Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The HLN investigative reporter, Barbara MacDonald, who is behind Down the Hill podcast tweeted the ISP's update with this commentary:

I knew something was in the works. I know that they have more. If you can help them fill in this information please share.

https://mobile.twitter.com/newsybarbara

IMO LE have known about this for some time!

I haven’t been on this thread in years. Hi, everyone.

1) there are actual “snaps” shown in some of these articles. Since the accounts are dead now, and the suspect hasn’t logged into them or won’t use them to communicate, where did these snaps come from? The phone? Or other victims’ phones?

2) are these snaps real? Did the snapper actually take these pics? I did a tiny bit of research and determined that there is technology (apps) to feed pics to Snapchat so they appear as snaps in real time. But I do not think it existed in 2017. So are these pics of cars real?

3) if those snaps are real, then where are these cars? It shouldn’t be that hard to narrow down orange lambos in Indiana.

4) not to disparage police, but I believe they would’ve done these things by now. So why are we hearing about it? What help could anyone provide other than coming forward as potential victims? And if that were the case, why wouldn’t LE have wanted them to come forward 4 years ago?

It’s not actually possible that these snaps and Instagram account were just discovered today, right?
It's my understanding that these are the images the account was using, and they originally came from the social media of a well known male model.

So neither the images themselves, nor the model in the photos, are relevant.

What they are looking for is someone who communicated with this "Anthony_shots," who was using these stolen images.

I haven’t been on this thread in years. Hi, everyone.

1) there are actual “snaps” shown in some of these articles. Since the accounts are dead now, and the suspect hasn’t logged into them or won’t use them to communicate, where did these snaps come from? The phone? Or other victims’ phones?

2) are these snaps real? Did the snapper actually take these pics? I did a tiny bit of research and determined that there is technology (apps) to feed pics to Snapchat so they appear as snaps in real time. But I do not think it existed in 2017. So are these pics of cars real?

3) if those snaps are real, then where are these cars? It shouldn’t be that hard to narrow down orange lambos in Indiana.

4) not to disparage police, but I believe they would’ve done these things by now. So why are we hearing about it? What help could anyone provide other than coming forward as potential victims? And if that were the case, why wouldn’t LE have wanted them to come forward 4 years ago?

It’s not actually possible that these snaps and Instagram account were just discovered today, right?

Imo, The car pics are fake like the model pics. The owner of the account was creating a persona that he was loaded with money.

It's my understanding that these are the images the account was using, and they originally came from the social media of a well known male model.

What they are looking for is someone who communicated with this "Anthony_shots," who was using these stolen images.
Correct. On the premise that he was probably Catfishing more girls than just these two

What I described in my post, is that although Instagram posts can be stolen (and profile pics on snap), these appear to be actual snaps. I don’t think there was technology in 2017 to fake snaps (like the car pics I posted from the article). But I’m not 100% on that.

Imo, The car pics are fake like the model pics. The owner of the account was creating a persona that he was loaded with money.
Yes. So the photos either came from this model's account, or were simply grabbed from the internet.

I really wish they had worded this communication better, because you know full well that everyone is still going to be trying to find out where these images came from, which is not what they want.

They want people to share their communication with "Anthony_shots," and these photos will help to jog the memory of those who did communicate with him.

"Oh, I remember talking with this guy."

This is certainly not the scenario I’ve been thinking but I’m alright being wrong.
I can’t imagine this was info LE had early on. If it is then all the criticism we’ve heaped on them the last four and a half years is warranted.
If it’s something they just found out about, how did that happen? Could one of their friends come forward and admitted they had contact with this guy?
Whatever…I’m hopeful!

Wow, really interesting news tonight.

I am listening to Gray Hughes, and find myself agreeing with him for once. They know who this is but would like corroborating information to make the case stronger. They absolutely have to know.

My opinion only!

I think so too. I think they know who it is and have for a long time; in their last presser they acted like they were addressing someone very specific. I think they’ve been sitting on the anthony_shots info since virtually the beginning and have decided to release it now because they’ve investigated as far as they could without making it public.

I have not been around here for a while, but just saw this..

Detectives with the Delphi Investigation Seek Information
So thankful to see new publicity regarding this case...and to see you all here still fighting for for Abby and Libby and their families.

From the link...

"This information was used while contacting juvenile females to solicit nude images, their addresses and in attempts to meet with them."

Other victims may have been ashamed to admit if he solicited private photos back then, but now 4-5 years later may have turned a terrified teen into a p*ssed off young woman who is now ready to get justice for that type of violation, and even more so for these two young girls.

Let's hope quick answers for LE lay in technology that has been carefully stored away by another young hero.

Thread #139 - coming soon.
Hoping ARREST is in the title.

Last edited:
What I described in my post, is that although Instagram posts can be stolen (and profile pics on snap), these appear to be actual snaps. I don’t think there was technology in 2017 to fake snaps (like the car pics I posted from the article). But I’m not 100% on that.
Correct. In 2017 Snapchat photos were live photos. However, you could take a live photo of a "stolen photo" (from someone else's account) and it would post as "live"

Wow, really interesting news tonight.

I am listening to Gray Hughes, and find myself agreeing with him for once. They know who this is but would like corroborating information to make the case stronger. They absolutely have to know.

My opinion only!
I agree as well, now that I think about it. Law enforcement has the username, which means they certainly executed a subpoena on the social media sites that this account was operating on.

That would come back to an IP address, and ultimately a name.

They're looking for people who have fallen victim to this guy, in one way or another.

Is it possible SnapChat or whatever social media platform fought any subpoena etc in court and delayed LE finding out the IP address etc until recently?
Please please please let this be the the break.
In following many cases where social media is involved, I can't imagine that occurring.

They tend to be very receptive to complying with subpoenas like that.

That's not of course to say that's how they figured out who this account was, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it went down.

Correct. On the premise that he was probably Catfishing more girls than just these two

And very likely, on KIK, not only IG. KIK was “in” in 2017. Possibly, he was paying teenage girls money to send their nude photos. And he did not operate only in IN, of course. Now the girls don’t want to remember this because they feel ashamed, and probably, suffer from some PTSD, too. Chances are, they are around 18-19 now. I wonder how many of them heard about Abby and Libby.

Yes, this is a question. I bet neither of us, who are aware and discuss this case, are around the age group that he targeted. Do young girls, who are now in high school, or recently graduated, know about the case? Do schools tell about it? Is this group directly asked?

I think this question has to be asked in US senior-middle and high schools.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is someone who they have in custody for other reasons and have figured out his connection to the girls…and the request for other interactions is to strengthen the eventual case.
However, the message from LE makes it sound like they are still trying to get a name for the individual himself.

I am on Twitter and searched this screen name on there—did not find it, but there were several remarkably similar with no profile pictures, no tweets, no followers. Spooky.

MOO, YMMV, etc.

I wonder if this is someone who they have in custody for other reasons and have figured out his connection to the girls…and the request for other interactions is to strengthen the eventual case.
However, the message from LE makes it sound like they are still trying to get a name for the individual himself.

I am on Twitter and searched this screen name on there—did not find it, but there were several remarkably similar with no profile pictures, no tweets, no followers. Spooky.

MOO, YMMV, etc.

Search "anthony_shots" on Instagram. The account is still up, but private.

ETA: Login • Instagram

FBE0846B-81CF-4273-A2C2-4A7728559CD2.jpeg

I concur with everyone suggesting that LE knows who is behind the profile. Note they do not state they are trying to identify him.

…sharing the images in an attempt to get information on the creator of the profile who used them.
ISP seeks information about online profile in Delphi investigation

I suspect as many others that they are looking for someone else that communicated with the profile. There may have been something in those communications that can help them confirm where he planned to be or some other type of slip up.

I find the born in Alaska reference point interesting on the profile. It is an odd thing to include. Why also note it as a new account? This tells me there are other accounts that likely used the same photos.

Anthony_Shots: Instagram Page Probed in Indiana’s Delphi Murders

I also think it’s interesting that the police bulletin was released at 9:32pm.
That to me suggests some urgency and maybe they are expecting calls quickly and are ready to move.
I really need to settle down…
I think it's likely related to the news cycle. They get the breaking news reports on all the late night newscasts, followed by a great deal of coverage all day tomorrow.

But I'd prefer your suggestion, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo