Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly what I think. Back to the beginning but with a new sketch.

That's what would've upset me-the fact that it feels like they're starting all over again.

And, honestly, standing in a crowd of people and picturing my daughter brutally murdered and left for dead in the woods would probably upset me. It's not like after 2 years you suddenly grow cold to the idea. My kid died almost 10 years ago and sometimes I burst into tears telling people about it. Sometimes I don't. But in a high pressure situation like that-a big press conference where you're just hoping that the right person hears the information-yeah. I can see heightened emotions.

Maybe the "leave the family alone for two weeks" is to see who doesn't leave the family alone for two weeks. Like someone all wound up now wouldn't be able to control themselves from trying to find out info from them despite the request?

When LE said, "Please be patient, we are just beginning..." I truly believe he KNOWS who the suspect is, however they need to gather additional evidence to make an arrest. They are "just beginning" that process.

and the prosecutor rescinding his retirement is very curious and exciting...seems to me like LE and the DA(s) are putting the pieces together. i hope.

That's what would've upset me-the fact that it feels like they're starting all over again.

And, honestly, standing in a crowd of people and picturing my daughter brutally murdered and left for dead in the woods would probably upset me. It's not like after 2 years you suddenly grow cold to the idea. My kid died almost 10 years ago and sometimes I burst into tears telling people about it. Sometimes I don't. But in a high pressure situation like that-a big press conference where you're just hoping that the right person hears the information-yeah. I can see heightened emotions.

Sorry about your loss!!! My worst fear is losing a child ❤️

"Also, I don't think it's fair to call the search site abandoned. Everyone involved was out well past dark, and in wooded areas far from light and near a river, I am quite certain the decision to call off the search for the night was made for safety reasons."

Get some flashlights. I would have. I can't imagine their thinking. Which was, as published, they believed the girls were missing by choice. And they stopped searching because it was......dark. Yes, it's dark at night. But that's what flashlights are for. If it were my child, I would have sued for abandoning the search. They would have settled too.

Remember it was muddy, with damp leaves on the ground, lots of limbs and tree stumps, with a deep drop off to the river. The land owner said there’s no way they climbed up the riverbank, something we now believe to be exactly what they did. The last thing they wanted was to have injured searchers. Who also, IMO, could’ve sued. The night of the 13th, Mike Patty said Libby’s phone was pinging all over town. They didn’t suspect foul play and I think were shocked the girls didn’t just get lost. There was a strong sense of safe small community.

I honestly never saw him wearing anything but a hat until I drew out the picture myself. Looks like a young adult with brown straight hair with bangs. Here is my image, may help some people. I just circled his head, he is looking down.
I noticed this same thing yesterday...I can clearly see the younger guy with bangs....thanks for posting!

I can’t imagine the family being anything but upset- they lost their daughters and I expect every meeting with LE is emotional. I don’t think we should read anything more into it than that.
I think perhaps LE told them their idea that BG is hiding in plain sight and could even be at the press conference. I could totally understand being upset at the idea of being in the same room as BG - the murderer - and not being able to arrest the person right then and there. How in the world could they keep their composure when Carter said - he might even be with us here today (not exact quote)?

These families have carried such a burden, suffered so much sadness...wow, sometimes it just hits the heart.

jmo

I don’t think anyone thought they ran away, it was more like, maybe they had gone deeper into the woods and lost their way back... or maybe they left and went to a friends house and didn’t call or text to family members they had left and went somewhere else for the day... more along those lines is what people were thinking !

ETA from my memory, I’m not sure everyone was thinking that, but I can remember more of them getting lost and couldn’t find their way back was what they were worried about. Like the girls being cold... no one was fearing them dead at the point the search was called off, also added article from when the girls were still missing. Talks about at the end how they didn’t believe the girls were in danger

Authorities, family continue searching for missing Carroll County teens

Yes, Anna was interviewed that night saying they were probably really hungry. There was no huge sense of urgency yet.

Okay, I'm going to throw this out. What if they need to search for this new sketch guy in order to eliminate reasonable doubt for a suspect they are about to arrest? Since this sketch hadn't been shown 2 years ago, a defense team would be all over it if they hadn't. Also because someone spoke up about this guy and the car. To proceed they must eliminate all reasonable doubt?

Family may have had their hopes up of an arrest yesterday but as it is now, it's a whole new direction squashing their hopes for justice.

There, I said it. Doesn't mean I'm sold on it but do have a hard time with suspects other than my own POI. lol

Remember it was muddy, with damp leaves on the ground, lots of limbs and tree stumps, with a deep drop off to the river. The land owner said there’s no way they climbed up the riverbank, something we now believe to be exactly what they did. The last thing they wanted was to have injured searchers. Who also, IMO, could’ve sued. The night of the 13th, Mike Patty said Libby’s phone was pinging all over town. They didn’t suspect foul play and I think were shocked the girls didn’t just get lost. There was a strong sense of safe small community.

Sorry, I’m confused, who climbed up the riverbank?

And do you have a link about Libby’s phone pinging? How was it pinging all over town but found with or near her body?

I can’t imagine the family being anything but upset- they lost their daughters and I expect every meeting with LE is emotional. I don’t think we should read anything more into it than that.

There's no way the SI's emotional state was just status quo for this case. Something very specific and personal rattled and angered him to the point of him almost losing it.

* Some of the officer's statements seemed like "acting" in a way - like at the beginning when he said he will never forget how supportive the town was to the family. And at the end when he said he will always think of the girls. I don't mean acting as in faking - I believe he TRULY MEANT those statements, but that the statements seemed very, very deliberately made, as if to say to the killer, I know who you are and you're no longer fooling anyone.

I totally agree with this. Some of the statements were not typical generalizations that one expects during a press conference; to me it was almost like he was speaking in code to one individual.

Also, the timing of this presser is significant, imo. Perhaps they set things up in a way to be sure the perp had ample opportunity to be in town for this, in the event he is not in the area much of the time. He may have been expected by family for the Easter holiday and if that is that is the case, I have no trouble believing LE knew this.

I do not believe this case will go unsolved. No doubt LE is ready to make their next move and something is going to happen that will let them know when and where they need to do that.

Carter was clearly distraught, anxious and was trying to be careful with his words. There is so much more behind this. I watched this presser locally first and later watched it again online. I noticed that when he said "he may be in the room" that the officer next to him eyes darted in a specific direction and stared in that direction for sometime until Carter started talking about the family then the officers eyes changed direction as though looking now at the family.

Why would the family be so upset about the new information. I've heard that they already viewed the video, they already heard the audio. Must be something about the new drawing that has invoked so much emotion....

The video of BG looks to be an older guy and the jeans he is wearing are the type worn by an older guy. I'm sure its been mentioned before but it looks like he's wearing a fanny pack, brown on his front right side. His posture is of an older guy. The new drawing is just so contrary to what I'm seeing in the video....

Do you think it could be that the family is not necessarily upset by the content of the new information, but upset by the circumstance all together. I pray I am never in their shoes, but I have to imagine that you would never be numb to something like this & that every public event might solicit emotion. I also think they may have left immediately after in order to avoid questions from the press. I have not watched a video that shows the family’s response, so this is all just my speculation & opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill