Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think it’s interesting that the police bulletin was released at 9:32pm.
That to me suggests some urgency and maybe they are expecting calls quickly and are ready to move.
I really need to settle down…
I'm with you...feelin' an all-nighter coming on.

Refresh button will be broken by morning.;)

My kids taught me about Snapchat years back, you can take a screen shot of whatever on the web etc then upload it to Snapchat from photos and it’ll show the time the snap was taken the more recent screen shots work good to make look live cuz of the time, you could work with screen shots in snap a go about way back in 2017, my kids and their friends did their pics like that all the time.
That aside, I feel like the user of the catfish profile ditched the account so the IP address wouldn’t be traced to their current location. Were/are there any local WiFi cafes or popular places young teens were known to chill in Delphi in 2016-2017 that you could be on WiFi for longer periods? Popular malls? Library with WiFi access, I have no idea what they had over there (remember the pandemic closed places down like crazy and some places stayed closed, so try to think pre-pandemic) this I feel is why LE thought bridge guy was a local, he’d know where to get WiFi, know the teen hangouts, and ultimately knew where to commit murders.
If what LE says the account was active from 2016-17 that means he ditched the account after the murders, so did he make another? That’s terrifying!

All imo jmo moo sorry for the rambles!

Other victims may have been ashamed to admit if he solicited private photos back then, but now 4-5 years later may have turned a terrified teen into a p*ssed off young woman who is now ready to get justice for that type of violation, and even more so for these two young girls.

Oooohhh good point!

And very likely, on KIK, not only IG. KIK was “in” in 2017. Possibly, he was paying teenage girls money to send their nude photos. And he did not operate only in IN, of course. Now the girls don’t want to remember this because they feel ashamed, and probably, suffer from some PTSD, too. Chances are, they are around 18-19 now. I wonder how many of them heard about Abby and Libby.

Yes, this is a question. I bet neither of us, who are aware and discuss this case, are around the age group that he targeted. Do young girls, who are now in high school, or recently graduated, know about the case? Do schools tell about it? Is this group directly asked?

I think this question has to be asked in US senior-middle and high schools.
Kik was in but Snapchat was the sophisticated newcomer that posts disappeared from after being read. Girls that were Catfished during this time would be in College now. Hopefully someone will recall something useful to this case

The HLN investigative reporter, Barbara MacDonald, who is behind Down the Hill podcast tweeted the ISP's update with this commentary:

I knew something was in the works. I know that they have more. If you can help them fill in this information please share.

https://mobile.twitter.com/newsybarbara

IMO LE have known about this for some time!

wow… so there is “more”?

I concur with everyone suggesting that LE knows who is behind the profile. Note they do not state they are trying to identify him.

…sharing the images in an attempt to get information on the creator of the profile who used them.
ISP seeks information about online profile in Delphi investigation

I suspect as many others that they are looking for someone else that communicated with the profile. There may have been something in those communications that can help them confirm where he planned to be or some other type of slip up.

I find the born in Alaska reference point interesting on the profile. It is an odd thing to include. Why also note it as a new account? This tells me there are other accounts that likely used the same photos.

Anthony_Shots: Instagram Page Probed in Indiana’s Delphi Murders

oh my goodness. total speculation but he very well could have been starting in Alaska targeting girls then moved on to the girls in Indiana , any similar unsolved cases in Alaska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper