Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on other cases that LE isn’t afraid to release information so why are they here? I know the reason they gave but couldn’t they release certain aspects of FBI profile etc
IMO I strongly believe they have a suspect in mind and that’s why they haven’t called a press conference, asked for our help, or released valuable information that could help solve the case.
If that’s not the case then I wonder if the online groups that don’t require valid sources, are the reason they haven’t released anymore.
Also, since the prosecution has to prove they examined every tip but they are still receiving them daily could this prolong an arrest?

I noticed on other cases that LE isn’t afraid to release information so why are they here? I know the reason they gave but couldn’t they release certain aspects of FBI profile etc
IMO I strongly believe they have a suspect in mind and that’s why they haven’t called a press conference, asked for our help, or released valuable information that could help solve the case.
If that’s not the case then I wonder if the online groups that don’t require valid sources, are the reason they haven’t released anymore.
Also, since the prosecution has to prove they examined every tip but they are still receiving them daily could this prolong an arrest?
Long time since I have posted. Out of the loop, to be sure. Here is my quandry. Do they have a match for the DNA and is that person currently on trial for another murder? If so, kudos to the police. It is not easy to be criticized for inept work, when actually, you are standing down while a different police force completes their work.

Long time since I have posted. Out of the loop, to be sure. Here is my quandry. Do they have a match for the DNA and is that person currently on trial for another murder? If so, kudos to the police. It is not easy to be criticized for inept work, when actually, you are standing down while a different police force completes their work.

Possibly, and that person is in the queue for another murder as well that occurred 2 years ago, and that will take precedence I believe. In which case, since he is currently incarcerated, they are in no hurry. They can take all of the time they want to gather evidence to use at trial or to secure an admission.

Every time we blink it seems like there’s another viable suspect. Just when you think for sure it’s one guy, 10 more pop up that seem very likely. The problem is most have no clue what ISP knows. They can have 1 or 2 prime POIs or 20. Locals would have a much better idea, I think.

What DNA? They've never said that they have the perp's DNA, and their hemming and hawing on that topic tells me that they don't. They've also made it clear that they once they have identified BG, he will be arrested and charged.

I sincerely hope they do resolve this one very soon, it has been going on for far too long. I think any case where they have a photo /video image of the perp plus the recording of his voice , leaves a lot of people wondering why the police can't find and charge this guy, especially after all this time. My heart breaks for those two girls, I cannot imagine their pain and for Libby it seems , to have deliberately made the recording knowing something awful was happening was extremely brave. RIP xx

Last edited:
Questions for anyone who has been to the bridge area: @Awsi Dooger, @Falling Down, any others?

1) Guessing on the creek's depth that day, would a person be able to walk east along the south edge of the creek under that steep bank without being in the water? I've put an arrow pointing to the area.

Right along in there the creek narrows and thus deepens considerably. Just east of there the walls of the gorge close in and are steep, making it impossible to walk along the creek's edge on either side. I've seen the creek and gorge from the vantage point of the Wilson Bridge, looking west, it would be impossible to walk along the creek in that area. That said, there's a small spot on the north end of the bridge where people fish from.

Mere feet east of the bridge is this:

USGS Current Conditions for USGS 03329700 DEER CREEK NEAR DELPHI, IN

2) I've circled an area in the creek that, on this map, looks like a rock crossing. Have any of you seen it and think it would have been an easier spot to cross than the sandbar, if waters were up?

ETA: The upload gets a little fuzzy, but this map is a simple Google map, for reference.

I think the rocky area you're referring to is where there's a "drop" in the creek, say where there's been erosion over the years. I'd imagine someone could cross there, however with that "drop" would be a little increase in the flow of the creek and some turbulent water.

JMO

Thank you so much for the information. I've been curious about this for a long time. I also appreciate the Deer Creek gauge link!

Here's the depth information for February 13, 2017. Looks like it was around 3.4 ft. at the gauge location (not the sandbar) around the 2-3pm timeframe. It was slightly lower the next day when they were searching the creek on the helicopter footage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-113903_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-113903_Chrome.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
MOD REMINDER:

Please be careful about veering into off-topic discussions such as religious philosophy, personal experiences with dangerous situations, other crimes involving other people, etc. This thread is about the horrific murder of 2 young innocent victims. Any post that does not focus on that specifically is considered off-topic, a violation of TOS, and may be removed.

Thank you for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly. Your participation is appreciated.

CocoChanel

MOD REMINDER:

Please be careful about veering into off-topic discussions such as religious philosophy, personal experiences with dangerous situations, other crimes involving other people, etc. This thread is about the horrific murder of 2 young innocent victims. Any post that does not focus on that specifically is considered off-topic, a violation of TOS, and may be removed.

Thank you for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly. Your participation is appreciated.

CocoChanel

I sincerely hope they do resolve this one very soon, it has been going on for far too long. I think any case where they have a photo /video image of the perp plus the recording of his voice , leaves a lot of people wondering why the police can't find and charge this guy, especially after all this time. My heart breaks for those two girls, I cannot imagine their pain and for Libby it seems , to have deliberately made the recording knowing something awful was happening was extremely brave. RIP xx
the case would have been an open and shut case if the video was not taken on a potato.

Last edited:
What DNA? They've never said that they have the perp's DNA, and their hemming and hawing on that topic tells me that they don't. They've also made it clear that they once they have identified BG, he will be arrested and charged.
LE has also mentioned they have it narrowed down to a handful of suspects so how can they still be unsure it’s the perps DNA?
I still keep the partial touch DNA information from the vetted caller on GH YouTube channel in the back of my head...

LE has also mentioned they have it narrowed down to a handful of suspects so how can they still be unsure it’s the perps DNA?
I still keep the partial touch DNA information from the vetted caller on GH YouTube channel in the back of my head...
I don't believe that LE has ever said that. I think that you must be misinterpreting something.

Touch (or transfer) DNA is always partial. It’s not necessarily indicative of somebody (ie the killer) actually touching the girls. DNA particles (from shed skin, hair etc) are everywhere and can attach themselves to clothing just by sitting where someone else has sat, being in somebody’s vehicle, wearing somebody else’s clothing who was near someone etc. Touch DNA would not convict anyone without other additional evidence to identify any one suspect actually committed the murders.

LE have said they don’t know if they have the killers DNA. They’ve also stated DNA can be found at every crime scene.

An outdoor crime scene accessible by anyone who walked there, bodies not found until the following day, would be different in expectations than say, finding than a killer’s DNA in a house on such things as doorknobs, on the floor or on other hard objects especially if the accused had no justifiable reason for being in that home.

DNA isn’t required to successfully prosecute when other incriminating evidence is present. I’ve gotten the strong feeling all along, this case isn’t going to solved by DNA alone and that’s why LE have consistently asked for that one important tip from somebody who knows who the killer is.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members