Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #146

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With enough time the guilty can even pass polygraphs.
I dated a guy I high school that stole his cousins moped when he was younger. His aunt and uncle demanded a polygraph because they didn’t believe him…he passed. Apparently he spray painted the moped a different color and he just kept thinking he didn’t have a red moped, he had a white one. My point being…it’s crazy how the mind can work things out.

I don't know why it took so long for KAK to be arrested, but ultimately he was, and with 30 charges based on digital evidence found over those 2 years. My hope is that the digital complexity of this case is what has taken a substantial amount of time to uncover.

snipped and bbm for focus ..

We discussed some of this back on thread #139 and I am attaching a post from @mekeritrig that was really helpful in explaining some of this .. if you read this post and the few that follow it, it may help anyone that may have missed it.

Edited to add .. also according to the affidavit a new lead investigator was assigned on April 24th, 2020 and received the digital forensic examination on June 12th, 2020 .. they met with the Miami County Prosecutor 6 days later.

Last edited:
snipped and bbm for focus ..

We discussed some of this back on thread #139 and I am attaching a post from @mekeritrig that was really helpful in explaining some of this .. if you read this post and the few that follow it, it may help anyone that may have missed it.

Edited to add .. also according to the affidavit a new lead investigator was assigned on April 24th, 2020 and received the digital forensic examination on June 12th, 2020 .. they met with the Miami County Prosecutor 6 days later.

Thanks for posting this and including the link to the affidavit.

I've followed this case off and on and so I know I've missed some info along the way. I either never knew some of this or blocked it out of my brain.

CSAM with children as young as THREE? Using his step-sister's name for another account which claims to have had sex with both KK and his father?

I don't remember all of this and am newly nauseous.

What's also so frightening is how many young girls who believed the pictures were actually being sent by the genuine model/cop from Alaska did in fact send sexual pictures.

I've warned my teenaged granddaughter about all this stuff, as well as my teenaged female students in general terms back when I was teaching; but really parents, grandparents and teachers can never know everything.

I think they wanted to follow all the threads to arrest the rest of his web before they arrested him.

Investigations take time.
the background music on this video is annoying,(so you might want to turn it down) but the information is INCREDIBLE. If you ever wanted to see how two people could/would/can lie about jobs, locations, timelines and relationships....this is the best! Watch and say, "Aha!"

My best guess is LE interviewed all the girls who were at the sleepover with Libby and Abby, and perhaps initially out of fear, they didn't mention the conversations that were going on between Libby and AS that night. It's also possible that they did but they couldn't remember his screen name. Someone, however, in 2020 obviously told LE about AS, AKA Kegan Kline, and he was arrested. Based on the interrogation, it is very clear that LE considers him a suspect. IMO

Only Abby slept over at Libby’s the night before the tragedy.

A search warrant was executed at KAKs residence in 2017, later the same month as the murders, the 25th iirc and as a result various IT devices and cellphones with CSAM evidence was seized but he wasn’t charged and arrested until August 2020. So he’s definitely been on LEs radar virtually since the onset.

Thanks for posting this and including the link to the affidavit.

I've followed this case off and on and so I know I've missed some info along the way. I either never knew some of this or blocked it out of my brain.

CSAM with children as young as THREE? Using his step-sister's name for another account which claims to have had sex with both KK and his father?

I don't remember all of this and am newly nauseous.

What's also so frightening is how many young girls who believed the pictures were actually being sent by the genuine model/cop from Alaska did in fact send sexual pictures.

I've warned my teenaged granddaughter about all this stuff, as well as my teenaged female students in general terms back when I was teaching; but really parents, grandparents and teachers can never know everything.

It is frightening .. I have these talks with my granddaughter also and it doesn't help that this is so close to home for us. :(

Only Abby slept over at Libby’s the night before the tragedy.

A search warrant was executed at KAKs residence in 2017, later the same month as the murders, the 25th iirc and as a result various IT devices and cellphones with CSAM evidence was seized but he wasn’t charged and arrested until August 2020. So he’s definitely been on LEs radar virtually since the onset.

I think @HistoryNut was referring to the sleep over that took place a week or so before this incident. And I'm not sure that Abby was present at that sleepover but I'm not 100% sure about that. This sleepover was at another friends house and that friend is the one that was communicating with the AS account and came home from school to a masked man looking in her bedroom window.

the background music on this video is annoying,(so you might want to turn it down) but the information is INCREDIBLE. If you ever wanted to see how two people could/would/can lie about jobs, locations, timelines and relationships....this is the best! Watch and say, "Aha!"
This video is well worth watching, making it easy to comprehend both Klines' efforts to reconstruct false alibis after the murders. Recently in video, Grey Hughes said of the K's that "they did it or know who did it." Appreciate the making and posting of clear documents which would bolster court cases.

What do the young wolves learn from the older wolves?
  • The young wolves watch the behavior of the adults and see how the game is played. They witness how the adults change their strategy according to conditions and type of prey. They learn how the hunters handle each different situation: what to do when the prey dashes for open ground, or jumps into a river,...

I dated a guy I high school that stole his cousins moped I when he was younger. His aunt and uncle demanded a polygraph because they didn’t believe him…he passed. Apparently he spray painted the moped a different color and he just kept thinking he didn’t have a red moped, he had a white one. My point being…it’s crazy how the mind can work things out.
I don’t know who passed a polygraph, but if KAK, and he was on anti seizure meds, that by default would invalidate the polygraph. The list of medications that can potentially invalidate the polygraph (or a good lawyer could use it as defense) probably strongly crosses over with FAA requirements, and if you look at that list, only vitamins are not on it.

Last edited:
LE knew about a_shots and KAK by 2/25/17, because it's all in the search affidavit. In the 2020 interview, LE said on 2/20/17, a girl had given her address to a_shots and planned a meetup, which led to her coming home on the bus to find a guy in a ski mask looking into her bedroom window. Subpoenas connected a_shots to the Peru house where KAK and TK lived, which resulted in the search warrant being served on 2/25/17. Someone or something had already linked a_shots to L at that point, imo, because KAK was polygraphed about it (apparently). I believe, perhaps incorrectly, that the girl from the 2/20/17 incident was maybe also at the sleepover where L talked to a_shots.

I don't know why it took so long for KAK to be arrested, but ultimately he was, and with 30 charges based on digital evidence found over those 2 years. My hope is that the digital complexity of this case is what has taken a substantial amount of time to uncover.
I wonder what the description of the ski mask was on the guy looking in the girl's window after school. I've always thought BG had a white Balaclava mask around his neck that could pull up to be a face mask....hmmm

I dated a guy I high school that stole his cousins moped when he was younger. His aunt and uncle demanded a polygraph because they didn’t believe him…he passed. Apparently he spray painted the moped a different color and he just kept thinking he didn’t have a red moped, he had a white one. My point being…it’s crazy how the mind can work things out.
Its much harder now as technology and methods in lie detection have come a LONG way , but its still possible.

What do the young wolves learn from the older wolves?
  • The young wolves watch the behavior of the adults and see how the game is played. They witness how the adults change their strategy according to conditions and type of prey. They learn how the hunters handle each different situation: what to do when the prey dashes for open ground, or jumps into a river,...
With these types its not usually a learned behavior however, its usually a sexual issue that's been held at bay for awhile and sometimes, fueled by sexual materials the offender likes , then they come across the victim(s) with no adult presence and they act. they are more like killers in waiting than active predators, (more like a crocodile than a wolf if you will)

Or misplaced anger, that the victim was simply representative of .

IMO, the explanation for his fake alibi makes no sense. His driving offenses occurred in the morning and in the late afternoon. If he need an alibi about driving illegally, why pick a totally different time that just happened to coincide with the crime? IMO the explanation would only make sense or be reasonable if the alibi was sought for the times he actually was away from his home.

I really don't think, nor am I suggesting that RL committed this crime, but I seriously wonder if he somehow had knowledge that he needed to give an impression that he was away during that very crucial timeframe and therefore would not be expected to provide any information that might impart any knowledge he had of who did commit it.

JMO

I wonder - and I don’t know RL at all - if he himself had nothing to do with the crime, but was at home and heard the fight or the shrieks and, being an old man, simply was afraid to go out and check/help? We all have our own feeling about RL, I view him as a man who can get mean when drunk, but still has some chilvary when sober, especially with younger women. It so from his video interview. JMO.

So for such a person to admit that he, having guns at home, got scared of getting out to help, was hard. But then, when he realized that violence happened (we don’t know what he knew or saw or whether he did, but it was his land), he thought about his own alibi and asked his relative to help.

Sometimes it is scary to be a witness. Ron was a single old man living alone at a big parsel of land and maybe, did not want to risk his life or physical integrity.

There is one more thing that doesn’t match. I always thought that maybe, just maybe, the prototype for YBG sketch was older, and DC simply showed a younger version of him? Because they didn’t have enough facts for the court. Well, RL had thick hair, but outside of that, there was nothing similar between him and YBG. There was little similarity between him and OBG sketch, either.

I wonder - and I don’t know RL at all - if he himself had nothing to do with the crime, but was at home and heard the fight or the shrieks and, being an old man, simply was afraid to go out and check/help? We all have our own feeling about RL, I view him as a man who can get mean when drunk, but still has some chilvary when sober, especially with younger women. It so from his video interview. JMO.

So for such a person to admit that he, having guns at home, got scared of getting out to help, was hard. But then, when he realized that violence happened (we don’t know what he knew or saw or whether he did, but it was his land), he thought about his own alibi and asked his relative to help.

Sometimes it is scary to be a witness. Ron was a single old man living alone at a big parsel of land and maybe, did not want to risk his life or physical integrity.

There is one more thing that doesn’t match. I always thought that maybe, just maybe, the prototype for YBG sketch was older, and DC simply showed a younger version of him? Because they didn’t have enough facts for the court. Well, RL had thick hair, but outside of that, there was nothing similar between him and YBG. There was little similarity between him and OBG sketch, either.
Half of me can see this scenario, with RL being too afraid to say what he might have seen, heard or known (if anything) and part of me just can’t imagine it. I’ve been told many times I’m too idealistic but I have to believe most people would want to help in an investigation of two murdered girls if they could. Sure, he was a criminal who knowingly broke the law multiple times. And yeah, we’ve heard about alleged violence committed while under the influence. Both horrible things that no doubt deserve punishment. But to allow a child killer to go free? Or possibly provide assistance? Knowing they were in your own backyard? It seems like it’s on a different level to me. Kinda like how we hear that child molesters are treated worse by other inmates in prison. I’m not saying it’s okay or it’s right, but it takes a different kind of depravity to commit murder. All imo.

@Kell1 Item 6 on page 3 of the probable cause states that it appeared that the girl's bodies were moved and staged.

Thank you for posting the warrant.

I have two questions in general. Not to you specifically, just to raise them.

1) did LE check what RL bought in Aquarium store? He said, fish, but these stores sell tons of chemicals. Would be very important to find out from the receipt.

2) interestingly, at 2:09 his phone can be placed not precisely, but in the vicinity of MHB.

Just wanted to attract everyone’s attention that, triangulation impossible and all, they were able to place RL’s phone in the vicinity of MHB, at 2:09.

I think it is an interesting fact.

Half of me can see this scenario, with RL being too afraid to say what he might have seen, heard or known (if anything) and part of me just can’t imagine it. I’ve been told many times I’m too idealistic but I have to believe most people would want to help in an investigation of two murdered girls if they could. Sure, he was a criminal who knowingly broke the law multiple times. And yeah, we’ve heard about alleged violence committed while under the influence. Both horrible things that no doubt deserve punishment. But to allow a child killer to go free? Or possibly provide assistance? Knowing they were in your own backyard? It seems like it’s on a different level to me. Kinda like how we hear that child molesters are treated worse by other inmates in prison. I’m not saying it’s okay or it’s right, but it takes a different kind of depravity to commit murder. All imo.

Yes, the murder was horrible and cynical. Why does DC think that the killer has some conscience is beyond my understanding.

However - I don’t live in Delphi. RL might have recognized the killer, but what if the killer is known for criminality? Another reason - Ron could have had losses in life, he’d might have felt the need to protect not only self, but whoever he considered his family, from retribution. JMO.

Main thing is, RL is dead. Whatever secrets he knew, he took away with himself. Does LE have enough data to accuse RL posthumously? Well, the case is open…

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the warrant.

I have two questions in general. Not to you specifically, just to raise them.

1) did LE check what RL bought in Aquarium store? He said, fish, but these stores sell tons of chemicals. Would be very important to find out from the receipt.

2) interestingly, at 2:09 his phone can be placed not precisely, but in the vicinity of MHB.

Just wanted to attract everyone’s attention that, triangulation impossible and all, they were able to place RL’s phone in the vicinity of MHB, at 2:09.

I think it is an interesting fact.
I'm thinking,from what other more knowledgeable persons have posted, that a phone CURRENTLY in use might be pinpointed accurately.. However, HISTORICAL data might only include the cell tower it pinged off of and if we're lucky somewhere in there it may have pinged on another cell tower. That might mean anywhere within the 360 coverage of that tower or, at best a 90 or 120 degree sector within the tower's coverage. The MHB could fall within that sector, but so could any place else within the several square miles within that sector.

Page 6 states that the 2:09 call APPEARS to be in or around his property. Then they go on to state that his phone was in the vicinity of MHB with the qualifier that the exact location cannot be determined. A WS member, @skibaboo posted this Google Map of the area earlier and it shows 2 cell towers to the west of the crime scene

The two closest towers are to the NW of Delphi and to the SE of Delphi. A cone or sector of coverage could easily have covered both RL's house, the crime scene and the bridge - i.e., the vicinity.

I'm no cell phone technology expert but someone on here might be able to chime in and provide more info or debunk what I have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memez411