Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I think. They realized who the owner of the car was, I assumed it couldn’t possibly have anything to do with this particular family, and then let it go.

Note the message LE gave the other day doesn't mention the year, color or make of the car, they only ask that people submit information about who might have been driving it that day between 12 noon and 5 pm

Indiana State Police Release New Sketch, Audio, And Video In Investigation Of 2017 Murders Of Libby German And Abby Williams

For LE to know about this car, it's description and location would have been entered in police reports. There would have Yet LE doesn't give a any description of the car, none at all. Doesn't that indicate that LE assumes someone out there already knows the description of car that was parked at the lot and who owned it? How else could total strangers know which car LE is referring to? That message from LE was sent specifically to the owners of the vehicle and they know who they are.

I'm also wondering if LE saw this vehicle report early on, checked it out and said to themselves "Oh, that's so-and-so's car. They wouldn't be involved in this." Now they're backtracking. I'm kind of on board with the perp being someone who is related to or is a well known person in the community, or at least someone familiar and trusted by LE.

JMO

I think this will simply be a rehash of what we already know. I have no expectation that it will break any new ground.

They’ve done this sort of thing with several cases recently. It’ll be a good refresher for most of us, but there almost certainly will be no new developments.

Anything new would have broken by now.

Agree. I don't think anything new will be heard.

Note the message LE gave the other day doesn't mention the year, color or make of the car, they only ask that people submit information about who might have been driving it that day between 12 noon and 5 pm

Indiana State Police Release New Sketch, Audio, And Video In Investigation Of 2017 Murders Of Libby German And Abby Williams

For LE to know about this car, it's description and location would have been entered in police reports. There would have Yet LE doesn't give a any description of the car, none at all. Doesn't that indicate that LE assumes someone out there already knows the description of car that was parked at the lot and who owned it? How else could total strangers know which car LE is referring to? That message from LE was sent specifically to the owners of the vehicle and they know who they are.

I'm also wondering if LE saw this vehicle report early on, checked it out and said to themselves "Oh, that's so-and-so's car. They wouldn't be involved in this." Now they're backtracking. I'm kind of on board with the perp being someone who is related to or is a well known person in the community, or at least someone familiar and trusted by LE.

JMO

If families members share the same car and DNA evidence isn't all that great and nobody's turning anyone in, LE certainly would not want to arrest the wrong family member.

JMO
Get to the scanner posts and be amazed like some of us are!!!!!

I can't find the thread to quote it but to the poster who referenced the scanner thread and the interesting connection between that and the religious innuendos of the presser and NSG, I think I get your train of thought on that (I would add that the bio on that link has an equally interesting hobby listed) but it can't be discussed on that thread and I think it would violate TOS on this thread too to elaborate...argh!

There is no evidence pointing to this crime having any religious connotations

I think this will simply be a rehash of what we already know. I have no expectation that it will break any new ground.

They’ve done this sort of thing with several cases recently. It’ll be a good refresher for most of us, but there almost certainly will be no new developments.

Anything new would have broken by now.

MOO you could be right and its just a reboot to keep going, I hope not.

I think it’s moot as well. I’ve seen no signs that they’ve explored that route, and believe there’s a reason for that:

The DNA evidence they do have, is either of undetermined origin, or it isn’t a sample good enough to explore these more advanced techniques.

I’ve seen Parabon contacted within months of a murder, and a profile released. It’s been two years here.

MOO unfortunately I think you are right about DNA not being there or good enough for a sketch, but they eliminated DN quickly somehow, so there must be some type of evidence that allowed police to do that.

Last edited:

MOO unfortunately I think you are right about DNA not being there or good enough for a
sketch, but they eliminated DN quickly somehow, so there must be some type of evidence that allowed then to do that.
Yeah. A couple of these guys (CE and DN) looked like great suspects, not only based on appearance, but in regards to behavior as well.

We have also heard of DNA testing regarding other potential suspects in this case.

It stands to reason that they have something to compare them to.

Get to the scanner posts and be amazed like some of us are!!!!!
Can you please give a post # to look for on the thread? Someone gave a page number awhile ago, but not everyone has their settings to the same number of posts/page so page # doesn't help. But a post number would help! Tia.

Can you please give a post # to look for on the thread? Someone gave a page number awhile ago, but not everyone has their settings to the same number of posts/page so page # doesn't help. But a post number would help! Tia.
Pages nine and 10 but I can’t ever see which post numbers. There are only a few names on those pages. That should get you started

HLN loose summary:

“It has been a week since the PC”:
Not even a minute in yet and they are showing the new sketch LOuD and CLEAR first thing.

Now showing clips of PC and video, and sketches old and new.

Seems they have an “esteemed panel”:

JSM: Certified Death Investigator and Professor

CG: Criminologist, Behavior Analyst and Attorney

JJ: BLN Legal Analyst / Criminal Defense Attorney

MO: Retried FBI Special Agent.

Also from Los Angeles, MS, Retired Police Sgt Sketch Artist and Forensic Facial Imaging Expert.

Last edited:
BG no doubt has a unique gait with his right foot/leg. I don’t care if he was carefully spanning the gaps in the railroad trusses.

Try it yourself. Walking like that with one leg is not comfortable. You have to over ride your muscle memory tendencies to walk like that.

I think if people can focus on this, a suspect will come into the cross hairs.

Maybe a prior knee/ankle injury.

His left leg looked just fine.

Call me crazy, just don’t call me late for lunch.
Heck, it’s lunch time!

MOO unfortunately I think you are right about DNA not being there or good enough for a
sketch, but they eliminated DN quickly somehow, so there must be some type of evidence that allowed police to do that.

In the podcast summarized earlier in the thread, former FBI agents who were interviewed said the suspect LE had for the second, older perp sketch was recently arrested. He was a sex offender. They were able to confirm that person was not the killer, so they went back to the first "younger perp" sketch.

If I read that accurately, it means LE may have sat for 2 years and watched the suspect sex offender who looked like the older perp sketch. Sounds like they made no attempt in those 2 years to get a sample of his DNA for comparison, until they finally found a reason to arrest him. Two years later.

If so, I disagree with their investigative technique, WRT DNA. JMO.

There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

Just bringing this forward. Remember, Tricia runs this place, and we don’t want to drive her crazy. ;)

In the podcast summarized earlier in the thread, former FBI agents who were interviewed said the suspect LE had for the second, older perp sketch was recently arrested. He was a sex offender. They were able to confirm that person was not the killer, so they went back to the first "younger perp" sketch.
I listen to that as well. Crazy that there was a sex offender who is into children and a killer there that day. Target rich environment but still!

HLN show:

Former FBI agent speculated that they were reluctant to release the video, because the gait is not normal.

The gait is not normal, because of what he’s walking on. It’s not the normal way he walks.

She believes that he has what he needs, under his jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4