Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are over 90 threads here and I can't possibly keep up. Will someone please help refresh my memory? TIA
1) Had the girls gone to this park alone before?
2) Did they ask to go to the park that day?
3) Was there a specific reason they went to the park?
4) Was there a specific time they wanted to be at the park?
5) Who knew they were going to be at the park?
6) Did either of the girls have any sort of social media account?
7) Did they text or call anyone or post anything that day to let friends know where they were going to be?

Yes, this would remind me of someone like “The General”:

Russell Williams (criminal) - Wikipedia

He had hundreds of women’s undergarments stored in his attic, iirc.

col-williams-court-exhibit2-101810.jpg

As for escalation:
“Morrison said Williams's repeated sexually obsessive behaviour dates back to 2007 and 2008 — long before he escalated to actual sexual assaults on women — or the eventual murders of Comeau and Lloyd. In some of the photos, Williams is in a girl's lingerie, wearing parts of what the Crown said appears to be his Canadian military uniform.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/col-russell-williams-pleads-guilty-to-all-88-charges-1.872289

YES! Exactly at the type of crime, they may have even laughed off as childish prank in the '70s but it can be a sign of a far more disturbed individual. If a teen swipes panties it's a harmless prank or is it? This suspect if indeed local probably;y has a series off odd habits, perhaps no one is aware or suspects or everyone thinks is a creep and avoids.
His parents may be popular or prominent so it protects his identity of from getting caught.

There are over 90 threads here and I can't possibly keep up. Will someone please help refresh my memory? TIA
7) Did they text or call anyone or post anything that day to let friends know where they were going to be?

Was this a common teen hangout?
Was it safe?
Who dropped them off?

I had always seen the earlier images as BG being an older man wearing a hat or hood, but in viewing the video and looking again to see him as a younger man, I've realized that it may really be hair we are seeing on his head and the hood is off and bunched up behind his head/neck. In this screen capture, the hair is clearest. The dimple toward the back of the head is his part and the hair comes forward in front with perhaps a part in the "bangs" visible on his right side (left side of face in image). Viewed as hair, he looks like a much younger man.

View attachment 181375

No matter how I look at it I can only see a hat. On the top of BG’s head more towards the back there’s a spot where the hat indents or dimples. Hair doesn’t part like that. And the darker coloring towards the front looks like the bill of a hat.
jmo

To the best of my memory most of those questions are a yes.
They were dropped off around one, they wanted to take pictures, they communicated with friends using Snapchat, posted some pictures, and family members knew they were there.
I'm not sure about texting or telling friends before they left that they were going, but I seem to remember that there was another friend who wanted to go but could not get permission. Imo

Some say it's intentional to cover up other sounds in the recording.

Yes. Why couldn’t they have just skipped that?

What is that awful background noise? Interesting they chose not to edit it out in this release. Is that significant?

Precisely my question.

Seems that they could have erased this part. It is unsettling.

Why didn’t they? I don’t get it.

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I’ve been following this case fairly closely since the murders took place, but never felt like I had anything worthwhile to add. However, witnessing the emotion shown by Carter at the last presser, I can’t shake the feeling that 1) LE now knows exactly who the suspect is and 2) it is someone well known to the community and potentially linked to the case in some way.
Watching HLN the day following the presser, the reporter stated that everyone entering the press room were required to sign in, and were asked several times if they had done so. She also said that had never happened prior to that day. The reporter said that LE were posted at every exit to the room, and IMO, I’m thinking this was possibly to watch for any strange behavior from those sitting in the room/in case of an outburst. She made it seem like the LE posted at the doors was out of the norm for other press conferences.
Obviously this is just my very amateur theory.

Yes, this would remind me of someone like “The General”:

Russell Williams (criminal) - Wikipedia

He had hundreds of women’s undergarments stored in his attic, iirc.

col-williams-court-exhibit2-101810.jpg

As for escalation:
“Morrison said Williams's repeated sexually obsessive behaviour dates back to 2007 and 2008 — long before he escalated to actual sexual assaults on women — or the eventual murders of Comeau and Lloyd. In some of the photos, Williams is in a girl's lingerie, wearing parts of what the Crown said appears to be his Canadian military uniform.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/col-russell-williams-pleads-guilty-to-all-88-charges-1.872289

This case is a prime example of someone who was "hiding in plain sight". Thank you for posting, Margarita.

1) It was stated earlier that Libby had been to this park/bridge with her sister. We do not know if Abby had been to the park or the bridge before this day.

2) Abby spent the previous night at Libby's house. Libby had permission to go, but Abby's mom had not been consulted.

3) The reason given was that Libby wanted to shoot some photos.

4) Unknown if they wanted to be there at a specific time. Libby's sister dropped them off around 1:15-1:30 and Libby's GF was to pick them up at 3:15-3:30. (times are roughly given as the details escape me).

5) Libby's sister, GM, GF - although I am not sure GF knew ahead of time, but he knew to g pick them up. There was a 3rd girl that was invited but was not there - I don't think she could get permission to go. So, she knew as did someone in her family.

6) Libby had KiK. They may have had fb, but someone else can verify this.

7) Unknown, although the photo of Abby on the bridge was published on Snapchat by Libby. I have no idea how that works.

Was this a common teen hangout?
Was it safe?
Who dropped them off?
I think Libby's sister dropped them off and it was a safe place where many kids often went as well as adults to walk the trail, take pictures, or just enjoy the scenery as far as I know.
I don't know how they view it now, though, but I'm sure people have been more careful since the murder. I think I read part of the bridge is closed off, maybe for repairs, now. Not sure. Jmo

Last edited:
1) It was stated earlier that Libby had been to this park/bridge with her sister. We do not know if Abby had been to the park or the bridge before this day.

2) Abby spent the previous night at Libby's house. Libby had permission to go, but Abby's mom had not been consulted.

3) The reason given was that Libby wanted to shoot some photos.

4) Unknown if they wanted to be there at a specific time. Libby's sister dropped them off around 1:15-1:30 and Libby's GF was to pick them up at 3:15-3:30. (times are roughly given as the details escape me).

5) Libby's sister, GM, GF - although I am not sure GF knew ahead of time, but he knew to g pick them up. There was a 3rd girl that was invited but was not there - I don't think she could get permission to go. So, she knew as did someone in her family.

6) Libby had KiK. They may have had fb, but someone else can verify this.

7) Unknown, although the photo of Abby on the bridge was published on Snapchat by Libby. I have no idea how that works.

So Libby's older sister and family members and possible friends of the family (teens) might have known the older sister dropped them off in advance.
It could be a family friend "hiding in plain sight" searching, consoling family members someone everyone loves and trusts dearly. :(

Here’s a thought, talking about peeping Toms, we know that the “flashers” were originally ruled out it seems.

Now that LE has said perhaps BG has already been interviewed, perhaps a look at the flashers against the new sketch may be in order.

I won’t do a side by side so as to not violate TOS; here’s the msm on the flashers:

Police seek alleged Monon Trail flasher

Monon jogger may have flashed several women

Second report of indecent exposure investigated on Monon Trail
Feb 13, 2017

Note the date of the article.
It looks nothing like the sketch I don't think?

So are we supposed to put everything into this sketch? What if this one is not correct either? I’m not sure I even trust this new sketch.

ETA: I thought there were two flashers iirc, still looking for the other guy.

Last edited:
Yes. Why couldn’t they have just skipped that?

Precisely my question.

Why didn’t they? I don’t get it.
Maybe it overlaps with what BG is saying or would interfere with it somehow? I really don't know.
Maybe its just sounds of the phone being moved quickly or being in a pocket or something.

The best way to find answers to basics is to go to page 1 of any thread. It’s all there, or links to dedicated threads. :)

Here’s a thought, we know that the “flashers” were ruled out.

Now that LE has said perhaps BG has already been interviewed, perhaps a look at the flashers against the new sketch may be in order.

I won’t do a side by side so as to not violate TOS; here’s the msm on the flashers:
(Looking for Link)
Delete, misread post.

A couple of questions about LE requiring people attending Monday’s press conference to sign in and leave their phone numbers. This was supposedly a ploy to check if the killer was there and is done often.

1)Could it be LE has some type of handwriting sample from the killer and was hoping to get something to compare it to? Perhaps an odd way of writing a particular letter or number?
2)Did they also require LE officers and reporters to sign in? There has been talk that the killer might be one of those professions. I kind of doubt they did which could mean LE knows the killer is not one of them.
3) If LE knows who the killer is, they will know if he was there, so what would be the point of having people sign in?
4) If they don’t know who he is, how is looking at a name on a piece of paper going to help with that?
5) I’m sure LE photographed or videoed the crowd. How do they match up the faces with the names on the sign in list?
6) If LE doesn’t know who the killer is, how is this list helpful? Do they start investigations on everybody there?

Not trying to be a pain here, but these questions have been rattling around in my empty brain all week.

At the very least, LE needs to be keeping records. I think a sign in sheet is pretty common. I think they may want to cross reference the phone number to see if anyone lied or maybe if any of the numbers was pinging around the bridge that day. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces