Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter said "you want to know what we know". Did BG contact or tried to contact the family digging for information. Is there fear that BG will try the same thing again and thus LE is protecting them from this happening again? Maybe someone claiming to being a psychic or a reporter.
I think this is based solely off what the profile says.

When people like him commit crimes like this, they want to know exactly what is going on with the investigation.

It’s quite common.

It’s almost certainly based on nothing specific.

The girls were located quite a distance away from the bridge. They had to walk through rugged terrain and if memory serves, cross the river? Anyway, IMO time would not allow for the abduction, travel to the murder site, and return of the killer in time to see Libby's Dad in the area of the bridge.

I wonder if he left the area thru a heavily wooded area, coming out in a totally dif’ area, even.
He really had a short timeframe. Moo

Sorry in advance if this theory has already been posted - the thread is too long for me to read completely. Just wanted to say that after watching the presser, my theory is that BG has been inquiring heavily about progress on the case both in person and anonymously online and he accidentally included an unpublished fact, which caught the attention of the police, who started monitoring him. (I wonder if it was something about how the girls' bodies were left, because the police specifically say the girls are not how you left them). This explains how the police seem to know a lot about BG without knowing his exact identity. I think the police dropped clues to let BG know they're monitoring him (the Shack, the fact that he has a family and that someone has noticed he's acting differently). I'm sure they'll be able to connect the online identity with BG in time, but it'll go faster if the person/people he was talking online with recognize the details and go to the police, or if BG cracks under pressure after realizing he's being monitored and someone reports his unusual behavior.

Like he prefaced with “do as I say, you won’t get hurt......”,
Is how it seems to me.
Absolutely, and the girls were close friends so one would not leave the other. I can't help but think, if Libby was recording, she may have had a certain look on her face and the BG was catching onto it. So him saying "guys....down the hill" was almost him telling them not to do anything fishy. And you're right, there is much more to that recording that we aren't hearing and IMO probably is more threatening.

I’m a newbie to this case, but am also wondering did anything more come of the guy Libby’s dad saw on the bridge??? IMO he would be a prime suspect. Did her dad ever give a description of that guy??
Hopefully Libby's dad did get police to make a sketch at the time of the guy on the bridge, whoever he was. So he has come forward? When and anything more about that?

Me, too. But I'm just looking for a possible reason for BG to be in the area other than strictly to go after somebody. Even if he did see them get dropped off, did he already have layers on? Did he have spare clothing in his vehicle? Did he run home? So many questions...

Good questions. I have now came to the belief he had a murder kit stuffed in that jacket, which makes it look like a belly. I come up with no logical way to murder 2 girls without "props" so to speak. I could also be completely wrong. I can't think of any reason to be there, prepared to commit murder, other than the obvious.

Does someone have the transcript of the PC handy?
Don't have it handy but it's in the last thread.
I wonder if he left the area thru a heavily wooded area, coming out in a totally dif’ area, even.
He really had a short timeframe. Moo
I've always thought he tried to blend in with the searchers and became "one with the team."

02.19_delphi_web1.jpg

I think the original assumption when they first went missing was that perhaps they had just gotten lost in the woods and were waiting for someone to find them.[/

(Edited to remove duplicate quote)

You’re right. I listened to the Criminology podcast “The Delphi Murders” (Ep 48) yesterday & Becky Patty says that initially the worst they considered was that one of the girls had fallen & gotten a minor injury or they’d lost a phone. Much like most people, they did not imagine something so terrible initially.

Good questions. I have now came to the belief he had a murder kit stuffed in that jacket, which makes it look like a belly. I come up with no logical way to murder 2 girls without "props" so to speak. I could also be completely wrong. I can't think of any reason to be there, prepared to commit murder, other than the obvious.
At the very least, I think he came prepared with a knife, or more likely, a gun.

He’d have to control them somehow.

I think it’s possible that he tied them up, but that likelihood varies based on the murder method.

They either crossed the creek on foot or there was a vehicle on the road/driveway at the end of the bridge. Vehicle unlikely because the POI would probably have driven away with the girls and not returned later to general area to place the bodies where they were found knowing in all likelihood some type of search would be going on.

Don't have it handy but it's in the last thread.

I've always thought he tried to blend in with the searchers and became "one with the team."

Since LE has now said he’s most likely a local you’re probably right. I think he had to have heard Libby’s stepdad calling their names (if srepdad did). It makes me wonder if his plans were interrupted.

I also assume stepdad repeatedly dialed her phone, which makes me think he heard it. Libby could’ve silenced it. It’s easy to do blind on an iPhone.

Since LE has now said he’s most likely a local you’re probably right. I think he had to have heard Libby’s stepdad calling their names (if srepdad did). It makes me wonder if his plans were interrupted.

I also assume stepdad repeatedly dialed her phone, which makes me think he heard it. Libby could’ve silenced it. It’s easy to do blind on an iPhone.

I'll try to find it but I *think* I read her phone was dead by then.

I know my kids always have their phones on silent. Always.

Right. That coat looks stuffed with something, I agree. Originally I thought he had his hands in his jean pockets, but the more I look, I think what I thought were his hands are the bottom of a sweatshirt (same shirt we see the hood for)? So now I think his hands are in the blue coat pockets. I do think he has a gun or other weapon in one pocket. Otherwise, he wouldn't need much...a roll of duct tape? Rope or gags, maybe? Geez, he could have had it all in his car or bought something at the farm supply store, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB