Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s been difficult for two reasons:

He’s not known to the victims.

That initial sketch didn’t look like him.

It’s still weird though. It’s very difficult to solve a murder perpetrated by a stranger, but in a town of this size, you wouldn’t expect it to be that difficult.

He just had to be familiar with that area, and you’d think that someone would atleast recognize his clothing from that still on the bridge.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. And I think this guy has been very lucky thus far.

Hopefully that changes.
Interesting. I always have thought his clothing was pretty much how most people dress. But, I think he had a whole bunch of stuff underneath it. Pretty creepy if you ask me.

I've always thought he exposed himself or threatened them in some way.

Yes, that crossed my mind as well. He is def a creep, and no doubt there was a creepiness aspect that put them on high alert.

When he says, and what has been studied here at length, “guys, (go) down the hill,” he is staying in control. He is calm.

I do think the FBI has a category for this type, and I will go research it, but bet someone else here pops up with before I get back. :)

I logged on this afternoon fully expecting to see an arrest.
It's a small town - if he lived there he would have been smoked out by now. He must have lived at some point, moved, or comes in for work.

Someone in Delphi must know this guy and is staying quiet.
Let's hope they grow the ..... to call LE.

Amateur opinion and speculation

That would imply that the witness knew exactly who the killer was, otherwise it would not have been possible to identify him (for the witness)!

or maybe this was a case of cognitive dissonance for the witness, and he (or she) could not process it as someone he knew and respected in the community 2 years ago! i just felt the pc was aimed at not only the actual killer, but was also appealing to someone who will absolutely recognise this sketch, and is possibly protecting BG. another possibility is that the sketch is of the "witness." (all my opinion.)

Last edited:
I believe the hat in the suspect drawing is inaccurate, I think it's a hunting hat similar to this; which is very common in the Midwest. Abbott Thayer, Countershading and Camouflage Theory

Pages of clothing and hat discussion took place in the early weeks -- to the point that it was given its own thread. Also, to catch up on major details, you can always go to Page 1 of any thread to see all of the links.

Image/Clothing Discussion -
Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

When a man walks with his hands in his pockets, it can be a sign of being unhappy with their clothes, appearance... basically being self conscious. Also it can be a sign of lying so he may have been feeling embarrassed and shameful of himself because of what he was thinking/planning

MOO
Or he could have been making sure his weapon stayed in his pocket.

Interesting. I always have thought his clothing was pretty much how most people dress. But, I think he had a whole bunch of stuff underneath it. Pretty creepy if you ask me.
I dunno. To me, he looks like a bum.

So much so, that when I first saw that still, I thought he might be homeless.

There’s nothing particularly unique about his clothing, but I still would expect someone to put a face to his appearance.

If BG was your son or brother would you turn him in?
I'm thinking that's what we have here....someone knowing but they love their relative so much they can't bring themselves to turn them in. It would be hard.

I think this is what's happening here. Son, brother, sure - consider if this man is married with children? Well-known or respected, possibly LE, media, or church, as some have posited? In a small town like this, the thought of tearing apart your own family to bring justice to another would be excruciating to consider.

If this is the case, I hope that whoever knows this man decides to do the right thing. These girls deserve to be given justice, and the families deserve peace.

I'm thinking that's what we have here....someone knowing but they love their relative so much they can't bring themselves to turn them in. It would be hard.
I think that was partially the reason for some of the language that was used.

Basically saying that this guy is a cowardly monster who horrifically killed two little girls.

They’re appealing to the conscience of someone who may be protecting him, or someone who has suspicions regarding someone’s involvement.

Speaking for myself, I’d turn in a family member in a heartbeat.

You know, watching the actual video from Libby’s phone is important. You can actually see what I think is the beginning of the attack, and it’s bold and unnerving. It is a powerful guy, controlled and seemingly without fear, despite having to step across the cross ties. I get why investigators think there is a local connection. Some of the videos shared early on crossing Monon High are scary in of themselves, with the highness of the bridge above the land, and the ease of looking down through the ties to the earth below. Those girls were pretty brave, too.

He would have to be familiar with the bridge, the trails, the creek. That’s my opinion for now. So why has this been so hard to solve?
I just had a rather wild card thought...but who knows. Perps seem to like to return to the scene of their evil deeds. Do any of you locals know of any "accidental" falls from that bridge in the last 10 or so years? Those "accidents" should be reexamined with a fine tooth comb. Who was there with the victim, or who were the witnesses to the "accident"?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Absolutely I would turn him in. I would be in shock and feel devastated but what he has done is unforgivable. I would be repulsed to be anywhere near him. Not every parent has morals though and some will protect their kids no matter what they have done.

I think the video clears up in some ways the white stretchy thinking sticking out of the top of his jacket. Some thought is might be cigarette or vape smoke, but it’s easy to see now the shape doesn’t change. Steady. It makes me think it might be part of the kit.

But did he know they would be there, or did he come prepared for any potential victim of his preference that might stumble along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aburke