Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that it's unrealistic that the church is the first place they would run.
I'm not sure what snap-chat post you are referring to.
17bf7c705f3323a84b4d7f780c5ed7c7

Isn't this from a snapchat? So would everyone who is friends with them have seen it on snapchat? If the killer turned out to be someone on their snapchat wouldn't that be an abject failure of law enforcement?

Libby recorded images of the first, original, older guy looking-sketch... right??

So, if he is not the POI... Did she just record him "randomly"... Not out of fear?

Wonder when appearance change occurred at time of murders?

Brain cramping here.

Bridge Guy videoed by Libby is still the suspect. He just looks different now.

Yes. 13/14 is a child.

I know what term you're thinking of and just IMO, it's a diversionary tactic from the factual illegality of being attracted to children. I don't believe there is any difference in the effects and symptoms of the sickness.

Jmo it also depends on age of a perp, i.e if 16-17 for example, the term might not apply.

Yes. 13/14 is a child.

I know what term you're thinking of and just IMO, it's a diversionary tactic from the factual illegality of being attracted to children. I don't believe there is any difference in the effects and symptoms of the sickness.

13/14 is pubescent (having gone through puberty) which is why it’s called Hebephilia. Pedophilia refers to an attraction to pre pubescent children.

Libby recorded images of the first, original, older guy looking-sketch... right??

So, if he is not the POI... Did she just record him "randomly"... Not out of fear?

Brain cramping here.
That guy in the photographs - BG - is the POI. That part hasn't changed.

I think she was photgraphying Abby on the bridge and BG was in the background in those shots. I'm not entirely convinced she turned her camera on him at that point. I do think she recorded later (or kept recording) because he gave her the creeps. But the photos of BG that we've seen on the bridge - I personally think they were taken before the girls were scared of him. The camera was on something else (Abby posing on the bridge, perhaps) that LE has cut out so we could focus on him.

Total and complete speculation. Not fact. Just a hunch.

jmo

Jmo if LE believe there were two perps...that should have been released as it conjures up a different set of possibles other than the oddball, lone wolf guy.

I'm sure it would have been said before now but the girls weren't chatting to any one online or even Snapchat thinking they might meet a teenage boy there but then seen this guy coming towards them instead and filmed him.. I think maybe hes not living in the same town because surely someone would have suspected someone close to them acting weirdly?! I'm from Ireland and just been following this case..I really hope LE get the man who did this!!

If sketch of younger PIO was done 2 days after and it was dismissed I would have to surmise the clothing on that PIO did not match BG.
Right! For sure his face and head weren't covered. Perhaps he wasn't even seen on the trail but getting into a vehicle, or discarding clothes.

Wonder when appearance change occurred at time of murders? Or did it?

Brain cramping here.

BG is the suspect...but they say they had his image wrong.

It's a message only the killer will understand.
True, but many people have some very good ideas as to the psychology behind Carter's choice of words.
There is a lot of careful thought and planning that goes into the way the PC is presented. I'm sure the FBI profiler is involved and every word is carefully scripted for a specific reason. Imo

Ok now I am lost. Thought they said there is only ONE man, but to ignore the version of him released two years ago. NOT that they are two men, one a suspect, one not?

They said “the first sketch is not a POI at this time”.

I think that means just to forget it. Whether or not it ever accurately depicted a male who’s not a POI “at this time” because LE have learned his identity, I think we may never know.

Or to have time to "display" them.

:(

I don't know....I'm really re-thinking everything and even going back to some of my original ideas. In the beginning I thought a 20-something perp and also that he took them to a shack or out-building and later brought them to the location where they were found. I'm back at that train of thought....might not be the right train, I know!

jmo

I am rethinking that too. Didn't Logan say that it would be impossible for someone to carry them to the area on his property where they were found? The killer could have walked them back to the area. If he were in an outbuilding nearby he could have been watching and known when there was nobody in the area searching. I have never seen a time of death.

True, but many people have some very good ideas as to the psychology behind Carter's choice of words.
There is a lot of careful thought and planning that goes into the way the PC is presented. I'm sure the FBI profiler is involved and every word is carefully scripted for a specific reason. Imo
Do you think Carter's emotional display was planned too? It has crossed my mind...

13/14 is pubescent (having gone through puberty) which is why it’s called Hebephilia. Pedophilia refers to an attraction to pre pubescent children.

I understand the definitions. When speaking about adults attracted to children under the legal age, I don't differentiate because it is the same sickness. It's just my personal choice to not afford offenders their preferred language because I don't believe in giving them any further legitimacy.

This is not something anyone else has any obligation to follow. Just my own personal belief.

I'm sorry, I'm not meaning to single you out because lots of people are saying the same thing, but I'm trying to understand why folks keep focusing on a religion angle with the PC?

There were just under 1,000 words spoken at the press conference. Only two sentences, about 60 words, really have any potential religious connection, and those sentences were as much if not more so about appealing to conscience and guilt than religion. Plus, the reference to the Shack movie - it's just as likely, if not more likely, that it was just something that struck a cord for Carter when he saw the movie and thought about the case.
That's true, but if he said, "We know you eat vegetables," or "We know you like life on the road," those would only be a few words but they wouldn't be random. Instead, he seemed to indicate they know he has some religious background that would reinforce a conscious in him (or someone who knows him).

Not random or meaningless, imo. But what do I know.

jmo

I'm sorry, I'm not meaning to single you out because lots of people are saying the same thing, but I'm trying to understand why folks keep focusing on a religion angle with the PC?

There were just under 1,000 words spoken at the press conference. Only two sentences, about 60 words, really have any potential religious connection, and those sentences were as much if not more so about appealing to conscience and guilt than religion. Plus, the reference to the Shack movie - it's just as likely, if not more likely, that it was just something that struck a cord for Carter when he saw the movie and thought about the case.
Honestly, it sticks out to me, because however brief it was, he used 2 sentences to make even slightly religious references out out 1000 words. He was speaking to the killer when he said it, which means they suspect the BG would know the reference immediately.

But I am probably wrong. It was just an idea to throw out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper