Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know why they think BG was in disguise. Suddenly the eyewitness account and sketch is front and center when for the previous two years they believed that the actual photo of him would be more accurate.

I trust LE has made the right choices for the investigation at the right times. But what caused this shift and why now?

JMO.

I think a disguise has only been speculated here on this thread.

“Asked why a sketch created in 2017 was only now being released -- as the centerpiece of a press conference -- a state police spokesperson told Fox News on Tuesday the agency is not commenting on investigative techniques.

But on Monday, officials said the new image came about after some bit of new information that had been "continuously reviewed and examined." Authorities said the image "more accurately" depicted the face of the suspect from video recorded on German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge...”
'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

So is it safe to say now that LE does not have DNA evidence?
My sense is that if they do have DNA, it’s either a weak sample, or one of questionable origins.

If they had a solid DNA sample (blood, semen), then I think they would have done some of that new advanced testing.

There are no signs of that.

I don’t think he was reading off a teleprompter, but I also don’t think where he was looking, has any particular significance.

This was a large, nationally aired press conference. One that had great significance.

His priority would have been delivering his messaging, and not scanning the room for suspects. He had plenty of help in that regard.

He appeared emotional, and was probably quite nervous. I don’t think he would have been acutely aware of a particular person in the room.

Is it possible that the killer was in the room? Yes.

But I don’t think it is probable.

I thought about the killer not being there also. I was thinking that LE was scanning the people to take account of those who were there but, also... watching for those they would fully expect to be there... but, hmmmm, "for some reason" did not show up.

What does that mean?
Someone referenced that Leazenby said they were targeted
Then Asked who would target young girls
I was replying while trying to be delicate that if they “were” targeted it may be been to hurt someone else by hurting the girls. Does that make more sense now?
The “they were targeted” jives with LE saying all along that the community wasn’t in danger

My thoughts on all this (some of them are deviating drastically from the conversation thus far):

- The movie reference is also interesting. Many theories have been thrown around already which range from it being just a reference to an appeal to BG. Yet, it can also be a way for LE and BG to communicate. I offer that perhaps BG has already communicated with the police and said something to the effect or "I want to turn myself in but it needs to be on my terms. If you agree then somehow reference this movie in the media." Then the reference is a "message received" and opens further the lines of communication between the suspect and LE.

Again, all the above are MOO.

The statement in the PC about the media not contacting the families for 2 weeks could have been a message to the killer that he has 2 weeks to turn himself in or respond.

It seems odd to me that the BG had his hands in his pockets, when navigating his way, somewhat awkwardly... not using his arms in any way to help him balance. This seems to be the only "mannerism" that I could detect in the very short video released.
When a man walks with his hands in his pockets, it can be a sign of being unhappy with their clothes, appearance... basically being self conscious. Also it can be a sign of lying so he may have been feeling embarrassed and shameful of himself because of what he was thinking/planning

MOO

I was replying while trying to be delicate that if they “were” targeted it may be been to hurt someone else by hurting the girls. Does that make more sense now?
The “they were targeted” jives with LE saying all along that the community wasn’t in danger
Yes, I understand. I don't know if the families had any enemies or knew someone who wanted revenge but it's possible that LE is looking into that. Imo

So happy to see some info released by LE, but I have to say that was one of the most unique PC's I've ever seen. He spoke like he was following a script almost.

I'm sure the FBI had created a profile early on, but maybe there has been some sort of new evidence (other than the second drawing and audio clip) that had them tailor their PC so specifically (The Shack reference). It sounds like they're speaking to someone local or known IMO.

I feel good that this is definitely moving somewhere sooner rather than later. I was in IA area where the two cousins were abducted and killed in 2012. It's a great feeling to think the murderers of these young girls can still be caught even after all this time. These families and communities are devastated and need answers!

JMO

Please do not suggest this was a revenge attack against a family member. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this is the case and it is against Websleuths rules to do so. I do not want this thread shut down indefinitely.

I believe the only information published regarding "church" was that Libby's services were held at Delphi United Methodist Church (UMC), and Abbey's services were kept private.
I seem to remember that one of the 2017 press conf. Being held at that church. The head Pastor lead the prayers before it commenced. Iirc moo

When a man walks with his hands in his pockets, it can be a sign of being unhappy with their clothes, appearance... basically being self conscious. Also it can be a sign of lying so he may have been feeling embarrassed and shameful of himself because of what he was thinking/planning

MOO
Or maybe he was just trying to look nonchalant. It would seem that he is purposely avoiding looking in their direction, too. Good thing, or he may have realized he was being filmed. Imo

Please do not suggest this was a revenge attack against a family member. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this is the case and it is against Websleuths rules to do so. I do not want this thread shut down indefinitely.
So what do you think leazenby meant by they were specifically targeted

Did we ever find out if Libby's phone was found, or was the info pulled from the cloud? I just can't see BG leaving the phone there, but I could see it being destroyed if he knew he'd been filmed. Unless she tossed it into brush and he had to get out of there because he heard the initial searchers calling out to the girls before he found it.

Walking along the bridge he looked like was just ambling along. I don't think he knew she was filming and I think at least one of the girls new BG. Otherwise, if they felt they were in danger why did they stay and film him and not run like the devil away? Unless they felt safe until he showed them a gun or some other weapon.

Both of those girls were smart and knew to be afraid. I'm guessing they didn't see the evil until it was too late.

All of this is just some of the thoughts rattling around in my head, so please forgive if all of this has recently been addressed.

MHOO

And I think someone as an after-thought mentioned seeing "xxxxxx's car parked out at the old xxxxx building that day until 5". Maybe without realizing what they'd even said.

JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member