Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #142

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123 Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132 Thread #133 Thread #134 Thread #135 Thread #136 Thread #137 Thread #138 Thread #139 Thread #140 Thread #141

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

NOTE - per Tricia and Sillybilly’s 5.28.2021 post here, JBC as a poi is now open for discussion in the Delphi thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Theorizing based on some known fact sourced from MSM or LE is fine, but there is no known fact to substantiate speculation about catfishing. Please move on from that discussion.

Also, a few reminders from TOS:

It is WS preferred policy to use initials only for anyone other than victims or perps.

If you have questions about rules or moderation, please do not ask them on the thread. Just private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Rumors are not allowed. If you can't link information to Websleuths approved sources, do NOT post it with "I read it somewhere" or "I'll find the link later ...".

Before you post something make sure what you are stating is FACT as we know it from MSM, LE or another approved Websleuths source.

Sleuthing or discussing RSOs just because they are on the registry is not allowed. A thread specific exception may be made by Tricia or an Admin depending on geographical location in relation a crime.

Photo alterations or side-by-side comparisons are not allowed.

Since this is a nice fresh thread let me share my current top theory on this case that I think is a reasonably likely course of events.

I believe that one or both of the girls had the anthony_shots profile on their Instagram friends list or perhaps even interacted with it. I have come to lean towards it not being directly related to their murders and that law enforcement released that info in hopes of some other woman who had actually met "shots" coming forward and connecting that profile to one of their suspects, probably Chadwell.

I think that the girls were killed by an opportunistic child predator operating in and around Delphi. Chadwell looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

Question; if the phone was in Libby’s pocket when BG spoke, and BG did not remove whatever was covering his face, could both cut off the higher notes in the speech? Is there a way to recreate it?

Basically, we are listening to the guy speaking through some cloth, and possibly recording through another cloth. I remember Charles Chaplin describing the first “talkie”, he said the heroine spoke as if her face was covered (…with something).

P.S. even N95 mask changes the voice; try it. I think the shape and the air contained in front of the mouth changes things, too. What if BG also had a flu? Can some meds might make the voice hoarser? Should we listen to the pronunciation only and not discount higher tones?

Something to think of: vocal cord warts that can be removed, or any meds that were taken and stopped…
I paid attention to welding as occupational hazard and testosterone (or simply antiandrogenic drugs), but apparently, if he has asthma and was treated by inhaled steroids, it could happen.

Drug-induced vocal cord damage.

Last edited:
Question; if the phone was in Libby’s pocket when BG spoke, and BG did not remove whatever was covering his face, could both cut off the higher notes in the speech? Is there a way to recreate it?

Basically, we are listening to the guy speaking through some cloth, and possibly recording through another cloth. I remember Charles Chaplin describing the first “talkie”, he said the heroine spoke as if her face was covered (…with something).

P.S. even N95 mask changes the voice; try it. I think the shape and the air contained in front of the mouth changes things, too. What if BG also had a flu? Can some meds might make the voice hoarser? Should we listen to the pronunciation only and not discount higher tones?

Something to think of: vocal cord warts that can be removed, or any meds that were taken and stopped…
I paid attention to welding as occupational hazard and testosterone (or simply antiandrogenic drugs), but apparently, if he has asthma and was treated by inhaled steroids, it could happen.

Drug-induced vocal cord damage.

Good things to think about. There are a lot of unknowns here, so anything could be true. Also, we don't know how much they had to clean up the audio, that can definitely alter the voice a bit. I imagine whoever edited it was doing so with the intent in not trying to change it too much but sometimes that's hard to avoid. But, what I would say is regardless, if you know the person well, it likely won't matter. You can recognize voices of friends and family when they are sick, shouting, whispering, etc.

With the 5 year mark coming up, I'm wondering if there will be any publicity. I'm fairly sure if Carroll County SO has the lead now, there won't be anything unless the media makes the first move. I believe ISP is keeping a low profile on this case now. If they do have something on TV, the cases of JBC and KAK and this business with the internet will probably be something LE doesn't want to deal with in public.

With the 5 year mark coming up, I'm wondering if there will be any publicity. I'm fairly sure if Carroll County SO has the lead now, there won't be anything unless the media makes the first move. I believe ISP is keeping a low profile on this case now. If they do have something on TV, the cases of JBC and KAK and this business with the internet will probably be something LE doesn't want to deal with in public.

I think the only thing we will see on the 5 year anniversary is a reminder to call the tip line.
That d#&n tip line. I’ve grown to hate it.

Once again, if these were my girls, I’d be screaming from the rafters! Either review everything from the start or reveal more information and out it up on billboards again.
It’s just beyond ridiculous! IMO

I suspect some of the problem is that they know perfectly well what happened but they don't have the evidence to prove it in court. They might even have definite information but if it's from, say, an illegal search, they wouldn't be able to use it.

Once again, if these were my girls, I’d be screaming from the rafters! Either review everything from the start or reveal more information and out it up on billboards again.
It’s just beyond ridiculous! IMO

I’ve said it before, Holly Bobo’s killers would have never been caught if her parents had not persistently gone to the public berating LE for their sloppiness and lazy investigating.
To me, if LE doesn’t know who the Delphi killer is, why would you not, after five years want some real help from the public. Why would you not pull out the stops to make something happen and release some real information that might be helpful. I don’t see how this endangers the investigation. They don’t even have a case right now.
If LE knows who it is, but is lacking something needed to arrest him, I figure you’ve got a couple of choices. In some way you’ve got to be very specific about what you need, without naming the guy. Is it an alibi buster, a timeline, that stupid car at CPS, cellphone info.
Or, a much bolder play, you’ve got to paint a very broad picture of what happened and what you know, keeping some things quiet still. The suspect will probably be recognized even though he’s not named. Then the public knows what they’re looking at.
It’s time for action. Past time.

I’ve said it before, Holly Bobo’s killers would have never been caught if her parents had not persistently gone to the public berating LE for their sloppiness and lazy investigating.
To me, if LE doesn’t know who the Delphi killer is, why would you not, after five years want some real help from the public. Why would you not pull out the stops to make something happen and release some real information that might be helpful. I don’t see how this endangers the investigation. They don’t even have a case right now.
If LE knows who it is, but is lacking something needed to arrest him, I figure you’ve got a couple of choices. In some way you’ve got to be very specific about what you need, without naming the guy. Is it an alibi buster, a timeline, that stupid car at CPS, cellphone info.
Or, a much bolder play, you’ve got to paint a very broad picture of what happened and what you know, keeping some things quiet still. The suspect will probably be recognized even though he’s not named. Then the public knows what they’re looking at.
It’s time for action. Past time.
:::::::::::::::::::::::wild applause::::::::::::::::::::

Since this is a nice fresh thread let me share my current top theory on this case that I think is a reasonably likely course of events.

I believe that one or both of the girls had the anthony_shots profile on their Instagram friends list or perhaps even interacted with it. I have come to lean towards it not being directly related to their murders and that law enforcement released that info in hopes of some other woman who had actually met "shots" coming forward and connecting that profile to one of their suspects, probably Chadwell.

I think that the girls were killed by an opportunistic child predator operating in and around Delphi. Chadwell looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

I agree that Chadwell likely murdered Libby and Abby and others. I think they could charge him
now and that we will see charges eventually.

Are they still in a media "blackout"?

I agree that Chadwell likely murdered Libby and Abby and others. I think they could charge him
now and that we will see charges eventually.
I wonder, if JBC is ever found to be the killer, will he still have a trial? He’s already in jail for the attack on the neighbor girl for the rest of his life what would be the point of giving him a life sentence if he’s already going to die in jail?

I suspect some of the problem is that they know perfectly well what happened but they don't have the evidence to prove it in court. They might even have definite information but if it's from, say, an illegal search, they wouldn't be able to use it.
That sums up what I suspect also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member