Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the poll is concerned, here’s what I think…

The killer was there looking for a victim, so in that sense I guess it was planned.
The only victims the killer was able to isolate and trap were Libby and Abby, so I guess it was random. Wrong place, wrong time for Libby and Abby.
I do not believe the girls were targeted in the sense that someone for weeks had been planning to do them in for any reason.
If they were stalked it was only after they got to the trails and the killer saw them as potential victims.

I guess I am of the mind that Libby and Abby were victims of opportunity by a prowling killer. So count me as thinking random…any female at the trails that day was in danger and any of them could have been the victim.
Any females of a certain age? Or just any female, regardless of her age?

I don’t doubt there’s “talk” but no credible media source is going to publish “gossip”, thankfully. Why would unproven words hold any interest - talk is cheap. If there’s anything to be said that’s of such critical interest, charges would already have been laid by now.

Not many other cases does LE see the need to remind people of the damage speculation can cause. This case might be an unsolved mystery, much like a movie or novel to some since we have no direct involvement, but it’s a real life happening to others. What’s written on the internet stays forever.

Police warn of dangers of online sleuthing to solve Delphi murders | WTTV CBS4Indy
“Police monitor social media and want those tips, but they want them sent to the tip line. If someone is named and cleared behind the scenes, they can get on with their life. If that accusation is public, it could follow them forever.

“That person’s name is forever connected to the Delphi case even if they have nothing to do with it,” Perrine warned. “It could be years down the line when they’re applying for a job, and somebody does an internet search for their name and their connection to this case, their alleged connection to this case, comes up.”…”

I watched an episode of “Cold Justice” recently that really highlighted the danger of crazy speculation. A fifteen year old cold case that rumors had swirled for years about certain things and police corruption, all coming from gossip and podcasts. Everyone in town seemed to believe the rumors. The Cold Justice team methodically disproved every rumor and what was left was the obvious un-sensational truth. Occam’s Razor wins again.
It was hard not to think of the Delphi case while watching it.

Dear fellow sleuths
I think this case needs to be solved. We can speculate all we want and it will lead to nothing, unless we organize.
Is there anywhere we can gather organized information and still use this web to gather more information?
On this website we should answer some questions. Mine, as if now is as followed;
-victims; gender, age, interests, friends, family
-where, geography, why are people there, who, when, why
-all we know about whatLE found on site
-all evidence published or known

and let us go from there.
Anyone up for it?

That’s interesting. remember that photo he has on his front page on Facebook where he is a kid with his brother and sister and friends? His sister’s picture appears to have been manipulated a bit. She’s like 8 years old but has long fingernails on a woman’s hand and an ear gauge in her lobe.I couldn’t figure out why he would ever do that, make her have adult female parts when they were all just kids.
Just very odd to me.
I think we discussed this back on that thread, but as a child, I wore these button earrings that could look very much like gauges, but were just normal earrings.
And I also wore Lee press-on nails at that age. They were very cheap but could look exactly like hers do in the photo. It was just a fun way to play dress-up.
I would guess the photo is not retouched. jmo

COPIED "Dear fellow sleuths
I think this case needs to be solved. We can speculate all we want and it will lead to nothing, unless we organize.
Is there anywhere we can gather organized information and still use this web to gather more information?
On this website we should answer some questions. Mine, as if now is as followed;

Anyone up for it?"

Doesn't this whole Delphi forum serve that purpose?

Dear fellow sleuths

Anyone up for it?

bbm

It's against WS TOS to sleuth family

That is a key point worth kicking around, imho.

Now that you mention it, interesting to think about the implication of someone collecting the reward has on “leaks”. Might the risk of having to share the reward pose a reluctance for an insider to blab critical information? On that same note, it could be easy for LE know what gossip is “out there” because much of it is probably turned back to them in the form of tips, again due to the incentive of the reward.

Dear fellow sleuths

Anyone up for it?

This might be a helpful read -
Delphi murders: 4 years later, what we know in deaths of Abby & Libby

But without knowing who else was on the trail that day or what evidence LE was able to collect from at or near the crime scene, not even the causes of death, it makes any conclusions aside from pure speculation absolutely impossible. We’ve done well here at 138 threads of it.

LE have never asked the general public to determine what occurred nor handed off the investigation of the case to the general public —— they only have asked to be tipped about the possible identification of the suspect. IMO that makes it virtually impossible without personally knowing that person, someone who has a connection to Delphi, Indiana and has said incriminating things or acted in such a way as to rouse suspicion.

JMO

But without knowing who else was on the trail that day or what evidence LE was able to collect from at or near the crime scene, not even the causes of death, it makes any conclusions aside from pure speculation absolutely impossible. We’ve done well here at 138 threads of it.

LE have never asked the general public to determine what occurred nor handed off the investigation of the case to the general public —— they only have asked to be tipped about the possible identification of the suspect. IMO that makes it virtually impossible without personally knowing that person, someone who has a connection to Delphi, Indiana and has said incriminating things or acted in such a way as to rouse suspicion.

JMO

Agree with this. Since LE has released virtually nothing there is not much except speculation. We’ve all heard things in other places but without MSM or LE verification they can’t come here. As someone mentioned, no sleuthing family, friends or people not suspected by LE.
We’re probably doing about as well as we can.

... ...
But without knowing who else was on the trail that day or what evidence LE was able to collect from at or near the crime scene, not even the causes of death, it makes any conclusions aside from pure speculation absolutely impossible. We’ve done well here at 138 threads of it ...
Well said. We can't reason based on what we know because we really don't know much of anything. Great link, btw--very interesting and I hadn't seen that before.

My family lives in a neighboring town of Delphi. There is no chatter about this case. We were just there over Thanksgiving and I brought it up. The response was, “yeah, still don’t know who did it.” And that was that.
I won’t over generalize, I have no idea if the Abby & Libby case is dinner table talk in Delphi.
However, Every time we drive through Delphi, I can’t help but wonder if the guilty party is sitting in his home, is a drifter or is sleeping on the couch of his 90 year old grandmother.
I don’t feel positive that this case will be solved at this point. I’d love to be proved wrong.

My family lives in a neighboring town of Delphi. There is no chatter about this case. We were just there over Thanksgiving and I brought it up. The response was, “yeah, still don’t know who did it.” And that was that.
I won’t over generalize, I have no idea if the Abby & Libby case is dinner table talk in Delphi.
However, Every time we drive through Delphi, I can’t help but wonder if the guilty party is sitting in his home, is a drifter or is sleeping on the couch of his 90 year old grandmother.
I don’t feel positive that this case will be solved at this point. I’d love to be proved wrong.

im also losing confidence this case will be solved. If BG was someone local, I think there would have been an arrest already. For that reason, I think BG is a drifter, which would make him very hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn