Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
I agree.

As you say LE would have no reason to lie. If someone knows the identity of the suspect and thinks his voice sounds more like the audio of “down the hill” than “guys”, I’m sure LE would still be interested as it’s obvious from just listening to the recording from Libby’s cellphone, it’s is not crystal clear compared to, say a telephone conversation.

I think it’s important to remember the few facts released by LE have been deliberately revealed only to garner tips as to the identity of the killer, not to aid the general public in building a narrative of what actually occurred that day.
They have the killer on video in a town of 2800, that's a high school. If they haven't figured out the identity of the killer by now I think it's safe to say its amateur hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I think he was hanging around, watching people, and could have been at either bench.

After I encountered the elderly couple on the Girard Trail, I was soon to be alone out there, down in the gorge.

Walking back up the trail, and on to the main trail, nobody else was there.

It was only when I headed back to my vehicle that I encountered two couples at the trailhead by the Freedom Bridge. This was late on a Sunday afternoon.

I'd imagine on a normal work day the trail traffic would be sporadic and that not many people visit.

JMO

I think that’s a strong possibility, the killer watching for potential victims while just sitting on a bench. Loitering or circling small portions of the trail back and forth would attract far more attention than a single male sitting on a bench. It would appear he was either taking a rest or was waiting to meet up with his hiking partner, exactly the purpose of benches and hardly an activity that attracts much attention. People generally do not stare at someone sitting on a bench, while the sitter has the advantage of watching everyone who passes by.

Last edited:
They have the killer on video in a town of 2800, that's a high school. If they haven't figured out the identity of the killer by now I think it's safe to say its amateur hour.

Yes it would be amateur hour if LE is aware the killer presently lives right the town of Delphi yet doesn’t know his identity. But that’s not what’s been said -

Delphi murders: After 3 years, police say case isn't cold
“One area where State Police have been unusually forthcoming is in their belief that the suspect or suspects in the Delphi slayings is familiar with the town and the trail area.

"That is one of the theories that we have, that either the person is from the area, or visits frequently, that he's been to the area more than once," Riley said....”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.