Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HOT OFF THE PRESSES! From mycase.IN.gov. KAK's jury trial scheduled for 5/9/2022.

12/13/2021
Motion Filed
Motion to Lift Pretrial Conference and Schedule for Pretrial Conference, Final Pretrial Conference and Jury Trial
Filed By: Kline, Kegan A.
File Stamp: 12/13/2021

12/14/2021
Order Granting
The Court Grants motion to lift pretrial conference scheduled for 12/16/21 at 8:30 a.m. and schedules pretrial conference on 2/24/22 at 8:15 a.m. a final pretrial conference on 4/21/22 at 9:00 a.m. and jury trial on 5/9/22 through 5/13/22 beginning at 8:00 a.m. each day.
Order Signed:
12/13/2021

12/14/2021
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Pretrial Conference originally scheduled on 12/16/2021 at 8:15 AM was rescheduled to 02/24/2022 at 8:15 AM. Reason: By Request.

12/14/2021
Final PreTrial Conference scheduled for 04/21/2022 at 9:00 AM.

12/14/2021
Jury Trial scheduled for 05/09/2022 at 8:00 AM.

12/14/2021
Jury Trial scheduled for 05/10/2022 at 8:00 AM.

12/14/2021
Jury Trial scheduled for 05/11/2022 at 8:00 AM.

12/14/2021
Jury Trial scheduled for 05/12/2022 at 8:00 AM.

12/14/2021
Jury Trial scheduled for 05/13/2022 at 8:00 AM.

02/24/2022
Pretrial Conference
Session: 12/16/2021 8:15 AM, Rescheduled
Session: 02/24/2022 8:15 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.

04/21/2022
Final PreTrial Conference
Session: 04/21/2022 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.

05/09/2022
Jury Trial
Session: 05/09/2022 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.
Session: 05/10/2022 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.
Session: 05/11/2022 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.
Session: 05/12/2022 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.
Session:
05/13/2022 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.

In fact, I personally sat on a Grand Jury where, while the DEA/FBI investigation(s) were underway, the criminality was permitted to continue. Yes, the Grand Jury investigated several matters, being updated weekly, or bi-weekly, on said matters, even as the criminality continued to unfold.

Said process could continue for months, or years, before an arrest is made.

HOT OFF THE PRESSES! From mycase.IN.gov. KAK's jury trial scheduled for 5/9/2022.

12/13/2021
Motion Filed
Motion to Lift Pretrial Conference and Schedule for Pretrial Conference, Final Pretrial Conference and Jury Trial

12/14/2021
Order Granting
The Court Grants motion to lift pretrial conference scheduled for 12/16/21 at 8:30 a.m. and schedules pretrial conference on 2/24/22 at 8:15 a.m. a final pretrial conference on 4/21/22 at 9:00 a.m. and jury trial on 5/9/22 through 5/13/22 beginning at 8:00 a.m. each day.
Order Signed:
12/13/2021

12/14/2021
Pretrial Conference originally scheduled on 12/16/2021 at 8:15 AM was rescheduled to 02/24/2022 at 8:15 AM. Reason: By Request.

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

02/24/2022
Pretrial Conference

04/21/2022

05/09/2022
Jury Trial
Session:
I just have to point out his charges pertaining to 2/17/2017 because those are the most serious charges he faces, F4 (although all his charges are sickening...) :

35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
21 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
22 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
23 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
24 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
25 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
_________

The aggravating factors pertain to items he was in possession of and/or attempting to disseminate (share). The exploitation aggravating factors (c)(1) are within the below codes, and (e)(1) is similar but in reference to possession of child *advertiser censored*:

Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-42-4-4 | FindLaw

(c) However, the offense of child exploitation described in subsection (b) is a Level 4 felony if:

(1) the sexual conduct, matter, performance, or incident depicts or describes a child less than eighteen (18) years of age who:

(A) engages in bestiality (as described in IC 35-46-3-14 );

(B) is mentally disabled or deficient;

(C) participates in the sexual conduct, matter, performance, or incident by use of force or the threat of force;

(D) physically or verbally resists participating in the sexual conduct, matter, performance, or incident;

(E) receives a bodily injury while participating in the sexual conduct, matter, performance, or incident;  or

(F) is less than twelve (12) years of age;  or

Last edited:
Everyone is uber focused on the "gap" portion of ISP's statement, but the first couple of sentences and the last sentence of the statement really jump out at me.
"The Indiana State Police has received many media inquiries since our December 6th press release concerning “anthony_shots” and eventually the identification of Kegan Kline."

I think they said that to get the media to back off a bit. To me, this entire statement was directed more towards the media then the general public.​

"Your questions are certainly relevant as they relate to a long, complex, and extremely complicated murder investigation."

IMO, this is the most important sentence in the statement. They did NOT rule out KAK anywhere in this statement, but instead reinforced that this is still a murder investigation that KAK is associated with in some way...

The last sentence is cryptic and extremely interesting, IMO:

"We know there is enormous interest in the “WHY” of everything we do, but we cannot and will not speculate. One day you will have the opportunity to see and know what we do, and we look forward to that day."

The "WHY of everything [they] do..." Ultimately, their job is to bring AW and LG's killer to justice. Everyone is focusing on this "gap" in time regarding KAK, but I think there is a solid reason for that gap. I think they needed that time to thoroughly investigate, and also to get the data retrieved from those phones using the new technology that wasn't allowed for use until 2020, IIRC.

This is a "long, complex, and extremely complicated murder investigation." They needed time to get their ducks in a row. Perhaps, KAK was helping their investigation during this time as an informant. I think this is the "WHY?" for the gap. They answered this for us in their own statement.

IMO they may have a pretty solid idea of who AW and LG's killer is and I think they were spending this time collecting evidence and building a case. They want to ensure they're crossing their "T's" and dotting their "I's" before pressing charges or arresting that person or persons.​

What Indiana State Police are saying about Kegan Kline, ‘anthony_shots’ and the Delphi murder investigation

I still think, even after yesterday’s statement, that Kline is connected to Delphi, and I think LE does too, so I’m hopeful this all does lead to something.
I think LE’s credibility took a hit yesterday because I think it was an admission that a mistake was made and it was an unforced error as folks say in tennis. After years of silence, it’s not what people wanted to hear, and I do believe they owe the families an apology. A little humility can go a long way.
Their sentence saying they cannot and will not speculate on “why” they do things is a curious sentence. A person should already know why they did something…people don’t speculate about their own behavior unless they’re in therapy maybe. If they don’t know why they’re doing things, it makes sense why we’re all at a loss to figure it out. I’m joking, sort of, but really, could they please hire someone to write a complete and cogent thought.
For me, I am done paying any attention to what LE says in this case. I will just try to focus on what they do.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Everyone is uber focused on the "gap" portion of ISP's statement, but the first couple of sentences and the last sentence of the statement really jump out at me.
"The Indiana State Police has received many media inquiries since our December 6th press release concerning “anthony_shots” and eventually the identification of Kegan Kline."

I think they said that to get the media to back off a bit. To me, this entire statement was directed more towards the media then the general public.​

"Your questions are certainly relevant as they relate to a long, complex, and extremely complicated murder investigation."

IMO, this is the most important sentence in the statement. They did NOT rule out KAK anywhere in this statement, but instead reinforced that this is still a murder investigation that KAK is associated with in some way...

"We know there is enormous interest in the “WHY” of everything we do, but we cannot and will not speculate. One day you will have the opportunity to see and know what we do, and we look forward to that day."

The "WHY of everything [they] do..." Ultimately, their job is to bring AW and LG's killer to justice. Everyone is focusing on this "gap" in time regarding KAK, but I think there is a solid reason for that gap. I think they needed that time to thoroughly investigate, and also to get the data retrieved from those phones using the new technology that wasn't allowed for use until 2020, IIRC.

This is a "long, complex, and extremely complicated murder investigation." They needed time to get their ducks in a row. Perhaps, KAK was helping their investigation during this time as an informant. I think this is the "WHY?" for the gap. They answered this for us in their own statement.

IMO they may have a pretty solid idea of who AW and LG's killer is and I think they were spending this time collecting evidence and building a case. They want to ensure they're crossing their "T's" and dotting their "I's" before pressing charges or arresting that person or persons.​

What Indiana State Police are saying about Kegan Kline, ‘anthony_shots’ and the Delphi murder investigation

The word “gap” is as common to risk mitigation as “hammer” is to the carpentry trade. I don’t see anything unusual or revealing at all with regard to its usage in LE’s communication.

Could be. Everything we know about KAK, it leaves me feeling rather sickened to even think of portraying him in a hero role, without anything whatsoever to back it up.

IMHO, a CI is hardly a hero role. I think a lot of perps only agree to be CIs to try to reduce charges and/or time off sentences.

There's nothing to confirm he was on the run either...

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier but if this doesn't have to do with Delphi then why did they tell people to call the tip line?

No idea...
Who are you talking about? Because BG hasn’t been arrested as far as we know and I personally don’t think KK or JBC are BG.

And while i hope KK is locked up for a long time, in my local area a man was just sentenced yesterday to 6 months in jail for child *advertiser censored*. So it seems like no one cares, which is beyond infuriating.

Only six months? wth...

Since KAK has been behind bars for over a year, what do you feel they were looking for at the house a few weeks ago?

More electronics related to his current case?
Something that could somehow be associated with the Delphi case?

I find it interesting they were back there a few weeks ago….

Maybe Dad is downloading *advertiser censored*. They noticed the activity continued after he was imprisoned?

"We understand there was a period of time that passed between 2017 and 2020 when Kline was not arrested and incarcerated for Possession of Child *advertiser censored*. Once the Indiana State Police presented the criminal case to the Miami County Prosecutor in June of 2020, immediate action was taken by both the Indiana State Police and the Miami County Prosecutor’s Office, which ultimately resulted in Kline’s arrest. Like so many other pieces of this investigation, we will always review, learn from, and make any necessary adjustments. We do not believe that any person has done anything intentionally wrong, but we will continue to critically evaluate our efforts."

Almost makes me think they knew this guy was out there doing this, LE decided not to pursue charges, then he was somehow involved in the death of A&L...and now they feel responsible?

Almost makes me think they knew this guy was out there doing this, LE decided not to pursue charges, then he was somehow involved in the death of A&L...and now they feel responsible?

That's what I read from it too. He was investigated for downloading CP but they let it slide and now maybe party to Abby & Libby's demise.

Aren’t they simply responding to the type of criticism that’s been written on this very thread - Why wasn’t KAK arrested and charged immediately upon the search, why the 3 year lag, considering he’d admitted he was involved in seeking child *advertiser censored* by creating the deceptive anthony_shots profile and did so for his own personal sexual gratification. This really didn’t answer the question although “learn from it” is a good indication of a screw-up, although they don’t want to hold any department accountable (ie FBI, ISP or County).

JMO

I've said it before and reading all the thoughts of posters has just made it seem more likely to me...anthony_shots was a shared account.

Finding everyone involved with it is the key objective. I think LE knows LG and/or AW had contact with that account. They just can't prove with whom in KAK's group of associates it was. They may think they know but cannot prove it yet.

LE seems to be looking for those victims that had a face to face with BG just like "Kayla" and her friend did that day she recounted on that podcast. AJMO

In fact, I personally sat on a Grand Jury where, while the DEA/FBI investigation(s) were underway, the criminality was permitted to continue. Yes, the Grand Jury investigated several matters, being updated weekly, or bi-weekly, on said matters, even as the criminality continued to unfold.

Said process could continue for months, or years, before an arrest is made.
Letting crimes against children occur to further any investigation would be unconscionable...to me. AJMO

You raised my blood pressure sky high with your post. Not your fault, you're just the messenger

I hope you're right and that there's more to LE's statement than meets the eye. To me, it just reads like a poorly written statement.

I know that LE are working on the case. I'm just not sure that there's the degree of deliberation or intention in the wording of communication that other's see. I hope I'm wrong though. AMOO

Is it just me or is anyone wondering why KAK has a jury trial in 2022 ? Surely the fact he's already serving a jail sentence for the CSAM means this is for something additional ?
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, I may just be clutching at straws tbh.......

12/13/2021
Motion Filed

12/14/2021
Order Granting
Order Signed:
12/13/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

12/14/2021

02/24/2022
Pretrial Conference

04/21/2022

05/09/2022
Jury Trial
Session:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member