Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now I am lost. Thought they said there is only ONE man, but to ignore the version of him released two years ago. NOT that they are two men, one a suspect, one not?

That's how I understood it from watching the presser as well. There is one Murderer/Bridge Guy. And he is thought to look more like the second more youthful sketch with no hat and no beard. The first sketch they released is secondary and not as likely to be what BG looks like. There is only one suspect. MOO.

I'm sure there are ways. He may have taped their mouths.

I was thinking that as well, and maybe tied them up so they couldn't run. I also think they probably fought like heck and didn't leave each other trying to save themselves.

I don't know anything about the area, can you hunt there or around there? Makes me question if a gun was actually used considering it would probably be heard all around. Based on the way the investigators have reacted, I think it was a lot more horrific than a gun shot. (Not that a gun wound isn't terrible.)

ETA: If you can hunt/fish in the vicinity, I'd check to see who had recently acquired licenses if it's required in IN.
ALL JMO

I understand the definitions. When speaking about adults attracted to children under the legal age, I don't differentiate because it is the same sickness. It's just my personal choice to not afford offenders their preferred language because I don't believe in giving them any further legitimacy.

This is not something anyone else has any obligation to follow. Just my own personal belief.

Agree. I think sexual deviant pretty much covers it all.

Original sketch vs Recent sketch. ?? Unless they release another sketch!? It's very confusing!

It is confusing! I have to think it out every time.

2/17/2016 Bryant single witness younger suspect sketch -
4/22/2019 Public release

7/1 7/2017 Public released composite sources sketch, older suspect
4/22/2019 - withdrawn

Just to keep them straight for myself.

No, that's not what I am proposing. I knew when I wrote this that they were both done at the same time. The first was an FBI composite sketch and the second from a witness.

That said, both sketches have similar facial characteristics. The only true visual we have of the suspect is BG on video and/or photo. The FBI sketch is likely based on a reconstruction of the photo based on what they could see and the other is from a witness's memory. Neither is absolute.

It's my belief that the sketches are of the same person. The FBI artist thought the man to be older than the witness's account. They all must have thought he was older and thus set aside the witness's sketch. Now they know that not to be the case.
After the presser on about July 17, 2017 when first composite released to public, media inquires were made of LE and were posted in last thread #91. In direct response to inquiry about the suspect drawing, LE provided the sketch was also based on the an eyewitness. This is first I've heard it was based on the video of BG on Libby's phone. Do you have a link for this info to share? If drawing was FBI's account of the phone video photo, that would have been much easier for LE to explain Monday that they wanted to go with the eyewitness sketch, and to disregard the video based drawing. Thanks again for update.

ETA: add post with sheriff statement
IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Last edited:
I am rethinking that too. Didn't Logan say that it would be impossible for someone to carry them to the area on his property where they were found? The killer could have walked them back to the area. If he were in an outbuilding nearby he could have been watching and known when there was nobody in the area searching. I have never seen a time of death.
RL's family thanked ISP for so neatly moving and restacking all the hay in the barn and for tidying up everything when they were finished searching his outbuildings. They can be seen as well with a dog around the Mears barn across 300. ISP thought there was reason to search outbuildings.

Libby recorded images of the first, original, older guy looking-sketch... right??

So, if he is not the POI... Did she just record him "randomly"... Not out of fear?

Wonder when appearance change occurred at time of murders? Or did it?

Brain cramping here.
Bridge Guy is still the suspect. He just looks completely different than we thought.

Not sure I understand. Yes, it was drawn just days after the murders but it is the man on the bridge, per LE. And per LE he is the suspect.

moo

I can explain but I have a dental appt. Til later! Maybe I will ponder more during a cleaning!

I have been thinking a ton about the psychology involved in the PC (which I am siding with the people who think that every word was carefully chosen to speak directly to the killer).

Particularly, what are everyone's thoughts on the mention of "The Shack," I understand it jives with the religious implications, but maybe this was mentioned for an even more direct reason. I am sure this would have already been posted if it were the case, but how many "shack"-type buildings are in Delphi (this can't be a bizarre question, it's a small town, I think it'd be possible to look into).

And, if that's a completely wrong direction to take based on "The Shack" comments in the PC, what are everyone's thoughts on the potential idea that LE knows the perp has read the book. Maybe they've interviewed him & seen it in his house, maybe another witness has indicated their main suspect is obsessed with it, maybe he gave some sort of religious lecture relating to the book at some point.

I just don't think they randomly mentioned "The Shack." There has to be a reason that they thought it'd send a specific message to the perp. Of course this is all IMO. Just wondering what theories are floating out there about the implication of "The Shack" comments during the PC.

To help clarify. Sketch released in 2017 (older/heavier set/hat) was drawn approximately five months after the murder "and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths." More information here: Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect. Sketch released in April, 2019 (younger-looking/no hat/ thinner) was drawn days after the murder by Master Trooper Taylor Bryant and "based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported." More information here: 'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says. The sketch released in 2017 is no longer considered to be a person of interest. We don't know why. The sketch released in April, 2019 is considered to be the suspect and is, according to law enforcement, BG.

RL's family thanked ISP for so neatly moving and restacking all the hay in the barn and for tidying up everything when they were finished searching his outbuildings. They can be seen as well with a dog around the Mears barn across 300. ISP thought there was reason to search outbuildings.

Wow that RL is the king of sarcasm. When he was sentenced for DUI he said "maybe in the future no one will be murdered in my backyard."

We just don't know if they ever had the opportunity to fight back. "Keep your mouths shut and do what I say or I'll shoot you," could be very persuasive to two young girls.

Also, I don’t put much credence in what family members say about what they would have done in a crisis. People don’t know what they themselves would do in a crisis!

It's not "hateful". I'm far more suspicious of any man who works with children for the church than any other profession.

I do know what you mean to a point. Someone with an inappropriate interest in children is likely to try and find ways to be around them in a position of trust, and that is one of the ways to do it.
It doesn't mean that youth ministers are pedophiles, or even that it is particularly likely than any particular minister is. But it does mean that people in those kinds of positions shouldn't be discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz