the bridge.( Hence the catfish theory) but still stick to my opportunistic theory. JMO MOO IMO

However, if the girls knew this guy they would have used his name. This does not mean that he didn’t have some prior knowledge of them visiting the bridge.( Hence the catfish theory) but still stick to my opportunistic theory. JMO MOO IMO

Perhaps that is something LE is holding back until they find the right person and/or feel they have enough to charge and get a conviction.

That's just it: he didn't know that they were going to be there. He stalked the location, not the girls; he waited for a suitable victim to pass by the way a spider waits for a fly to get caught in its web.
did LE state this and have they cleared everyone the girls know? MOO?

Perhaps that is something LE is holding back until they find the right person and/or feel they have enough to charge and get a conviction.
was thinking this also, or perhaps they hadnt realized who it was until he got closer to them and why would they go down the hill? "hey guys"as if to get their attention that this is the direction, "down the hill" did he talk to them prior to that? AHO

The two sketches have remained a mystery. We don’t know why they are so different or why they changed.

We know the second sketch was actually drawn shortly after the murder based on eye witness account.

They say the two sketches are not the same person, they say sketch 1 no longer of interest. Sketch 2 is BG and is the killer.

It’s all very “sketchy”

Moo

I find the sketches and their order of release very confusing and perplexing. LE intimated they know more than they are willing to share at this time so they must have very good reason. I read somewhere that the first sketch that was released second is a witness composite but I don't know the accuracy of that. There is much misinformation out there so I try to stick to official releases and discussion here. I only mention this in context to the completely different sketches, not as fact.

It’s all very “sketchy”

Moo
where do they say the first sketch is of no interest?

I find the sketches and their order of release very confusing and perplexing. LE intimated they know more than they are willing to share at this time so they must have very good reason. I read somewhere that the first sketch that was released second is a witness composite but I don't know the accuracy of that. There is much misinformation out there so I try to stick to official releases and discussion here. I only mention this in context to the completely different sketches, not as fact.
IMO I would go with sketch one, I was looking at everything about that BG everything. I saw the video of him just a couple min ago and it does look like he is favouring one leg over the other as opposed to watching step but it could also be he is trying to make sure nothing falls out too. Libby took a video for a reason I trust Libby.

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family
DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

While this doesn’t mention “creepy guy” I thought I’d post this here.
yes I saw that earlier, they noticed a man behind them, but started filming when he got close and ordered them down the hill? these 2 girls seem strong minded, would they follow directions for a reason? maybe he talked to them before and told them there was something down the hill? what are your thoughts? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle