Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This guy, who has been unapprehended for almost five years, is anything but an idiot.

Or, if he is, this drops the bar for LE involved in the case even lower, and I don’t want to think so. They are local, rural, maybe average-level, but no worse than that.

Personally, I think they were inexperienced in such sorts of crime. And the murderer, already too experienced. Also, sadly, there are too many killers like this roaming around.
I don't really think of this killer as a criminal mastermind. A significant portion of his remaining loose probably has more to do with his being lucky rather than skill. If he tried to do this again something could very likely go against him. But you're right, he is certainly no idiot. To the best of our knowledge he hasn't shown up back on the scene. Most likely he hasn't bragged or confessed to anyone. (There is a slight chance he has, maybe while drunk or high, or the person hearing it fears for their life, but I doubt it.)

As someone has recently alluded to, this massive publicity to solve the murders may be working against us. Somewhere he may be sitting back getting off on all this and still getting some personal mileage out of it. I think back to the country comedian Ron White and picture him in his shorts and T-shirt, sitting in his beanbag chair, eating Cheetos and following all this on his laptop. When in reality, what he really is is just some low-life dirtbag who has crawled into his hole to hide.

. ...if he is [dumb], this drops the bar for LE involved in the case even lower, and I don’t want to think so. They are local, rural, maybe average-level, but no worse than that. ....

You're probably right about being relatively typical for a semi-rural police force. But ISP is also involved or has been involved, and the FBI was in Delphi soon after the bodies were discovered. ISP maybe, but I think the FBI is probably as good as it gets in this sort of situation. Maybe I'm naive in believing that, but MOO JMHO AFAIK I suspect the FBI has done and is doing pretty much everything it can to catch BG. Fancy modern forensics labs, highly skilled technicians, experienced investigators--let's hope they get a a breakthrough soon!

I've missed a lot of threads on this case but has anyone heard what time Abby took the video of BG? If not, why are they keeping it a secret, it would narrow down the time considerably I would think.
Yes it would, but far as I know that info has never been released; possibly due to verifying alibis? JMO

This is good! But I haven't found a good comprehensive list of who was where, when, and why. Do you know one? And JnRyan, thank you for the 'actus' site--VERY good presentation of information. I just wish I could find one that lists everybody who was at the trails from, say, noon to 5pm.

The more I think about this, the more I think there's nothing useful I can determine from what I know. I don't blame LE for not releasing more information--if THEY can't identifying BG with the information they have, then I'm definitely not going to come up with any reasonable suppositions with the little i know.

Also, when I try to think that hard, smoke comes out my ears and my eyes bug out. Same thing in school. "Calculus? I think I'll take Home Ec instead." ;-)
I have literally sent it to you :confused:

I've missed a lot of threads on this case but has anyone heard what time Abby took the video of BG? If not, why are they keeping it a secret, it would narrow down the time considerably I would think.
Actually, I believe there was an approximate time or time frame on the original billboards the FBI had across the country. Someone on here may remember that time. If I remember correctly it was something like 2:20-2:30. I don't believe it is on any current billboards.

LE has said the girls were killed where they were found. They were not taken somewhere else and brought back.
I have been critical of the investigation and police withholding information, but I believe they are right about this.
LE also said, that the girls crossing the bridge, going down the hill and crossing the creek was also quite past reality, when a video with an reenactment was made public. I remember them saying, the videographer had it all wrong.

Actually, I believe there was an approximate time or time frame on the original billboards the FBI had across the country. Someone on here may remember that time. If I remember correctly it was something like 2:20-2:30. I don't believe it is on any current billboards.

Yes iirc 2:30 was the time on the original billboards. 2:30 was also the time used on the Dr Phil show with the family and DC in attendance, illustrating it was only 41 minutes between then and Libby not answering the 1st cellphone call from her dad.

Gosh so the window of time is even smaller

capture8_35516019_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

This guy, who has been unapprehended for almost five years, is anything but an idiot.

Or, if he is, this drops the bar for LE involved in the case even lower, and I don’t want to think so. They are local, rural, maybe average-level, but no worse than that.

Personally, I think they were inexperienced in such sorts of crime. And the murderer, already too experienced. Also, sadly, there are too many killers like this roaming around.
Sadly there are too many killers in general roaming around. MOO.

Yes it is. I believe it is very possible they were dead 10-20 minutes later. By the time Liberty's father was talking to FSG (3:20-3:30) the killer could have made it to his vehicle or been close to it.
Geez, that seems so quick. I’m no murderer but I’d think he would want to revel in his capture, torture and ultimate murder of his two victims. Ten to twenty minutes seems so rushed through for someone who seemed to have prepared for this opportunity. IMO

Yes it is. I believe it is very possible they were dead 10-20 minutes later. By the time Liberty's father was talking to FSG (3:20-3:30) the killer could have made it to his vehicle or been close to it.
Wasn’t that her grandfather?

Made it to his vehicle...or made it to another spot to change and clean up before going to be with others in the park, if we are to consider the theories that BG is someone already known to be in the park in the general time frame. Wondering if you feel that is very likely.

The families clearly know more than we do. Publicly saying they absolutely stand behind and trust LE working on the case.
When this changes, when one of the family members finally gets fed up with the lack of progress and releases some of the things they know that we don’t, THAT’S when this case will break imo.

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet but I firmly believe it will. There are at least 6 people in the immediate families who are privy to more info than the public is and eventually there will be some kind of discord between them and someone will start talking. All jmo

I don't really think of this killer as a criminal mastermind. A significant portion of his remaining loose probably has more to do with his being lucky rather than skill. If he tried to do this again something could very likely go against him. But you're right, he is certainly no idiot. To the best of our knowledge he hasn't shown up back on the scene. Most likely he hasn't bragged or confessed to anyone. (There is a slight chance he has, maybe while drunk or high, or the person hearing it fears for their life, but I doubt it.)

As someone has recently alluded to, this massive publicity to solve the murders may be working against us. Somewhere he may be sitting back getting off on all this and still getting some personal mileage out of it. I think back to the country comedian Ron White and picture him in his shorts and T-shirt, sitting in his beanbag chair, eating Cheetos and following all this on his laptop. When in reality, what he really is is just some low-life dirtbag who has crawled into his hole to hide.

You know why I think he might be experienced? He might be getting some mileage out of our discussions, even out of Gray Hughes’ narrative, hard as it could be to imagine ), and definitely out of all photos and videos of the trails that have been posted, but likely, he is getting something of own photos and videos. JMO.

I am almost positive he made a video, or took pictures, and posted it all somewhere on Dark Web. Today, TB or GRK would have done the same.

And it requires some skills, and certain knowledge. Probably, puts him into either a younger group, or, if older, a person who is technologically-savvy, and not an idiot, for sure.

Geez, that seems so quick. I’m no murderer but I’d think he would want to revel in his capture, torture and ultimate murder of his two victims. Ten to twenty minutes seems so rushed through for someone who seemed to have prepared for this opportunity. IMO

Maybe in old times? Maybe today, taking pictures and manipulating them later would be his ultimate revelry?

Question to everyone. I tried to look find-a-grave in Delphi, because it is also an easy pretext to visit the city, and found out that there are several cemeteries there. Does anyone know the name of the one that was so close to MHB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel