Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to [B][COLOR=#8000ff]@gregjrichards[/COLOR][/B] for the heads-up that HLN will air live panel of experts on the Delphi Murders at 2pm today !

HLN‏Verified account @HLNTV 2h2 hours ago
Today (Monday, April 29) at 2pET/11aPT HLN presents a special hour of #TrueCrimeLive focused entirely on the #DelphiMurders. Join our panel of experts who will answer some your biggest questions about the case. If you have any information: http://AbbyandLibby.org/contact

D5UM3YTW0AAX2Ol.jpg
Can some nice person give a recap of this afterwards for those of us who don't have HLN? :D

Lovely to see you here Joolz. I just scan the previous few pages when waking up, moves very fast.

I try and go back to the last post I read and then catch up but sometimes it just moves way too fast.

Been watching for a long time but don't post on here too often (mainly because everything I want to say has generally been said before and I am conscious of taking the thread backwards).

So much more fast paced than our little UK threads.

...and at 1:36 onwards is a friend of the girls who mentions talking to them and them mentioning a strange guy they said hi to on the trail... I know that she says that they said he was dressed in black but wondering if this has ever been discussed and if they ever found that particular guy.
I don't think that possible siting ever panned out.

There were some concerns expressed that the siting may of been based on an amalgamation of pre-teen "remember when this sort of happened..." type memories and thus be too fragmented to use.

2. With the religion angle: I know of at least one person who was raised in a religious family and (being an atheist and angry at religion/God) would become angry if it was brought up or mentioned in any way and would feel the need to argue and defend their position and how God/religion etc has nothing at all to do with so and so... Wondering if maybe that is the case with his person and the law enforcement are trying to bring it out in that person?
Though it is possible, I don't think such exacting knowledge coincides with what the police have released about the murderer or his motives.

For example, such exacting knowledge about religious hostility would probably be matched by say: Police are interested in learning the identity of an individual seen in the area in the past. Person would become argumentative if he saw religious emblems or scripture quotes on cars.

Last edited:
if the vehicle was registered to some one else, for whatever reason, this could all be a bit more complicated

Yes, like perhaps stolen or borrowed for the afternoon or simply registered to more than one owner (husband/wife; father/son etc...) or registered as a company vehicle.

I think it is very relevant that when Carter 'got down to business' with the presser (after thanking the community for their support) the first thing he said was: 'we are seeking the identity of the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS building...'. This is the key piece of evidence they need, IMO, to nail their suspect. LE knows the make/model and maybe even the plate # of the vehicle that was there, they just don't know or can't prove who was driving it without a witness.

Here is a map (Google Earth 4/17), that shows some possible visuals anyone could have had, if parked at the CPS/DHS building (now demolished) and walked towards the N/W Trailhead/ Freedom Bridge. Not saying it may have been relevant, but it could be one more piece of showing how well planned the attack really was IMO.

Delphi-BG-Trail-Access-and-Visuals-CPS-DHS.png

BG in my view was/is all about being prepared for any (good) opportunity that day to attack. I do not think the girls were specifically targeted and I have to wonder, if BG would have possibly attacked them earlier - or somebody else-, if they had chosen to rather take the Nature preserve trail down towards the creek than the 501 (step) trail to the High Bridge. Of course we do not know, if the girls did go down there first or not, still wondering, if BG was aiming for anyone passing the High Bridge instead.

It is interesting to study any strategic points on the trail itself, 2-3 curves perhaps, points where one can see who is behind or in front of you. There are not many and the time of the year offered a good additional view past and through the leafless trees and shrubs.

This is an experienced offender IMO. He may have been out in the area before. He may have been out in many areas/parks before and may have been checking off different locations on a regular base all-while possibly making pics or videos of the area.

This killer IMO has many "killing grounds" and it is only a matter of time, when he will be killing again, if not apprehended soon.

I really hope LE is sure about the younger age, IMO it is the opposite and he is retired having ample time to plan, research and operate beyond Delphi, Carrol County or the State of Indiana. Yes, he blends in and that is his biggest asset IMO.

All IMO of course.

-Nin

Thank you to [B][COLOR=#8000ff]@gregjrichards[/COLOR][/B] for the heads-up that HLN will air live panel of experts on the Delphi Murders at 2pm today !

HLN‏Verified account @HLNTV 2h2 hours ago
Today (Monday, April 29) at 2pET/11aPT HLN presents a special hour of #TrueCrimeLive focused entirely on the #DelphiMurders. Join our panel of experts who will answer some your biggest questions about the case. If you have any information: http://AbbyandLibby.org/contact

D5UM3YTW0AAX2Ol.jpg
Oh thank you thank you! I was just coming on here to ask if anyone could give me the details on this show! Appreciate the heads up!

I am concerned that I am focusing to much on the religious connection but I do not want to rule it out. Yesterday was the first Sunday since the PC. I wonder if they were watching who or more likely, who was not, at Church yesterday.

If they were found across the river, meaning they had to walk through water to get there. That would put the perpetrator in a position of having wet shoes and clothes. I don't recall anything being mentioned about this. Would also help eye witness testimony if this was a distinguishing feature of anyone seen.

Might also determine what way he left the scene....

Thoughts?

I have thought about the fact the killer would have been wet, but not until recently. Seems like somebody would have noticed it if they had seen him after the crime on the trails.
I was wondering last night if the killer was interrupted by hearing people calling for the girls. Quickly covered the bodies with leaves and walked away from the bridge around the curve in the creek. He then walked up the slope into one of RL’s outer buildings where he took off the outer clothes, built a small fire to dry himself and burn the outer clothes. He’s there about an hour. Now he’s dry. He makes his way carefully along the top of the ridge until he can step back onto the trail without being seen, now wearing dry different clothes. Perhaps he stops and talks to someone about the missing girls. Says he wishes he was able to stay and help. Walks back to his car at old CPS building and he is gone. Maybe he does come back later to help with the search.

I am concerned that I am focusing to much on the religious connection but I do not want to rule it out. Yesterday was the first Sunday since the PC. I wonder if they were watching who or more likely, who was not, at Church yesterday.
I usually can't stand this aspect of small towns, but the locals snooping into everyone they know will be what solves this case!

I think LE must have felt pretty confident that this new press conference was going to give them the momentum they needed. I find it against their best interest to make some of the statements that they did, if they really had no idea who they were looking for. Think of all the social media witch hunts that have taken place since this case started. LE had to had know that a new sketch, and statements like "could be in this room" were going to start the social media ablaze. They have even said before , "internet rumors can hinder the search"
Delphi Murders: Investigators say internet rumors can hinder search for Libby & Abby’s killer
I am curious if the family had ever seen this sketch before. If not, why? What would have made them keep it close to the vest.

I personally feel we are making too much of the religious angle. I don’t think The Shack reference was scripted. I think Carter is just a very spiritual man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia