Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disturbed by a lot of things about this case and the new information we have. One thing I feel very sure about is that whoever this person is has absolutely fluctuated in their facial hair patterns and preferences. I don't know if I think body type has changed so much, but beards or the sudden lack of one can DRASTICALLY alter someone's appearance.
A beard could certainly help hide that prominent chin....yes.

All of it.

The murders were very likely about power and control.

Everyone looking for him, everyone talking about him, plays to his ego. He’s smart, he’s cunning, and no one can catch him.

People fear him, and although he’s faceless, he’s done something that makes him a somebody.

He didn’t just get off on the power he felt when he killed two little girls, he’s feeding off the news coverage now.

I think that by calling him a coward, and essentially a baby killer, they are trying to get him to communicate. If not with law enforcement, with somebody.

They insulted him, and I think it was intentional.

They want him to bite.

You know, watching the actual video from Libby’s phone is important. You can actually see what I think is the beginning of the attack, and it’s bold and unnerving. It is a powerful guy, controlled and seemingly without fear, despite having to step across the cross ties. I get why investigators think there is a local connection. Some of the videos shared early on crossing Monon High are scary in of themselves, with the highness of the bridge above the land, and the ease of looking down through the ties to the earth below. Those girls were pretty brave, too.

He would have to be familiar with the bridge, the trails, the creek. That’s my opinion for now. So why has this been so hard to solve?

Perhaps someone lent BG their car that day, and they are hoping someone comes forward to say "Well, I don't know where my vehicle was between 12 and 5 that day because I lent it to so and so?"

Or maybe someone will come forward to say "I know so and so always liked to park at that building to go walking on the trails?"

Does anyone know if it was common for people to park at the abandoned building to access the trail system, or if this would be highly unusual and suspect? We have a trail system where I live with an official trailhead/parking lot, but there are many other places people park to access the trail at different points, and it isn't unusual to find several cars even parked on side streets or parking lots for closed businesses. Just wondering if that was the situation here or not.
I'm thinking the police believe he is local because he must have known it was an empty unused building. Perhaps he thought no one would notice a vehicle parked there, although I would think one car parked at an empty building would stick out like a sore thumb.

i think the new sketch is what he looked like weeks or months leading up to the horrific incident, (before the scraggly goatee or beard + any weight gain or loss or, even possibly, when he was younger) or directly after, (he shaved/ changed his hair/ lost or gained weight) to try and trigger local people (or one person, perhaps) that KNOW this person and will recognise him immediately. MOO.

That would imply that the witness knew exactly who the killer was, otherwise it would not have been possible to identify him (for the witness)!

58441674_1000722563464512_93455907085615104_n.jpg

Something looks 'off' to me with the second sketch. I'm 50/50 whether it looks similar or dissimilar, but what stands out for me is how assymetrical the second face is. The guy's left eyebrow peaks higher and his right eyelid looks more hooded (or lazy) than his left. His right nostril looks longer than his left. Right side of his cheek/face looks fuller than the other side. Left side of the jaw is more angular. Maybe you are right that the sketch is being taken off a phone or surveillence camera and shows the suspect from an odd angle. It almost looks to me like he is smirking.
I see all of what you're saying. The two renditions are not the same people. Bulbous nose, small nose, spread apart eyes, close eyes. The chins are very different too. The younger man will be easier to find imo....not as average looking. The thick curly hair too.....bet he shaves it.

The only reason i think no is that if they felt in danger im assuming they would have made sure to say his name on the recording.

Maybe not for self-preservation, especially if they only knew/recognized the guy casually or if he was in disguise. They may have pretended to not recognize him and not say his name hoping that he wouldn't kill them if they couldn't identify him.

someoneelse333 Can you see a 2 door or 4 door red truck?

You know, watching the actual video from Libby’s phone is important. You can actually see what I think is the beginning of the attack, and it’s bold and unnerving. It is a powerful guy, controlled and seemingly without fear, despite having to step across the cross ties. I get why investigators think there is a local connection. Some of the videos shared early on crossing Monon High are scary in of themselves, with the highness of the bridge above the land, and the ease of looking down through the ties to the earth below. Those girls were pretty brave, too.

He would have to be familiar with the bridge, the trails, the creek. That’s my opinion for now. So why has this been so hard to solve?
I think it’s been difficult for two reasons:

He’s not known to the victims.

That initial sketch didn’t look like him.

It’s still weird though. It’s very difficult to solve a murder perpetrated by a stranger, but in a town of this size, you wouldn’t expect it to be that difficult.

He just had to be familiar with that area, and you’d think that someone would atleast recognize his clothing from that still on the bridge.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. And I think this guy has been very lucky thus far.

Hopefully that changes.

So some random guy finds 2 teenage girls hiking and murders them?

Hmmmm..... I dont know man. I just dont know.

Not a chance. This miscreant tracked these girls (probably catfished Abby), knew they were going to be there - (were going to meet), and he came prepared with his murderous tools.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'm not all caught up with the thread yet, but I see a lot of talk about how BG is walking in the new clip. I thought I remembered reading/hearing to keep in mind that his walk is not "normal" due to gaps on the bridge/ties/something along those lines?

Essentially, yes - the bridge and ties are both very degraded and were in disrepair. At the time of the murders, it was (and still is) illegal to walk on the bridge because of its hazardous nature.

Judging by the video and the photo Libby took of Abby from the third platform, it is also evident that BG crossed that bridge with some measure of speed to close the distance between them.

I am not a doctor, but I think it unlikely that he is handicapped as indicated by others in the thread.

Rape is about power and control.
The officer made reference to how they were left in the woods.
As much as I hate to think that this could be yet something else these girls endured, I believe this is likely what he was alluding to.

JMO
I agree and I think by not letting out that info, he feels he isn't feeding his arrogance. His word choices were very thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member