Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peel
I cannot agree more about the police chief
He was so emotional and anxious that it’s like he’s had the shock of his life with what he has been told and he feels very very betrayed hence why I think there’s a connection to LE

To me his reaction seemed coached. In the sense that one is told to overact to camera. I think it’s an emotional appeal, with religious frosting.

So when LE shows the video clip, they are no longer asking the public to recognize the person but specifically the "mannerisms." And then they are quick to tell us to ignore the most obvious mannerism, what appears to be the gait, because of the wide slats of the railroad bridge. What other mannerisms can be identified in such a short clip? What are they hoping we see that tells us who this is? Maybe the quick spitting (so someone with a dipping habit)? Or is it the turned out feet they want us to focus on?

I have been thinking a ton about the psychology involved in the PC (which I am siding with the people who think that every word was carefully chosen to speak directly to the killer).

Particularly, what are everyone's thoughts on the mention of "The Shack," I understand it jives with the religious implications, but maybe this was mentioned for an even more direct reason. I am sure this would have already been posted if it were the case, but how many "shack"-type buildings are in Delphi (this can't be a bizarre question, it's a small town, I think it'd be possible to look into).

And, if that's a completely wrong direction to take based on "The Shack" comments in the PC, what are everyone's thoughts on the potential idea that LE knows the perp has read the book. Maybe they've interviewed him & seen it in his house, maybe another witness has indicated their main suspect is obsessed with it, maybe he gave some sort of religious lecture relating to the book at some point.

I just don't think they randomly mentioned "The Shack." There has to be a reason that they thought it'd send a specific message to the perp. Of course this is all IMO. Just wondering what theories are floating out there about the implication of "The Shack" comments during the PC.
Yes! I think this reference to the book or movie the killer knows was directed at him. DC says he wants to know what they know, so someone that has been active on their tip line or asking questions. If so, he may lurk here and on FB as well.

That's a very interesting point and theory about someone's alibi possibly not matching. Since the new information was released, JMO, the information about the car parked in the CPS lot is very, very important. I'm also wondering how, if BG arrived in that car, how did he leave the crime scene? Does that explain why LE asked the public for info about a male hitchhiking on a nearby highway? If that was the car the killer used, the parking location shows some premeditation. He was parking some distance away, where other hikers weren't likely to park. He had to walk quite a distance to the bridge area and may have arrived some time before the girls were dropped off. JMO, gives me a hunch he went to the trail that day to troll for young victims and had probably done it before.

He must have been panicked to have abandoned the car. How was this not a big clue? JMO

Bolded and snipped by me.

I am thinking that the "hitchhiker" may be BG after the murders. Perhaps, he had on the blue backpack and was on his way back to the car parked at the abandoned building. Could LE have found the blue backpack, and there was something in there that was just tied to Abby and Libby? They now know that this is their guy. Maybe the "new" sketch was not of a person originally seen at the Monon High Bridge Trail but rather was the hitchhiker that LE previously asked about (that's why he would not have been assumed to be BG and because he looked so different than how he appears in Libby's video). Could someone have seen him get in a car at the abandoned building (hence, the term hitchhiker)?

I cannot shake the notion that LE turned up something monumental. LE doesn't just change the course of investigation without cause. There are only a handful of pieces of evidence that would prompt LE to do this. My gut since the Monday PC has been that new physical evidence unequivocally ties two previously unrelated locations/items/people/etc. together. I do not believe that a new witness, who can be unreliable, prompted this new direction.

And WHY is LE so convinced that he is from Delphi?

Last edited:
So going back to the presser, that was obviously carefully scripted by experts with specific intentions, why do you think he said "how you left them is NOT what they are experiencing today" in an assertive tone? To me that seems like it should be obvious, they are experiencing eternal glory in heaven today, the opposite of the evil state of murder they were left in. So why state the obvious, what was the point of that? Did the perp leave them in such a way that he feels he is the one who "saved them" from evil? That kinda fits the theme of the rest of the presser, timing of Easter weekend (for Christians that weekend is all about being saved), the Shack reference, and points to someone in the religious community or someone who is pretty outward about preaching their faith.
I think Doug Carter's remarks, which at times seemed ad libbed, tell us a lot about his religious faith. But I don't think his remarks tell us much if anything about the suspect.

A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
Hi Elizabeth,I am late replying to your post from earlier in the thread.The I believe some reports may have been confused or had typos regarding the exact date and or year mentioned.
MOO

I just read the transcript of the press conference (posted at beginning of this thread) which stated the car was parked there on February 14 from noon to 5, which was the day after the murders. Did Carter really say that date or is it an error in transcription?

Last edited:
I’ve always had this idea floating around in my head. Something at the beginning made me think there was something more than two dead girls at the crime scene that made it even more disturbing. Something perhaps sexually suggestive. Just my impression though.

The fact that we know nothing about the crime scene or the cause of death leads to wild speculation. I hope that this is not the case. I really, really hope it does not have to do with perceived orientation or otherwise.

17bf7c705f3323a84b4d7f780c5ed7c7

Isn't this from a snapchat? So would everyone who is friends with them have seen it on snapchat? If the killer turned out to be someone on their snapchat wouldn't that be an abject failure of law enforcement?
It could have been sent to only certain friends. Not on their stories. If this person saw that snapchat and went there to kill them, wouldn't he have been smart enough to take their phone?

I have been thinking a ton about the psychology involved in the PC (which I am siding with the people who think that every word was carefully chosen to speak directly to the killer).

Particularly, what are everyone's thoughts on the mention of "The Shack," I understand it jives with the religious implications, but maybe this was mentioned for an even more direct reason. I am sure this would have already been posted if it were the case, but how many "shack"-type buildings are in Delphi (this can't be a bizarre question, it's a small town, I think it'd be possible to look into).

And, if that's a completely wrong direction to take based on "The Shack" comments in the PC, what are everyone's thoughts on the potential idea that LE knows the perp has read the book. Maybe they've interviewed him & seen it in his house, maybe another witness has indicated their main suspect is obsessed with it, maybe he gave some sort of religious lecture relating to the book at some point.

I just don't think they randomly mentioned "The Shack." There has to be a reason that they thought it'd send a specific message to the perp. Of course this is all IMO. Just wondering what theories are floating out there about the implication of "The Shack" comments during the PC.
Well IMO if someone saw a vehicle parked at the abandoned building, it's possible they saw "The Shack" laying on a seat or the console. I'm going to read it now again to see if I can find any clues to it's significance in the PC.

I understand the definitions. When speaking about adults attracted to children under the legal age, I don't differentiate because it is the same sickness. It's just my personal choice to not afford offenders their preferred language because I don't believe in giving them any further legitimacy.

This is not something anyone else has any obligation to follow. Just my own personal belief.
I agree!

Ditto. It could be as simple as the sister telling a friend she was dropping them off, that person tells someone else, just in convo.
I’ve considered they were followed, perhaps? Maybe driving they were talking & giggling, not noticing?
I don't think the girls would have taped BG if he was someone they recognized.

So going back to the presser, that was obviously carefully scripted by experts with specific intentions, why do you think he said "how you left them is NOT what they are experiencing today" in an assertive tone? To me that seems like it should be obvious, they are experiencing eternal glory in heaven today, the opposite of the evil state of murder they were left in. So why state the obvious, what was the point of that? Did the perp leave them in such a way that he feels he is the one who "saved them" from evil? That kinda fits the theme of the rest of the presser, timing of Easter weekend (for Christians that weekend is all about being saved), the Shack reference, and points to someone in the religious community or someone who is pretty outward about preaching their faith.

MOO. He was reminding the suspect there is a heaven for those girls and a hell for him unless he confesses.

So when LE shows the video clip, they are no longer asking the public to recognize the person but specifically the "mannerisms." And then they are quick to tell us to ignore the most obvious mannerism, what appears to be the gait, because of the wide slats of the railroad bridge. What other mannerisms can be identified in such a short clip? What are they hoping we see that tells us who this is? Maybe the quick spitting (so someone with a dipping habit)? Or is it the turned out feet they want us to focus on?

* His obvious comfort walking the bridge is a key characteristic IMO. Most of us would have our hands out for balance.

* The spitting. That might be why they added this frame.

* Hands in pocket on one side, hand on waist at the other or just walking with hands in pocket.

BG is the suspect...but they say they had his image wrong.
I did an overlay of both sketch 1 and 2. There was no physical alteration. Just placed 2 over 1.

And just MOO, if the sketch is indeed accurate : the prominent jaw, the Dermatochalasis (hooding, which is more typical with aging, overweight.) along with clothing, height/weight, should be obvious to friends/family or his optometrist/ophthalmologist or his dentist/his family doctor.

I find it baffling he hasn’t been outed. Again if the hooding is accurate to the sketch, he would have a superior visual field defect. (yes I need to get verified for this statement to be taken as anything but MOO) But I’m willing to just throw it into the mix as opinion...

If I were him, I’d be going in for some Botox to life my brows/lids, or having full on blepharoplasty to alter my appearance.

Attachments

• 4053AA0E-23CF-4D84-8181-91CA0474D494.jpeg
    4053AA0E-23CF-4D84-8181-91CA0474D494.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 83
I just read the transcript of the press conference (posted at beginning of this thread) which stated the car was parked there on February 14 from noon to 5, which was the day after the murders. Did Carter really say that date or is it an error in transcription?
Hi Elizabeth,I am late replying to your post from earlier in the thread. I believe some reports may have been confused or had typos regarding the exact date and or year mentioned.
MOO
Supt Carter said February 14. It was one of the things they later had to correct.
Here's the video. Go to 1:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member