Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached are my own images of the creek west of MHB, last October, looking towards the bridge. The creek was low, further along on that area I was walking on it ends, and does not continue towards the bridge. You have to walk through the water in order to get closer to the bridge. Also, technically, the lower trail splits towards the bottom, the vegetation is very dense in the warmer months and makes it virtually impassible, plus I was leery of ticks on a warm day.

Access to the underneath of the bridge on that side of the creek is impossible on dry land, from west of the bridge . There are sheer cliffs and dangerous steep slopes along there.

Edit: Hope I didn't confuse anyone with the 2nd image, they may not be in sequence. One was taken where I couldn't walk any further towards MHB.

JMO

What about if you were a fisher-type person in hip waders? That wouldn't help with the slopes, but I presume you could wade until you got to a lower spot? I presume it would have to be hip waders, not knee high ones?

Would it be unusual to see someone fishing there, with or without waders?

No, I'm not thinking anything in particular at this point.

Even if they can tie the car to a person, they (LE) would still have prove the person committed the murders. Just being at the trail may make him a suspect, but it wouldn't prove he killed Abby & Libby and it would not be enough to make an arrest. There were several people at the trail that day and probably several vehicles parked in the area. LE would have to have more to evidence to make a charge. MOO, while they may know who drove the car there that day, I don't believe they have much more. If they did, an arrest would have been made by now.
Argh, I get it — how horrible. I wish they’d get a lucky break, because otherwise I feel they’ll be stuck in this impasse for good.:(

I honestly don't believe ISP Carter's words were a performance per se. I think he had a script to follow as far as killer is local, hiding in plain sight. Very strong and sobering words to a community who was not wanting to hear LE definitively thought someone in their little communities murdered two of their own...two children.

The new sketch and the video, those were two huge updates, the sketch is something I'm still grappling with so I'm sure the locals must be also.

I believe LE knows the vehicle they asked about, the make, model and color. I think they were asking for a straight up confirmation from an uninfluenced witness. Poking the killer could have been a by-product, another way to taunt those they had their eye on. AJMO

I didn't mean performance as in "huge, overblown, insincere production." It was emotional but I understand the reason why, given the bond he forged with the families. I meant performance as in, he had a script to follow with certain notes to hit - "two little girls" "what will people say" "we know this is about power" - which is the same thing you also picked up on.

I would even go so far as to say this. Why do you think Carter was the one to deliver this press conference? There are press officers there. Certainly other people who have more technical speaking ability. I think this was an FBI-directed decision. What does a killer who craves power think when he sees Carter, head of the whole ISP, speaking in uniform? It gets under his skin, for sure. The speaker choice is a destabilization tactic used by LE, in my opinion.

What about if you were a fisher-type person in hip waders? That wouldn't help with the slopes, but I presume you could wade until you got to a lower spot? I presume it would have to be hip waders, not knee high ones?

Nobody really fishes or kayaks either in a stream in the wintertime.

I would even go so far as to say this. Why do you think Carter was the one to deliver this press conference? There are press officers there. Certainly other people who have more technical speaking ability. I think this was an FBI-directed decision. What does a killer who craves power think when he sees Carter, head of the whole ISP, speaking in uniform? It gets under his skin, for sure. The speaker choice is a destabilization tactic used by LE, in my opinion.
Very interesting. Yes, that does makes sense—it’s something I wouldn’t have thought of on my own.

LE also said in the early stages that BG might have been on foot ..

"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking

you simply don't know if the vehicle in question had anything to do with the case.. it might have already been cleared .
I def don't believe BG had planned all of this .. to leave this big clue at the end.. i don't believe he came in his own vehicle

if indeed they had a strong suspect.. why the need to look into others as they appear .. like our last peado guy ?
MO

Last edited:
if indeed they had a strong suspect.. why the need to look into others as they appear .. like our last peado guy ?
MO

Snipped by me....

I'm not one of the people who buys into the "LE knows who did it but can't indict" school of thought. But....even if they "know" exactly who did it (which does beg the question, how do they know this and yet not have enough evidence to charge him?) - but even if they "know," they can't not look into other local pedophiles and rapists. Because if the case files ever go to trial a defense attorney can and will bring up how much they focused on this client vs. investigating all likely persons of interest. The attorney can introduce doubt in the jury by bringing up people like Chadwell, for example (if BG isn't him). LE is likely going to have to demonstrate that they seriously looked into these other local bad actors.

for instance..they couldn't say well LE found out he was in Delphi and immediately decided he was their only suspect and eschewed all others...because they have had a pool of poi's for
this. entire time and all have terrible crimes and ties to Delphi .. mOO

Agree with both you and @Yemelyan .
QUESTION: Since LE know the make, model, and color of the car parked at the CPS building that day, can they not trace it back to the killer through the Department of Motor Vehicles and arrest him?
Not unless they have other evidence to tie him to the crime scene. Maybe someone is saying they were driven that vehicle, that day? Could be part of an unshakeable alibi?

I greatly admire the outlook of Libby’s family. I’m sure it takes time and personal strength to reach this stage of moving on but how often do other families faced with sudden tragedy get stuck obsessing, dwelling on anger causing conflict and misery. This attitude - not giving the killer power - will carry them forward regardless how long it takes for an arrest to occur. JMO

Family Of Libby German Says They Don't Allow Her Killer To Have Any More Power Over Their Lives | Oxygen Official Site
“As the family strives for justice, they carry Libby’s spirit with them on a regular basis. Kelsi stated that during every milestone of her life, she tries to remember and honor her sibling.

“We had our own graduation,” Patty said of her slain grandchild. “We still celebrate everything with Libby. A lot of times when we are talking, people don’t even know that she’s gone.”

She went on to say that she doesn’t want to allow her killer to have any more power over their family.

"He’s already taken so much from our lives,” she said. “I refuse to let him take more.”

Kelsi echoed that statement, explaining that she has forgiven the killer for the sake of finding her own peace.

“I’ll never let him win,” she said, adding that it took a lot of work, prayers, therapy, and writing to get to that point……..”

I have not read every post in the Kristin Smart case, but from what I have read, for 25 years LE, family, and community felt pretty strongly about the guilt of Paul Flores. 25 years. When I think about her case, it makes me hopeful for Libby and Abby, and it makes me sad that even if LE feels very strongly about who's the perpetrator in this case, we might have a long wait to see justice for these girls. Sigh. I check every day and can't wait to shout "hallelujah!" when I see *arrest* added to this title.

I didn't mean performance as in "huge, overblown, insincere production." It was emotional but I understand the reason why, given the bond he forged with the families. I meant performance as in, he had a script to follow with certain notes to hit - "two little girls" "what will people say" "we know this is about power" - which is the same thing you also picked up on.

I agree with you on why he was chosen, emotional attachment to the case and families and head cop in the state. I also believe he'd would never had let anyone else speak that day. It was his to do.

Just MOO - I wrote a post about this awhile back - but with the exception of sharing the new sketch and extra audio snippet, the main purpose of the April 2019 press conference was actually not to provide information to the public about the case. All the previous press conferences were informational for the community/public at large, which is why this one seemed odd and confusing. But this press conference was not meant to update the public IMO, it was a performance for the killer and/or anyone who knew/strongly suspected they had insider information about this crime.

This is also why the information about the vehicle seemed counterproductive to you as an uninvolved person. IMO LE knew more about the vehicle than they revealed. So why bring it up with almost no details? To tell the killer or someone close to the killer: "you didn't think we were aware of this but we are."

I'm leaning in this direction myself, strong possibility they know more about the vehicle than how it came across in the PC.

JMO

I've wondered since early on if the killer had some kind of waterproof clothing of some sort under the jeans, skin-tight type of deal.

JMO

I've wondered why the FBI haven't been more visible, although I understand ISP are leading the investigation.

I agree about DC, the ISP could put any one of probably several people in front of the cameras.

I'm of the opinion they have a very strong case, they're confident about it. The April 2019 PC could very well have been a tactic they came up with in the months previous, that's been my opinion since that time frame.

JMO

Agree with both you and @Yemelyan .
QUESTION: Since LE know the make, model, and color of the car parked at the CPS building that day, can they not trace it back to the killer through the Department of Motor Vehicles and arrest him?
They could if the plates that were on the rabbit weren’t stolen from another’s vehicle. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025