Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two different people. (I'm right there with you about others believing this is how he looks now as opposed to then.)

"On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person."

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

JMO that it’d impossible for sketch #2 to disguise himself to look like sketch #1 unless he was wearing a full-facial silicone mask. And even if he did, sketch #1 is of no further value.

Anyone else having a hard time looking at this new sketch and seeing similarities with BG in the video? I know the quality of the video stills are relatively poor, but still, it’s just hard to see the resemblance, anyone else struggling with this?

Here ya go. Can make his face out better in this one.
edit- yes I'm an idiot I forgot to post the actual link the first time. lol

Last edited:
I think so as that resulted in the confusion of what was abandoned, first the car, later clarification it was the building.
I'm so confused. Was he saying the old abandoned building meaning at the current time or referencing it that way because that's how it's referred to now that it's been demolished.
It's such an important detail!

Agreed. When this case is resolved, all of us are going to be floored at what LE knows and has uncovered in the last two years. Just because the sketch was created in 2017 does not mean it got stuffed in a drawer and forgotten about. And neither did someone try to throw off the case by saying, nah, lets hold on to this one and create a fake one in a few months to trick everyone. No. Didn’t happen. I firmly believe LE is doing absolutely everything in their power to find this guy. Of course there’s always a few rotten apples, but they aren’t on this case.

Yes. To believe that would be to believe that the personnel of the Indiana State Police, the Delphi Police Department, the Carroll County Sheriff, and the FBI who are investigating this case are all incompetent and decided to withhold information crucial to keeping children in the community safe.

I also don't believe the earth is flat.

Also do we know if A&L went to church, if so which one or a youth camp? Anything related to religion?
I'm probably way behind!!

that's one distinct possibility that crossed my mind. that is, a witness, who just so happens to resemble the new sketch, provided the details that were the source of the old sketch, which investigators have overtime have developed as a false lead.

per the details of the press conference, the person is known to be a sometime local, and as a material providing witness would be someone invested in the case and therefore, likely to be monitoring and/or information about the case.
There could be another reason LEO said BG had led them in the wrong direction. Items were recovered from Bicycle Bridge Rd (in the grass, not the home, IIRC). Maybe LEO originally thought BG dumped whatever was found on the way out of town, and that's why they're weren't looking for someone with close ties to Delphi. It could be that the items that have been found were dumped to make it look like someone did it on the way out and to throw off the investigation.

Oh my what a horrible feature for predators to have access to.
I know!! I was telling my work colleagues about it as some have children who use Snapchat..i was shocked that you could see peoples "private snaps" when your not their friends and I thought who has seen mine! So it was deleted soon after!

February 13th was a Monday, I'm wondering why they weren't in school ?
"...At 1:45 p.m. on February 13, 2017 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German were dropped off by Libby's older sister Kelsi at a trailhead on County Road 300 North, west of the Hoosier Heartland Highway....." 1.
1. Link to Wikipedia

Jmo there is no way LE knows who BG is. No way they would simply wait and hope someone connected them dots for them. They are starting over. Jmo
I agree. Other than introducing the sketch, which, for whatever reason, they had discounted before, LE didn't add much new info. A vehicle but no description; an extra word on the audio; a second or two of video. Maybe BG's from Delphi, maybe not. "We're just getting started" = back to square one.

I get a weird vibe that the killer has an aversion to girls turning into women - that early teen stage either disgusts him or something like that. This it NOT based on anything other than my own thoughts about the crime and the victims.

jmo
Or maybe he chose them because he knew they would first be suspected runaways and that would buy him some time.

That is chilling.

February 13th was a Monday, I'm wondering why they weren't in school ?
"...At 1:45 p.m. on February 13, 2017 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German were dropped off by Libby's older sister Kelsi at a trailhead on County Road 300 North, west of the Hoosier Heartland Highway....." 1.
1. Link to Wikipedia

Schools were closed that day for what I believe was an unused snow day.

Excellent points. Sometimes I also wonder if LE asking the general public for tips and leads to assist them in identifying a suspect is misconstrued to some type of crowd-sourcing exercise where they’re requesting direction about how to conduct the entire investigation.

In this case the task force has altered their focus and acknowledged the investigation has changed directions.....which is far better than endlessly pursuing somebody represented by sketch #1 when they have reason to put it behind them.

BBM.

Lol.

I don't know if these things need saying, but I'm saying them just in case.

I can't view the article. Does it specifically say the FBI created the first sketch? And that it was not from a witness?
The first sketch we were given was said to have been made from information from witnesses, but the latest ne we were given was said to have been made from the information of a witness; at least, that was my understanding.

Yea in a few pics I outlined the pixels that are the brim, these pixels are not the background they are part of him/his clothing. If the FBI took time they can clearly see the difference the in the pixels. You can also clearly see the indentation where the hat isn't touching his head on the top front part of his head.
You do have to be careful when "enhancing" pictures; using different techniques will give you different results, and they don't always look anything alike. I believe that's part of the reason why we were given the images thread, people did their versions and then everybody would argue about which one was right/accurate. Those I did showed a younger man, at times looking like he was wearing glasses, looking toward the camera rather than at his feet, and not always wearing a hat. I never saw a gun, sometimes saw a hat, usually saw some facial hair, but never really got a clear look at his face.

MOO

WTH is on the hat? On the front angle of it?

After looking at this enhancement, I wondered if it was a hood of a shirt. Looks like the front tails of a shirt/flannel are sticking out of the bottom hem of the overcoat. We've all thought hat up until now, especially with the image distributed, but I'm doubting everything I thought I saw/knew/understood about this case.

Thank you for the enhancement @RedBeard !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny