Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering..
Is it possible for someone to take the sketch and reproduce it digitally into a photograph?
I am not suggesting that anyone here do it, not sure that altering photos is in anyway allowed.
But... I am wondering if maybe police/forensic artists are considering it?
Kinda like the "age progression type photos" .
It would be interesting to see the sketch turn into a full color photo-esque version.

Just me being me, and of course all MOO

The officer who drew the sketch described it as a “ballpark estimation of what the person looked like” so I don’t think it’d be necessarily expected that a police sketch turned into a photo would be more helpful than the sketch .....and maybe only a coincidence of the usage of “ballpark” given both girls were avidly into baseball.

BBM

“In vague terms, Bryant told the Star the image was based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported. The sketch is a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."....”
'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

BG reminds me a lot of hunters I know when they are dressed up ready to go out. Usually in layers, scarf or high collar up around face, camo hat, look a lot thicker than they really are, and often bulging pockets. That was my first impression, and it still holds. I think he lives in very rural Delphi, where he could be recognized, but mostly goes unnoticed.

In my opinion only. What if the newer photo is the BG but re-done to show what he looks like without a "disguise". Maybe someone saw him before he put on the hat etc. My other thought is what if the newer photo is what the BG would look like about the time he may have lived in Delphi. Seeing the younger photo, someone states hey, that looks like Joe Smith.

Dear Lmustang89,

Thanks for sharing these great insights !

You really have me thinking about the sketch in different ways.

"Maybe someone..."
Q. Could this somehow relate to a witness either around the bridge or someone who spotted him leaving/returning to the vehicle?

"...what if..."
Q. This is really bright thinking. F.B.I. level stuff!

I don't think they knew for sure until recently. They can't just go pick him up until they have enough evidence to ensure a conviction.
Knowing who he is is only half the battle. They need the evidence to convict. I think that's what they are waiting for. Hopefully it won't be long.
By now the killer knows that it is only a matter of time before they come for him. Jmo
And whoever is covering for him as well.

But local guys would know who this guy was and LE. He would have been caught long ago if he was local. Wouldnt you agree?
There are so many roads, highways, freeways and satellite towns in the area that the guy could have lived within 100 miles of the area easily and at worst been a truck driver or something just passing through.

What?! I don't know if Fox59 is confused but they are reporting some totally different things than we think we know:

Newly released sketch of Delphi murder suspect was drawn in 2017, source says

ISP said these points are important to keep in mind about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

But local guys would know who this guy was and LE. He would have been caught long ago if he was local. Wouldnt you agree?
Law enforcement clearly doesn’t agree.

Something is telling them that he’s a local, even though logic seems to indicate that he is not.

Someone not recognizing him by now, isn’t enough to deter them from the idea that he is close to home.

He may have benefited from an initial sketch that didn’t look much like him.

Hopefully this one does.

Sometimes I think being local, unless you're really odd acting, actually offers some protection because you are already part of the landscape and people inherently feel safe around familiar faces.

Law enforcement clearly doesn’t agree.

Something is telling them that he’s a local, even though logic seems to indicate that he is not.

Someone not recognizing him by now, isn’t enough to deter them from the idea that he is close to home.

He may have benefited from an initial sketch that didn’t look much like him.

Hopefully this one does.

or maybe lived there once?

What?! I don't know if Fox59 is confused but they are reporting some totally different things than we think we know:

• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

Thanks. Other reporting has just confirmed this as being accurate.

Up until now, I thought they were different interpretations of the same man.

That old sketch no longer applies.

This happened 2 years ago too. This isn't something that happened last month. 2 years is a long time.

I just can’t find the link but Carter did say something to the effect that something had recently prompted them to refocus their investigation. I didn’t get the impression the press release was intended only to rev up interest in a 2 year old case because the last sketch didn’t result in any arrests.

We also don’t know how many suspects LE have had under their watchful eye for the entire past 2 years and it’s highly unlikely they all looked exactly like the earlier sketch because it wasn’t released until 5 months after the murders.

Does anyone remember the quote I’m thinking of?

ETA I can only find this one, referring to a shift in investigative strategy.
“We believe you are hiding in plain sight," an emotional Carter said at a news conference in a plea to the killer. "For more than two years you never thought we would shift to a different investigative strategy, but we have."...”
Delphi murder investigation features new sketch, background on 'heartless' killer of 2 Indiana girls

Last edited:
That reminds me of one suspect that his mother was murdered by his own uncle and she was found covered with leaves.
Maybe this guy felt remorse afterward or the suspect knows the girls? Why try to hide them?
Yeah, I think LE suspects some level of remorse, even if only a little. I think that's why they are appealing to his moral side at the PC. I don't think the religious references mean they think he's clergy, or even that he necessarily goes to church, but maybe they're banking on him being a man a faith?

Whaaaaaat? This goes completely against what LE said at the presser on Monday. This is very strange.

Please do analyze that white thing.
Here is an illustrated hypothesis, he clearly as a button up shirt hanging out from under his jackets and over his pants, I think its part his button up, part his t-shirt and his 2 layered raincoat. possibly part of the lower white ruffle that goes into his chest is the corded string or just the collar to the second layer of the jacket.

Attachments

• ruffles.JPG
    ruffles.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 77
BBM
But why? Why not ask if anyone saw a XYZ vehicle? Someone may remember it if their memory is accurately jogged where they might otherwise not.
I think it is important to note that February 13, 2017 was an important day in Delphi. It changed the entire town. Much like “where were you September 11th?” The people remember where they were and what they were doing that day. So, if anyone was out near the trail at any time that day, they have replayed that trip over and over in their mind. The police don’t want to plant a memory. They want anyone who was out there to think through their day and recall a vehicle. And independent memory make a reliable witness. I don’t think 2 years is too long of time to remember details of such an important day. I can tell you little details down to what I ate and wore on 9/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah