Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My consolidated theory and link to my video/audio enhancements (link to my latest one, can access my channel by watching it via your browser)

The killer was telling the girls that he needed their help down the hill in order
to throw off their threat detection, he wanted to appear vulnerable. " Guys I need your help, my wife is hurt down the hill, my dog is hurt down the hill, my truck needs a push start down the hill, I will give you $50 each"
he threw one of the girls off the a the lower, descending part of the bridge in order
to order to gain control of the other while the she was shocked; most likely in a moment of opportunity.
His hat is a hunting/winter cap with ear flaps or a real tree regular baseball cap. He is wearing carpenter pants, a double layered jacket (one that you can unbutton the second layer). He might have a tapered a mustache, he has Caucasian features and possibly uses chewing tobacco.
He is clean, he might have been on his lunch break, working close by and living in one of the smaller towns of the area. He lives in such a setting and lives his life in such a manner that either his peers are miscreants and don't talk to the police, or he is liked and level headed enough to not throw up any flags. The phone was possibly found in the water and what audio there is was recovered using the FBI or State lab. The Drawings are my own, not LE! I updated my drawings a bit to include the cord on the jacket, layered shirts etc. Feel free to point out my errors, debate me on anything; just keep the ball rolling!

Your videos, still photos and sketches are amazing. Thank you.

I'm not convinced he even realized Libby was videoing him or recording his voice. I'm thinking he would've grabbed the cellphone from her or at least taken it with him after the crime if that was the case.

OK, all thoughts and theory. Going by memory, not fact, Abby didn't have a cell phone and Libby's was said to be broken. That day Libby didn't have her regular phone. Wonder if she had told people her cell was not working. As in simple passing conversation. Perp may have been stalking and was thinking they had no phone, or my first guess is she threw her cell in the water and perp couldn't find it.

I'm reaching, badly want this person found, two girls are not with their families today because of him. How dare him!

I haven’t checked but the school has social media i.e a Facebook page and a website I am sure the fact it was closed that day would have been announced. He could even have just been near the school at start time and he saw nobody nor any school buses so he would know then it was closed.

I remember the school calendar was online and IF irc, there was a billboard in front of the school announcing it was closed Friday and Monday.

OK, all thoughts and theory. Going by memory, not fact, Abby didn't have a cell phone and Libby's was said to be broken. That day Libby didn't have her regular phone. Wonder if she had told people her cell was not working. As in simple passing conversation. Perp may have been stalking and was thinking they had no phone, or my first guess is she threw her cell in the water and perp couldn't find it.

I'm reaching, badly want this person found, two girls are not with their families today because of him. How dare him!

Excellent point. IF this was planned ahead, IF the BG knew them he may have assumed they didn't have phones on them.

I don't think he's overdressed, either. Plus, it can get kind of windy up there.
After reading all the posts from folks who say bridges and heights make them nervous, they would never walk across, etc., I would have to agree - you couldn't pay me to walk across that bridge - crawl on my hands and knees? yes, but walk, with no railing? no way!

Your post here about the wind just further hit home with me - everytime I see that pic of Abby on the bridge, I cringe because it looks like a bug puff of wind would just blow her right off, she was so little!

Last edited:
Did the girls actually use the word “man” or is the article just saying the girls were talking about a man? I’m not reading it as the girls actually used that word. They could have but I don’t see this as being proof that they did. This says they mention a man behind them. They could of said “the guy behind us” or “he’s behind us” and it could still be referred to by LE as “they mentioned a man”. Ykwim?

IIRC there was a quote by the girls, cited by LE, about the “creepy man” or “creepy guy” they saw (again IIRC they said he was behind them).

Last edited:
My first official post of a theory. Not of what happened to the girls, but the actual investigation.

1. LE has DNA, but does not divulge, or even unequivocally confirm this. By doing this, they are hoping that the Killer will be sloppy and they will be able to collect. The killer knowing that a great match to DNA is in their investigation, they will be more likely a little bit extra careful.
2. LE has finally received the results from both Parabon, and familial DNA. They have a Parabon sketch, but will not release it. Why? This would also tip their hand on having this info. Once they receive the Parabon details, they realize who it is, and also realize they had a sketch from early on of the person sighted there(which they had initially discounted). They now know which family (maybe even specific to the person), but are requesting further tips to see this case through court. Furthermore, the PC was meant to presumably say to the killer: "We know who you are, you now know we know, just give in before we arrest you". This would completely avoid a trial and risk any chance of case not sticking.
Just MO.

While I don’t know if I agree with this theory, it is by the far the best I have seen in terms of explaining why they actually might be on to something. I like it a lot and just wanted to repost

I think this is absolutely true - I moved from a huge metropolis to a tiny town in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan - the kids here are shockingly trusting. It's refreshing and I hope nothing ever happens to spoil that innocence.

I raised my daughter in a town so small they all knew to turn the park lights on at night for safety. And "please turn them off when you leave". Lol.

Uhhh ok. Thanks for that explanation :(

I guess I didn’t know taking pictures of Walmart people was a thing.

I hike trails and take pictures of birds, wildlife, and sunsets. I guess I am out of touch :D:D:D

Google it if you want a laugh or two at others' expense.

If you are confused about the sketches, WATCH THIS. PLEASE... This is about THIS case, just recorded.

Excellent reminder about the challenges of sketches in criminal cases. Any part of the sketch could be off. In the newest sketch, I have always sensed that the hair could be off. What stands out the most is the chin.

In addition, I feel that the main point stressed by the person who saw the suspect was that he looked "young".

I've read a report by another WSer that the girls mentioned being followed by a man in part of the audio that was not released to the public, but was played for the family.

Can someone please confirm? I don't want to spread unfounded information- if I'm incorrect, please let me know and I'll delete! TY

You've definitely read that.

If the girls specifically mentioned the word “man” on the audio it gets me thinking BG must have been on the older side. Would two girls refer to a 20ish guy as a man? Maybe. Just thinking
I can’t speak for anyone else but when I was that age I’d call anyone older than about 20 a man..... 30 -an OLD man lol

I find it hard to imagine that in a small town, anyone and everyone who could even possibly be considered by anyone to be a weirdo, oddball, violent, loner, etc had not been reported over the past two years. So who is left? Some completely normal, respected man? Some twentyish guy with a regular job, who minds his business and keeps off the radar?

I don’t think it is true that someone else knows, either. Killing children is not a bragging kind of crime. Also, suspecting someone close to you of killing children, who is not on police radar already, seems unlikely. All jmo. Just saying I think LE is basing “local” assumption mostly on the fact of “knowing” the bridge at all.
That part of Indiana seems to have a lot of gangs, motorcycle clubs is what I am thinking of. Some members are redneck-looking thugs but many are everyday guys. Loyalty is the glue that holds a gang together, most highly regarded quality. As people get more invested in a gang they may have little contact with those outside that group. I'm not saying the Cloven Hoofs or any one of those groups would cover for a child murderer or burgeoning SK, but it could be that is this person's "family" and most of the members do not know its him and wouldn't turn in a tip on a member who resembles the sketch anyway.
Some of what we can see of him that could cross over with MC, the dad jeans, the fanny pack. If that idea is at all valid I am sure the local LE for all the jurisdictions surrounding Delphi know who most of the local gang members are.

Is it possible that no one is covering for BG? I know a handful of people who have lost their parents and have no close friends, no spouse, no significant other, not even a roommate... I don't necessarily mean they are loners either. They are active in the community but have no one they are close with. My point is, if no one is specifically covering for them, all of the tips in the world about how the sketch looks like so-and-so aren't going to help.
I’ve often thought about this. I’ve also thought about the possibility of there having been no witnesses (despite them thinking they might have them).

I find it hard to imagine that in a small town, anyone and everyone who could even possibly be considered by anyone to be a weirdo, oddball, violent, loner, etc had not been reported over the past two years. So who is left? Some completely normal, respected man? Some twentyish guy with a regular job, who minds his business and keeps off the radar?

I don’t think it is true that someone else knows, either. Killing children is not a bragging kind of crime. Also, suspecting someone close to you of killing children, who is not on police radar already, seems unlikely. All jmo. Just saying I think LE is basing “local” assumption mostly on the fact of “knowing” the bridge at all.

This is the problem I think - just a person named, a tip on somebody even if he vaguely resembles the photo or sketch, that’s not enough for LE to proceed with search warrants or go down other legal investigative avenues including tracking or recording, whether the guy is a weirdo or a respected man within the town. They need some type of evidence, something about him that has caused suspicion to his potential involvement in the murders from that tipster in order to prove they have “just cause” to dig any further.

Otherwise at best, LE can ask him a few questions and no surprise, he’s not going to admit his involvement and the hands of police are tied.

ETA: Just think of the opposite scenario - anyone of us who’s phots is on the internet or just around town and somebody thinks we look similar to a police sketch and calls in a tip. Police put 24/7 surveillance on us, watch our home, listen in to our phonecalls and observe our internet activity trying to find some evidence of guilt even though they didn’t have one shred of evidence we committed murder? We’d be outraged! That might happen in some third world country but not in USA, (or Canada). Police need reasonable grounds to proceed to investigate a POI, more than just a name.

It’s really no different than if something valuable was missing from one’s home. When we report it we’d also tell LE who might have have stolen it and why we suspect that person. That’s the sort of information LE needs here too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member