Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the guy had a chain and lock ready to go in his home for securing his basement to keep someone imprisoned down there (I don't know about you, but I don't keep that kind of thing handy in my house). This guy didn't randomly grab a little girl on impulse, he probably fantasized about it and had some degree of planning long before he acted on his sick desires.
Oh my gosh yes. There was absolutely a whole lot of planning. :eek:

Big sigh, I cannot begin to fathom the pain the officers had in this discovery. - I’m sure her cries were somewhat of a relief. But seeing that chain? Horror movie stuff comes to my mind. :(:mad:

Saw this posted elsewhere concerning just how rare stranger-involved kidnappings of young children are.

"According to an estimate from the federal Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), there were just 105 "stereotypical kidnappings" in America between late 2010 and late 2011, the last period for which we have data. (For reference, there were about 73.9 million children in America that year.) Just 65 of these kidnappings were committed by strangers. Less than half involved the abduction of a child under age 12. Only 14 percent of cases were still open after one week, and 92 percent of victims were recovered or returned alive."
Using this data as a baseline, there might be somewhere around 30 young children abducted by strangers per year in the US. What are the odds in a country of 325+ million people that someone capable of abducting a child they don't know and attempting to murder them would be living so close to another similar violent crime against children? It would seem to be extraordinarily unlikely given the rarity of such criminal behavior. It would be quite a coincidence to have multiple predators of this type operating in one area.

What changed your mind?

just a deeper dive today. Had a day off so could revisit reports/threads/archives

hearing his voice, comparing as well as looking closer at the video

then the fb stuff. Just wonder how it would have ended with the 9 year old if not caught. It’s all so compelling today (for me) no particular reason.

I notice around the 5 year anniversary there was the reward but not a big presser, am I right? I still feel like abby and libby are an escalation where he wanted attention and left them in such a way that he would cause trauma on whomever was there to discover them.

he was bold...and he didn't have a vehicle more than likely and that is how this crime became an outdoor crime, because he had no where indoors to take them..he may have had his little campfire set up or something like that in the dip below the sightline...

I truly believe he is the man at the presser and that he has been on every forum.

as an ex con to place himself in plain sight of LE like that shows you he is a psychopath
with very arrogant and fear free features and he fancies himself as quite cunning.

which he is not..he is a mess and he is busted. mOO

The man recently arrested was in prison for a long time. He is actually 42 and looks younger, but that also was something the police mentioned in the Delphi case a while back. He might look younger than his age or something like that. I believe the photo we have of the man on the bridge was taken from a distance away and they enlarged it causing some of it to look distorted. I believe he could be wearing "old" clothing because he knew he was about to commit murder or it's possible he only had some clothing from second hand stores or even from someone giving them to him if he was in prison recently. I also think that photo was from a video taken so it's possible the police have a better view than a still photo taken from a video can give. The sketches definitely don't show a man in his 60s and I would think they wouldn't put out a sketch of someone that was way off in age. Just my thinking on it. I remember it being said it could appear he was hunched over because of the way people have to walk on that bridge by looking down and stepping very carefully.
You sparked a thought...if he was in prison close to that time, it’s possible he lost weight, hence the baggy pants? MOO

I'm not really hearing anything relative with this. Sounds like anyone would say that.
I think we are doing audio analysis on the tonal and comparative aspects of voice, inflection, frequency, etc. as related to that specific word “guys”, not the act of saying the word guys, but how he says it.

The man recently arrested was in prison for a long time. He is actually 42 and looks younger, but that also was something the police mentioned in the Delphi case a while back. He might look younger than his age or something like that. I believe the photo we have of the man on the bridge was taken from a distance away and they enlarged it causing some of it to look distorted. I believe he could be wearing "old" clothing because he knew he was about to commit murder or it's possible he only had some clothing from second hand stores or even from someone giving them to him if he was in prison recently. I also think that photo was from a video taken so it's possible the police have a better view than a still photo taken from a video can give. The sketches definitely don't show a man in his 60s and I would think they wouldn't put out a sketch of someone that was way off in age. Just my thinking on it. I remember it being said it could appear he was hunched over because of the way people have to walk on that bridge by looking down and stepping very carefully.
Well said. I would have a hard time believing this particular scenario lends itself to an older man's game.

You sparked a thought...if he was in prison close to that time, it’s possible he lost weight, hence the baggy pants? MOO
And on that line of thought: he had several posts since Feb 2017 about eating healthier, going for long bike rides, exercising/working out more, and having physically demanding jobs. So it absolutely stands to reason he may have shed some of the dad bod pounds...

And on that line of thought: he had several posts since Feb 2017 about eating healthier, going for long bike rides, exercising/working out more, and having physically demanding jobs. So it absolutely stands to reason he may have shed some of the dad bod pounds...
Oh really? So much I haven’t seen..

”Long bike rides”, eh?

*are there bike trails that run from Lafayette to Delphi?
(This has been on the to do list, off road trails, etc.)

Or does he ride on the street?

Eta: going to try to go for a bike ride on Google

note to self: topomap and alltrails, parks and rec

eta2: do we know if that green bike with the water bottle was his? Going in for photo link pic, will add as eta

Last edited:
MOO that is what I think.
And that BG is either a much you younger man in too big pants, or is older and has thin legs due to inactivity, like truck driving or being in prison.
MOO BGs pants fall in rectangular flat panels down to the knee.
Most working men have muscles and their pants don't drape down flat or inward on their thigh.

My goodness, the coincidences are staggering!!

Oh really? So much I haven’t seen..

*”Long bike rides”, eh?

*are there bike trails that run from Lafayette to Delphi?
(This has been on the to do list, off road trails, etc.)

Or does he ride on the street?

*let me grab that right now while I’m thinking about it, will add as eta.

Eta: going to try to go for a bike ride on Google

note to self: topomap and alltrails

parks and rec

eta2: do we know that green bike with the water bottle was his? Going in for photo link pic, will add as eta

Actually there is a road called Bicycle Bridge Road in Delphi leading out if town west toward Lafayette.
I don't know if it really is part of a bike route.

Yes, and I'm not able to discern anything. It's a bit of a stretch for me.

One thing I would keep in mind when listening to Facebook audio and comparing it to "guys, down the hill" would be the difference in audio quality. A recording of somebody at a distance is going to sound different than one taken with the phone close to one's face. Also, BG probably sounds different normally than he does in the recording (I would guess he was in a rush and using a bit of a stern voice in what was recorded).

JMO -- I have no audio expertise

I agree but it seems his thought process/moods are all over the place with his postings. He goes from "we all need to get along and love and understand" nonsense to "F society" and "I want to kill stuff". I don't know but it seems as though he's purposely trying to pretend he's the guy. And maybe after staring into the abyss too long, he actually fell in... <with regard to his recent arrest that is>

I just posted about this on the JBC thread. BGs style of dress screams 60+ “dad jeans” and JBC dresses much more youthful.

Unless it was a disguise.
I don’t know if this is BG, but I have considered that maybe the killer wore baggy clothes over another set of clothes so they could be quickly removed to instantly change his look after the murder and to also help prevent leaving DNA behind. Two pairs of pants could also make his walk different, especially on that rickety bridge, and make him look heavier than he really is.

just a deeper dive today. Had a day off so could revisit reports/threads/archives

hearing his voice, comparing as well as looking closer at the video

then the fb stuff. Just wonder how it would have ended with the 9 year old if not caught. It’s all so compelling today (for me) no particular reason.

So very true.
Imagine if there were no cellphone evidence in this case... I would have to assume this case would be buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm