Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the person that was capable of doing this to Abby & Libby very likely did hurt others at some point after that, yes. Whether it was murder, rape, or some kind of other abuse is hard to say. I doubt that this was his only offense though. MOO of course.
Thanks for answering.
—What about before?

This is the first suspect I've just had a feeling was guilty. The more I read and hear, the more I have hope that this case may be solved.

I've never commented about this case but I may as well share my theories. They're not based on anything but my theories.

Why did Libby take the picture? <modsnip> So i'd guess she thought get a picture in case he tries something.

I believe the killer had killed before. Was a some times transient. JBC posted about sleeping under a bridge. His family is terrified of him. His brother called him evil and said he tried to drown him. So water seems to make him either feel angry or safe to commit crimes.

I think he held them at gunpoint, at one point before they crossed the water, either one of them tried to run, or he was instilling fear and injured at least one of them. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know which version of iPhone Libby had? Apple said in 2016 that their newest model was “splash, water and dust resistant”. That appears to be the iPhone 7 or later. BG may not have known about this new feature and either threw it in the creek himself or ordered Libby to and so thought it would be damaged beyond use. And prior to 2016 I believe there were waterproof/resistant cases that could reduce damage if the phone was in water.

About splash, water and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later

ETA there was a time with earlier iPhone models that a splash of water was the kiss of death. An older BG might have still thought that.

I recall it was an iphone 6 but I don’t remember the source of that information.

Are there people close to Chadwell who've expressed denial, or are you just speaking in the hypothetical? I'm asking because from what media I've seen, brother and step-dad think he's 100% capable. Are there other close connections speaking?

As far as folks doubting what he did to the 9-year-old, unfortunately I see people like this in my anti-domestic violence and child abuse work frequently. Sometimes even judges and child protective caseworkers who should know better. I think for some of them, the mentality is they don't want to believe the horrifying things people are capable of doing to their children and partners; they'd rather believe the victim is lying. For others, it's due to the fact that many abusive and violent people are narcs/sociopaths/psychopaths who know how to turn on the charm, while victims often come across as "unlikable" due to the trauma they've experienced. I personally don't see any charm wrt Chadwell. All those facebook posts about punishing people with violence. All those whiny grievances. ::shudder::

Several years ago, I was skiing and I met a guy who skied with his mini poodle in a Baby Björn. It's unlikely that's what BG is doing in that pic, but certainly not impossible. And sure, pareidolia, but now that @Sillybilly pointed it out, I can't unsee it. I don't think it's definitely a dog... but it could be.
There were others saying skeptical things. Another poster commented on a couple. It just irked me that some who know him are not seeing him for the evil he is, or I should say that it's been shown he's become.

This is the first suspect I've just had a feeling was guilty. The more I read and hear, the more I have hope that this case may be solved.

I've never commented about this case but I may as well share my theories. They're not based on anything but my theories.

Why did Libby take the picture? I read somewhere(I don't remember where) that one of the girls said something like is that creepy guy still following us? To which the other said mhm. So i'd guess she thought get a picture in case he tries something.

I believe the killer had killed before. Was a some times transient. JBC posted about sleeping under a bridge. His family is terrified of him. His brother called him evil and said he tried to drown him. So water seems to make him either feel angry or safe to commit crimes.

I think he held them at gunpoint, at one point before they crossed the water, either one of them tried to run, or he was instilling fear and injured at least one of them. He probably inflicted injury or worse to Abby first, since Libby seemed to be the one he chose to, wish I could word this better, play with.

Sorry for such a long post. I've been reading and just seeing other people's opinions.

Imagine if the killer was a welder that actually fabricated his own weapon, like a sharp object or knife. Maybe someone who's been in prison before and knew how to make a shiv/shank. And possibly a piece of it broke off in the process and was lodged in one of the girls and this was a piece of evidence left behind. Maybe this is why the murder weapon and cause of death is completely tight lipped. Maybe they just need to match that piece with the rest of the weapon or find someone who would fabricate their own weapon.

Maybe he liked living in prison and welcomes a trip back.

Of course, when he was there before he wasn't a child molester/attempted child killer (or at least wasn't known to be one), so the experience this time might be different. As they say, "you can't go home again."
According to a few of his FB posts, YES
He was "more comfortable" in prison than being in the outside world.
I think that has a lot to do with the current case.

I don't doubt that Chadwell assaulted the girl as stated in the police report.

I do have questions, though. Why did Chadwell just let the police into his basement? Seems like he would do all he could to steer them away from finding out what he had been doing. How did he respond when the police discovered the girl?

I wonder if he has a split personality or went into some sort of *zone* when he did those horrible things to that poor girl.

Just my own opinion.

I've seen murders do it before even one I remember was to an 8 year old girl.

The police came knocking on his door asking if he had seen the missing little girl.

He said he saw her walking by his stairs hadnt seen where she went. He lived in an upstairs apartment. They asked could they come in, and look everywhere in his apartment. They found a missing shower curtain, and bath mat. They noticed then there seem to be blood spatter in the tub, and shower because he had not only kidnapped, raped, and murdered his little victim he cut up her body, and threw it in a waterway for her parents to bury the pieces he left them.

That pedophile thought he could buffalo LE and so did this monster.

So yes, him allowing them in at the time doesn't phase me at all. He was confident LE would just do a cursory walk through, and be gone. After all he pulled the same trick the other pedophile did by allowing to come in.

These kind of people aren't brainiacs thank God. It's often the reason they are caught.

The detective later on the case mentioned after he was arrested he timed how long it took him to kidnap her, and it was less than one minute. If that's not terrifying for loving parents, and children then I don't know what would be.

Jmho

It seems to me that whatever they have must be something DNA-ish. The girls were found by searchers which means it would be tough to keep anything very obvious, evidence-wise, a "secret". That's a lot of people who need to stay extremely tight lipped. I just feel there would be talk out there about the crime scene. Or maybe I just don't know what's been said...
BBM
The whole town of Delphi is tight-lipped, as they should be.
JMO

He is a ex-con and the police must have known that by the time they returned.
JBC would know if he refused they would all stand there and wait for a warrant.
I think by then they had narrowed him down as her last known contact, and he was also likely impaired.
Not just an ex-con. He had two warrants out for his arrest (for failure to appear at court) and LE knew that by the time they returned to his house.

Imagine if the killer was a welder that actually fabricated his own weapon, like a sharp object or knife. Maybe someone who's been in prison before and knew how to make a shiv/shank. And possibly a piece of it broke off in the process and was lodged in one of the girls and this was a piece of evidence left behind. Maybe this is why the murder weapon and cause of death is completely tight lipped. Maybe they just need to match that piece with the rest of the weapon or find someone who would fabricate their own weapon.

I've wondered about the "thing" in this image posted March 14, 2017. At first I thought it was a fishing lure, but also considered it could be some type of carved weapon with possibly a rawhide string.

I've wondered about the "thing" in this image posted March 14, 2017. At first I thought it was a fishing lure, but also considered it could be some type of carved weapon with possibly a rawhide string.

I admit to looking at everything from this guy through a lease of torture, harm & murder. That looks like something he made that could be used as a garrote or it’s a dog toy. IMO

I blew the image up, and I do think it's a fishing lure, but a weird home made knife fabricated by a homicidal welder sounds really plausible.

Why did Libby take the picture? I read somewhere(I don't remember where) that one of the girls said something like is that creepy guy still following us? To which the other said mhm. So i'd guess she thought get a picture in case he tries something.

I think he held them at gunpoint, at one point before they crossed the water, either one of them tried to run, or he was instilling fear and injured at least one of them. He probably inflicted injury or worse to Abby first, since Libby seemed to be the one he chose to, wish I could word this better, play with.

Sorry for such a long post. I've been reading and just seeing other people's opinions.
Omg. I wish I could have the last 45 seconds of my life back. J/k. I tend to have pretty long-winded posts, so I'm not going to throw any stones. Ironically, most people (other than my spouse) think I'm the quietest person they've ever met. I guess I have to let it out somewhere. On the other hand, I think my spouse wishes I'd put a cork in it most of the time.

Anyway, I see a dilemma for LE in this case. I doubt we'll get much more out of them until/ if charges are filed. They have all the time in the world to investigate this and other unsolved cases because he's going to be locked up for the foreseeable future. The main incentive I see for wanting to charge him in the delphi case soon is as a courtesy to the families. To give them their closure asap. More importantly, though, is that they have an airtight case. I feel like the sooner they charge him, the better the evidence they have.

I don't really know what kind of timeframe to expect. It can't be easy investigating a 4+ year old case unless they find some kind of smoking gun. If many months go by and they still haven't charged him, I will be worried that they never will. Either because of lack of evidence, or because he is just not THE guy.

I guess all we can do is hope.

MOO

Omg. I wish I could have the last 45 seconds of my life back. J/k. I tend to have pretty long-winded posts, so I'm not going to throw any stones. Ironically, most people (other than my spouse) think I'm the quietest person they've ever met. I guess I have to let it out somewhere. On the other hand, I think my spouse wishes I'd put a cork in it most of the time.

Anyway, I see a dilemma for LE in this case. I doubt we'll get much more out of them until/ if charges are filed. They have all the time in the world to investigate this and other unsolved cases because he's going to be locked up for the foreseeable future. The main incentive I see for wanting to charge him in the delphi case soon is as a courtesy to the families. To give them their closure asap. More importantly, though, is that they have an airtight case. I feel like the sooner they charge him, the better the evidence they have.

I don't really know what kind of timeframe to expect. It can't be easy investigating a 4+ year old case unless they find some kind of smoking gun. If many months go by and they still haven't charged him, I will be worried that they never will. Either because of lack of evidence, or because he is just not THE guy.

MOO

If we don’t hear anything from LE about this guy and Delphi by this time next week, we can all stand down I think.

Just wanted to say that there is an idea taking hold on this thread (and in other places where people discuss this case) that there was something unusual about the DNA that was found, and it could be dog DNA or something along those lines. IMO this is not what LE has said. The former chief prosecuting attorney said that there was a lot of crime scene evidence, and some of it was odd, and it was not what one would expect. He is talking about the totality of the physical evidence at the scene, he never said that DNA evidence specifically was odd. In fact, he never confirmed the presence of DNA at the scene - other LE members have done that.

The first piece of big information that we heard about the crime scene came from former chief prosecutor Ives in Down the Hill podcast, episode 3 "Signatures." In this podcast, he tells a reporter that the crime scene evidence was odd.

Reporter: What do you mean by odd?
RI: Well, in one sense any murder scene is probably odd. But again, this is where I have difficulty because I'm not sure what all has been released. But there were a variety of things, at the scene of the crime, where - I guess I would ask you to talk to the State Police about that, they have to decide what is going to be released and what's not going to be released, but it was just not your normal "a person was killed here" crime. That's all I can say about it....All I can say about the situation with Abby and Libby is that there was a lot more physical evidence than that at the crime scene (
note: he's talking about a previous example he gave of a "normal" murder, which is a domestic violence scenario) and it's probably not what you would imagine. What people think I'm talking about, it's probably not....I do think it will be solved because it's so odd, and so unusual, and people are so compelled to talk about the horrible things they do.

I'll also pull forward a transcript of an interview Robert Ives did with HLN, where he talked about evidence at the scene. He says that the large amount of physical (not biological) evidence at the scene led everyone to believe it would be solved within 2-3 days, and IMO it's clear from his comments that the prolific evidence that he is talking about was not DNA. Whatever evidence it is that LE thought would solve the crime right away is something that even police in the 1960s, prior to DNA investigative techniques, would have been able to use to solve a crime:

RI: There was so much physical evidence of the crime and the crime had been found so immediately after it had been committed that experienced investigators thought it would be solved really quickly and normally it would be. It’s shocking that it hasn't been solved today.

In today’s world we have cell phone evidence and DNA evidence but if you had been a police officer in 1960 and had arrived at this scene with the traditional physical evidence that was there - not to mention that we had video and audio of the person I think certainly killed the girls - you would be certain you were going to catch them within 48 hours.

So when you add in that we have evidence today - or investigatory methods that we didn’t have in the 1960 all police officers - I believe anybody who was involved - had any doubts that it would not be solved within 2 or 3 days.

Interviewer: Just from the evidence at the scene?

RI: Yes, due to the circumstances of the crime.

IMO because so many people have pets, finding animal DNA at an outdoor crime scene would be the least odd thing about it. Animal DNA could have been part of the "large amount of physical evidence" at the scene but it's clear from Ives' comments that the really odd evidence is not DNA in nature.

MOO

My husband laughs that people at work call me too quiet. I get it lol.

Idk about the timeframe as to when we'll know. But they eliminated the last guy fairly quickly. Or at least let us know that they weren't charging him. I'm hoping they're fairly confident this is the guy.

In the Chadwell thread, zencompass said:

I was startled to see an AW on his friends list. Although the same name, obviously not Abby's mom. The FB friend list does not appear mutual and I can't see any connection whatsoever he has to this woman. It could be coincidence and I could be wrong but I'm betting she hasn't a clue who he is, and IMO, it looks like it could just be another shot at mind games.

Other than making that mental note and tucking it under your hats, please do not discuss this innocent woman or publicly sleuth her.
Maybe he thinks that's the mom.

I admit to looking at everything from this guy through a lease of torture, harm & murder. That looks like something he made that could be used as a garrote or it’s a dog toy. IMO

I just thought it was one of those blankets that have the yarn ties on it- a tie quilt I think they're called, and folded over the dog at a weird angle, unless there's something I'm totally missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander