Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray Hughes covers the specific angle in one of his videos on YouTube. We aren’t allowed to link it,but I think it’s okay to refer others to it. He matched up angles and landmarks and concluded Libby was off the bridge by a few feet and took the pic angled, and BG was about 50-60 feet away on bridge. It’s called Libby And Abbie Crime Flow. It cleared up so much for me in terms of who was where.

Linking Gray's videos should be fine. As a matter of fact, some are linked by Tricia in the first post. moo

SBM

I agree that there might not be anyone who "knows." There might be someone, however, who remembers something about that day and it's been bothering them. Like the day their husband came home with wet britches. Or how their brother, who used to never be interested in true crime, is suddenly glued to the news. Unfortunately, the person may not even realize that they know something.
There was a letter from BP to the killer and whoever is covering for him on her FB, it was written as though the person who has not turned him in knows and just won't do it out of fear, shame, etc. I hope they realize the longer they go the worse it will be for themselves. He will be caught and punished. His future here on earth was already determined by what he did 2 years ago. They still have a chance at a life, but the window is closing. I think the people of Carroll Co could be sympathetic and surround that person and their family with love and support, to a point. But now that the sketch is clear, the face has been made public, they have a limited amount of time to act. I hope they are lurkers here and reading this. Its not too late to act.

It’s probably true that they found the phone, but technically, it’s the reporter Alexis McAdams that’s telling us, not Sgt. Holeman. We don’t know how good McAdams’ memory is, or how sharp on the fine details—phone? Phone cloud? What’s the difference?

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

From article:
"Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene."

There are another time in an interview that he confirms finding the phone. It's always possible the reporter is misreporting or police lying about the phone. Police can and do misdirect for their own reasons. I just don't think so.

MOO I like to think Libby hurled her phone to an inaccessible place like river or brush as an act of defiance before her death.

After studying the pic of BG for QUITE some time last night (and after being predictably freaked out by doing it so late), I made a couple of observations.

First, I think the pic needs to be stretched lengthwise to get a truer image (something about the angle or image itself is making him look squatter than he is). Also, as many others have said, he is unusually layered up with clothing and it's making him look bulkier. When you look at the sleeve of his right arm, the sleeve has significant extra material. It kind of looks like if I wear my boyfriend's oversized jacket and have to push up the sleeve a lot.

Also, I looked at the image using many different Instagram filters. The X-Pro II filter really highlighted the object in his right pocket. I agree with the posters who said it looks like a gun. I was skeptical at first, but look at the image using this particular filter and you will clearly see what I mean.

What's on top of his head is debatable. Some see a hat (as I did at first). Others swear this is not a hat and now I'm starting to agree that this is another attempt by him to disguise himself. I think it's a very, very bad hairpiece or wig. And this gives me the feeling that it's this that caused Libby to take his picture. I know a lot of kids will take people's pics in public not because they are afraid (which of course, could still have been the case here), BUT she may have been taking his picture because he looked just plain WEIRD.

Then, I isolated looking at the right side of his face and then just the left side of his face. Folks, don't do this late at night if you want to have a good night's sleep!

Thank you to everyone for this thoughtful and intelligent discussion. I hope there is a resolution and justice will come soon.

All of the above is JMHO.
I sooo agree with everything you said, particularly not to do this late at night, as I had a jittery night sleep myself! :(

Gray Hughes covers the specific angle in one of his videos on YouTube. We aren’t allowed to link it,but I think it’s okay to refer others to it. He matched up angles and landmarks and concluded Libby was off the bridge by a few feet and took the pic angled, and BG was about 50-60 feet away on bridge. It’s called Libby And Abbie Crime Flow. It cleared up so much for me in terms of who was where.
And there is a new one that answers the question about the black smudge that appears and disappears in the new video and shows where he approximates how near BG was to Abby.

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

From article:
"Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene."

There are another time in an interview that he confirms finding the phone. It's always possible the reporter is misreporting or police lying about the phone. Police can and do misdirect for their own reasons. I just don't think so.

MOO I like to think Libby hurled her phone to an inaccessible place like river or brush as an act of defiance before her death.

In the helicopter video of the search of the creek, it appears to me one of the searchers picks up what could be her phone. Can't really tell but I remember it looked about the right size. moo

IIRC there was a quote by the girls, cited by LE, about the “creepy man” or “creepy guy” they saw (again IIRC they said he was behind them).

Becky referred to BG as being "creepy" in the Facebook Q & A interview she hosted with Tara German long ago. This is the pertinent excerpt from the transcript:

Question: "Did Libby text Mike [Patty]?"

Becky: "Libby did not text Mike - I searched phone records to confirm this - Mike does not use Messenger or messages on Facebook. She was heard on the audio she turned on as BG was spotted coming towards them. They were talking about that creepy guy they'd seen earlier."

Last edited:
Just my thoughts for the day and they are subject to change always. Thank the lord LE is willing to admit we were not on the correct path but we are fired up on a 90 degree new path. I could see how the family would be angry or upset and I hope they get answers from this new direction.

I think BG (in my mind he is Bad Guy not bridge guy) was seen very early after the ambush and murders by a witness. He was not dressed like BG in video. That shows me that he had extra clothes on in the video which he removed after the murders and put in a "backpack" along with other things. I think this witness saw him before any alarms were put out that the girls were not there at the pick-up point. LE more than likely were looking for someone like that sketch but did not have enough info to release it as a POI. I am not sure they ever completely dismissed that sketch but for some reason when they had a new witness provide a sketch they released the second sketch instead. What info did that person provide?

I agree with you.
Whatever witness or evidence has come to the police recently is enough information for them to say that the man in the sketch is the man on the bridge is the man that killed the Abby and Libby.
Finally a break.

I’m generally a lurker but I had a couple thoughts and I’m also way behind so excuse me if this has been covered over and over...I really don’t think they were filming him at all, I think she was filming her friend and he happened to be in the background. The clip seems really zoomed in so BG was probably pretty far back and just happened to be in part of the clip, this would also explain why there is only a couple seconds of grainy footage of him. I believe whatever happened to them happened after they got off the bridge. I picture either “guys” shows weapon and motions “down the hill” or “guys” points at something interesting “down the hill”. Just my thoughts, and now I’m going to go and try to catch up, again.

My newest photo enhancements:

Have you tried simply increasing the pixilation without zooming in or enhancing any other aspect of the photo/video? Also try a 180 degree rotation on the still photo. This gives one's brain a different view of the shadows & perception of the original colors. BTW, thanks for your work on these.

Much has been made of her bravery, but yes, the word “smart” comes to mind just as strongly. Now imagine if Libby had emergency alerts set up on her phone and could have set it off while it was in her pocket the moment she realized this wasn’t just creepy, but extremely dangerous. If she had, she could have clicked the power button 3 times and had SOS texts with audio, video, and map location sent out immediately to multiple people. The perp would not have even known, as it does it silently.

By the way, anyone who has this set up should have a code or safe word in place with those contacts. I accidentally set mine off last week and two of my three SOS contacts immediately tried to reach me. When I texted one back saying it was an accident, he was smart enough to ask me a trick question that would tell him if it was me and not someone else who had grabbed my phone. I then set up code questions/words with the others that only we would know the answers to.

Can you describe this a bit more? Is it an app? I'd like to set that up.

I think it's possible that BG got someone to alibi him by claiming he was doing something else at the time that he didn't want known. Like, "Man I was out with this girl and if my wife/girlfriend finds out she'll dump me. It was just that one time and I've never seen her again". Or, "I was out buying some pot and I'll lose my job if this gets out. I can't lose this position I worked so hard to get over a little pot".

Becky Patty referred to BG as being "creepy" in the Facebook Q & A interview she hosted with Tara German long ago. This is the pertinent excerpt from the transcript:

Question: "Did Libby text Mike [Patty]?"

Becky: "Libby did not text Mike - I searched phone records to confirm this - Mike does not use Messenger or messages on Facebook. She was heard on the audio she turned on as BG was spotted coming towards them. They were talking about that creepy guy they'd seen earlier."
In follow up to my recent post re: source for "creepy" --

Well, then maybe Grey Hughed picked up the adjective from Patty's comment.

The momentum from the press conference is still going strong.

Let's hope the investigation team gets the tip/information that ties whatever evidence they have together.

I still believe it's a short matter of time before an arrest.

I just listened to the podcast where Kelsi talks. Have we ever seen/has A photo of Libby been released fro my hat day? Libby would be leaning down on the Highbridge? Kelsi, Libby’s sister, referenced that she “showed the police the Snapchat from her phone of the photo of Abby at the end of the bridge at 2:07 PM and a photo of Libby leaning down of Highbridge “

I've not listened to the podcast but there are only 2 known photos uploaded to snapchat around 2:00p -- Libby on the bridge looking down, and length of bridge photo.

I believe looking down is being confused with leaning down.

MOO

I dont know. We have two completely different sketches and a between 18 and 40 description. I feel they are completely lost and have no idea where to turn other than the media in hope somebody remembers something from 2 years ago.

They determined the second sketch was the perp after "thousands and thousands of hours" of investigative work involving multiple agencies.

Doesn't sound lost to me.

First time poster from Canada. Thought i would direct you folks to a fantastic podcast i just listened to that was released 6 hours ago. The podcast is called Best Case, Worst Case. It is hosted by 3 former FBI agents and a former District Attorney. Fantastic insight on why certain items are released to public, etc...

Do you have a link?

ETA: And WELCOME
TO WEBSLEUTHS!!!!!!!

His reputation doesn't make his speculations any more or less viable then all the others who attempt to profit from the sensationalising tragedy.

Whether or not there is any profit generated elsewhere, and regardless of any of our opinions on that, there is no profit being made from his activities, posting, and contributions to our discussions here on WS, is there? Not sure it's relevant. Seems more productive to either be grateful for his posts, to report if you feel they violate TOS in any way, or to scroll & roll. Fellow WSer-bashing seems counterproductive and distracting, no?

JMHO. Moo moo moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member