Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the "not blue" always bothered me...who said it and why? deception?

Theory and MOO:
I have stated so before, and been disagreed with.
I believe that they found red hair at the crime scene, on the girls.
Red heads are rarely blue eyed.
I don't know what shade of red, etc.
My theory is that they were able to decipher that it was a natural color.

AMOO

I would have sworn that LE previously said it was, and was “the stuff nightmares are made of”.
Did I dream that up?
It’s certainly possible given the length this case has been going on. Our minds start to fill in the blanks, and often incorrectly.

Amateur opinion and speculation

They did , IIRC.
I could say more , BUT.. gotta find the link to back it up.
FYI..it actually does NOT include the homicide.
MOO IMOO OMOO

It seems that they are. Maybe they were wrong, and OBG confirmed his alibi. And I could understand it, and accept, were it not one phrase said by DC on April 2019 conference. Imprecise citation, “we were onto something in the beginning”. So, they were following the right path in 2017...but OBG sketch was released in 2017... now they say the path was wrong and release the sketch of another suspect...but how then could they be right in 2017?... (I’m baffled and confused about the case).

Orrrr..the OBG was arrested and they got his DNA, and there was NO match.

I have my theories..but cannot share them here.
AMOO

RS&BBM

They were found on Tuesday, Feb 14th, Valentine's Day.

Good point. The murders occurred appx mid-afternoon on a
Monday, the FBI Evidence Response Team searched the woods two days later. Between the time of the discovery of the bodies on Tuesday and the arrival of the FBI team the following day did any processing of the crime scene occur, we don’t know.

BBM

“Police, including the FBI Evidence Response Team, searched the woods Wednesday looking for evidence in the case. Divers joined police searching the crime scene for clues. One source said FBI and local investigators are literally searching beneath every leaf....”
Police confirm bodies found near Delphi are missing teens, searching for suspect

Feb 13th, 2017 there was also another incident in Indiana which in hindsight may’ve temporarily taken State LE eyes off the missing persons case in Delphi to some extent. An Amber Alert was issued for a missing 15-year old, her mother found dead. IIRC the daughter was located on Feb 14th, then later charged with her mother’s murder.

Amber Alert for Gary teen canceled

Feb 13th, 2017 there was also another incident in Indiana which in hindsight may’ve temporarily taken State LE eyes off the missing persons case in Delphi to some extent. An Amber Alert was issued for a missing 15-year old, her mother found dead. IIRC the daughter was located on Feb 14th, then later charged with her mother’s murder.

Amber Alert for Gary teen canceled

I remember that. I think there was some concern for a while that it was a related crime.

It seems that they are. Maybe they were wrong, and OBG confirmed his alibi. And I could understand it, and accept, were it not one phrase said by DC on April 2019 conference. Imprecise citation, “we were onto something in the beginning”. So, they were following the right path in 2017...but OBG sketch was released in 2017... now they say the path was wrong and release the sketch of another suspect...but how then could they be right in 2017?... (I’m baffled and confused about the case).
I believe, LE/FBI were onto something in the beginning, far earlier than SUMMER 2017. That would have been the right path, which they left at some point to follow the wrong path off the junction (trust in the wrong person, deception by the person, clever maneuver around an alibi by the person - something like that?).
-.-
Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”
Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

Theory and MOO:

AMOO
My granddaughters have red hair and blue eyes. Just saying.

My granddaughters have red hair and blue eyes. Just saying.

I have heard this..
and I know that it can happen.
However:
Most redheads have a gene mutation in the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R). When MC1R is inactivated, the body produces more pheomelanin, which is responsible for reddish skin and hair tones, than eumelanin, which is responsible for shades of brown and black.

OOPS.. The rest of my reply failed to post: SO EBM to ADD:
Around 17 per cent of people have blue eyes, and when combined with 1-2 per cent having red hair, the odds of having both traits are around 0.17 per cent.
This is according to medical express.

Further EBM to add.. that this is a theory that I have had regarding why NO blue eyes .

I have heard this..
However:
Most redheads have a gene mutation in the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R). When MC1R is inactivated, the body produces more pheomelanin, which is responsible for reddish skin and hair tones, than eumelanin, which is responsible for shades of brown and black.

Around 17 per cent of people have blue eyes, and when combined with 1-2 per cent having red hair, the odds of having both traits are around 0.17 per cent.
Hmmm. Just not sure but not arguing either.

Their other grandma has red hair and blue eyes. Their dad has hazel eyes. Their mother has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. So could the genes from their grandmother be that strong?
I just know their baby blues are beautiful with their red hair. They are in their 20’s now by the way.

Hmmm. Just not sure but not arguing either.

Their other grandma has red hair and blue eyes. Their dad has hazel eyes. Their mother has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. So could the genes from their grandmother be that strong?
I just know their baby blues are beautiful with their red hair. They are in their 20’s now by the way.

Plus red hair and reddish-brown hair are by no means synonymous.

I have heard this..
However:

Further EBM to add.. that this is a theory that I have had regarding why NO blue eyes .

If we put the percentage of people with red hair at 1 %, then, yes, if 17% of the population has blue eyes, the the odds of someone having both are 0.17 %. But built into those assumptions is that the incidence of blue eyes in red-haired people is the same as in the general population (17%). If this scenario is true, then someone's having red hair makes it no less likely that they have blue eyes than if they had any other color hair.

Theory and MOO:

AMOO

Blue-eyed redheads are not uncommon at all. You said, redheads, and it popped into my mind, "the Vikings!" But not only. The Celts, the northern people, some Ashkenazi have picked up this gene during European bottleneck. The gene for red hair would be inherited independently from blue eyes, but it is not a rare combination at all. Not at all. The first phenotype I imagined thinking of red hair was, grey eyes.

I wonder if BG has daltonism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member