Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. But there was an official search going on. For all they knew, they were hurt or lost. I'm assuming a search is a search. Unless we're talking about 2 different things and not realizing it.

Yes, iirc the organized search took place Feb 14th. I’m not sure if I can find a link but searchers were asked to report to the firehall early in the morning and if it was organized I’d assume it was a grid search. The prior evening it seems LE and others plus family and friends searched but nothing I noticed led me to believe it was an organized, grid search. That first evening people were also looking for them throughout the town, the teens friends and relatives were contacted as well, as it didn’t appear to be a focused search. More like an increasingly frantic one as hours passed, as would be expected.

Last edited:
If anyone’s interested:

Marking, thank you MistyWaters.

I just want to say in general how much I appreciate and value this discussion with you all of you “guys” here. Believably, or unbelievably, THREAD 100, (yes that’s ONE HUNDRED as in “C Note”) is not that far away which is like panic attack material—again words can not express the thickness in the air imo.

I’m currently reflecting on some different opinions that we respectful colleagues seem to have amongst each other...It’s truly fascinating.

ETA: Some examples include whether or not this was BG’s first crime, if he is truly “young”, etc etc. I’d have to say we’ve got our own kind of “panel thing” going here in some sense and I so respect to hear everyone’s thoughts.

I think there’s one thing for certain we may all agree on: This has sure stirred the pot.

(ETA2: Which according to yesterday’s panelists was exactly the point.)

Last edited:
Wow, something just hit me when you asked why would BG be louder than any noise from the girls. Maybe he DID see Libby's phone and maybe he took her phone and shoved it in HIS pocket which would make his voice easier to hear. Everyone wonders why BG didn't take the phone, and assumes he did not take the phone off of Libby. Well maybe he did and maybe that is why we hear him fairly well. I personally have dropped my phone out of my pocket just walking in the woods and have to back track to find it, and this is just with normal walking. This killer was marching girls, possibly struggling with girls, who knows what else. Maybe the phone was dropped near the crime scene as he left and he did not realize it fell out. Or maybe the information went into the cloud and he kept the phone.

(Just when you think you’ve heard every theory, another good “out of the box idea” emerges. :) )

Thought the depth of anger , shame and betrayal shown by DC at the PC could only come from someone linked to the Church and/or LE. MOO

Has any scenario been considered where the girls didnt actually go 'Down the Hill' when instructed?

They have two dead girls, and a killer still on the loose.

They have families looking for answers, an unsettled and vocal public, and just spent nearly two years looking for a guy who doesn’t resemble the sketch they released.

If they knew for a fact who this guy is, they would have him in custody. They are taking DNA from potential suspects for a reason.

This guy certainly betrayed people, but that doesn’t mean that the press conference was evidence of a greater betrayal.

These are angry, upset, and stressed out members of law enforcement, who are just trying to catch a killer.

I think people are probably reading too much into that presser.

I am not sure if it was his first kill. And he may have even killed since, in another location.

But I am sure it is not his last...unless he is caught soon.

And I am still wondering if he killed before. So many killers, especially serial killers, have not been caught.

Regarding the newest PC, I want to share an observation and am curious to hear your thoughts - If you watch Sheriff Leazenby who is standing behind Carter, he is pretty stoic the entire time - except when Superintendent Carter says "...or works here" when describing the killer. The Sheriff has a visible reaction. It of course may be nothing, but if you watch his face through the entire speech, he seems to swallow once when Carter is asking people to look at the mannerisms of BG, and then at the "...or works here" part, he very noticeably reacts. I find it very interesting.

Oh my but he does. It's almost as if he nods his head in agreement. Yup, there is a reaction.

They have two dead girls, and a killer still on the loose.

They have families looking for answers, an unsettled and vocal public, and just spent nearly two years looking for a guy who doesn’t resemble the sketch they released.

If they knew for a fact who this guy is, they would have him in custody. They are taking DNA from potential suspects for a reason.

This guy certainly betrayed people, but that doesn’t mean that the press conference was evidence of that.

These are angry, upset, and stressed out members of law enforcement, who are just trying to catch a killer.

I think people are probably reading too much into that presser.
I suspect a lot of that emotion had to be scripted to try to get a rise out of the killer. I don’t read more into than that. LE and locals certainly have good reason to be angry and emotional, stressed and upset.

While looking at one of Libby's family member's FB pages, I saw a new graphic they've made to share. It has a side-by-side of the newly released sketch and the video screen shot of BG. I'm a graphics person and it looks to me like the sketch was (innocently, I'm sure) very slightly stretched to fill the vertical space, which makes the face more elongated than it appears in the official sketch. Pretty cool blessing in disguise. ;)
Maybe it was done to give a more accurate facial sketch, of who they privately believe to be the killer ?....moo

Some lingering random thoughts (any of you guys cross eyed yet? “Y’all” are hard core (I’m trying to think of something other than you “guys” to collectively address but really it’s pretty common it seems imo. Anyway, my brain has had about all it can take for a while but before I forget:

There have been posts commenting and asking how BG could possibly still be going undiscovered as re: to his work environment/factors.

Facetiously, many moons ago after everyone endlessly talking about all his different potential occupations, I just went ahead and linked “Occupations A-Z” LoL (meaning you name it, roofer, telephone guy..lol). Anyway my point is that IMO one thing I’m thinking is that whatever he does, perhaps it is in a “self employed / contract / supervisory type capacity”, in which there would be less social accountability needed in the sense that he doesn’t have to answer to many and can do a lot of what he wants when he wants, has time alone, etc. I know because I’ve had these kinds of jobs before.

I know that there are differing opinions here as to his level of intelligence, etc, but I’m going to go ahead and say “yeah, he could be really dumb, but he also could be very smart”. Moo of course.

So yeah, I can see him “riding around in his truck, going to certain “jobs”, perhaps in an appraisatory (is that a word) construction type manner (is used to ride around with a “foreman” type) or like I said everything else A to Z. And there you have it, brain has officially turned to mush. Over and out and keep rocking! It ain’t over til it’s over!

ETA: I know @MassGuy is about to SHRED this post and say he’s a dummy in a non leadership role :)

Last edited:
Thought the depth of anger , shame and betrayal shown by DC at the PC could only come from someone linked to the Church and/or LE. MOO

Has any scenario been considered where the girls didnt actually go 'Down the Hill' when instructed?
There is zero evidence this crime is in anyway tied to any religion or anyone in L.E.

I'd imagine the search that night involved lots of shouting their names and hoping for one of them to shout back but probably no in-depth looking at undergrowth or anything else.

I think the most they expected to be wrong was that one to the girls had slipped and hurt themselves and that the phone had run out of battery.

No way would they have expected that in that short space of time two teenage girls would be murdered.

I can just imagine the optimism at that point. Yes worried they were missing and likely to be out in the cold and dark all night but not really thinking any real harm had come to them, certainly nothing sinister.

Must have been horrific the next day.

MOO - these were kids that check in, I am sure family fears began even before they called police. I lost a kid for five minutes in a clothing store, IMO panic starts pretty quick. I am so sorry for these parents.

Last edited:
The odd comment that the killer wants to know what LE knows is interesting.

What if the victims were moved from where they were killed, then somewhere else, then back. I mean, how would LE know any motive the killer had
unless he did something really baffling and curious only to use to throw back in their faces... or left some kind of note which I doubt. Does LE think they are being taunted? Or is it just so frustrating to
not have an arrest yet that LE JUST THINKS they are being taunted because they still haven't been able to solve this. Anyone have any idea or am I just reading more into one comment than it deserves.

Could be that BG has some sort of social contact with LE through family or friends.

I cannot stay caught up, so sorry if this has been shared already, such a beautiful story about Libby’s sister: Libby German’s sister forms friendship with sister of Golden State Killer victim

“Libby's sister, Kelsi, is getting help from someone who knows exactly what she is going through. That person is Michelle Cruz. The Golden State Killer murdered her sister, Janelle.

"It feels like it’s only been a month," said Kelsi.”

Only in hindsight. It’s easy for us to say now but the automatic assumption is not that every missing person is a homicide victim. The early focus is also trying to determine where they are, presuming they’re alive.
I recall it was said their fear that night was that one of them had fallen from the bridge! So they were having to search that area directly under through the overgrown brush and rough terrain. They also thought it might be possible one or both slipped and fell into the creek aome way and were carried downstream so they weren't at all looking upstream where they were found. Some volunteers came to RL's place and asked if they could go back there and search at 6:30. So it was past dark before the area they were found was searched that night. Then one of her grandpas said he thought she might have run away to see her mother so there was that line of thinking and her phone pinging all around town didn't help.

I don’t know if this is allowed. In addition to the man shot & killed this week in Indiana while jogging, a young woman has been shot & killed in Iowa while driving today. Both cases as of today appear to be random shootings/ killings by an unidentified stranger. Iowa and Indiana, both states with unsolved murders of two girls on the 13th of a month. Within a week of the recent Delphi PC. Coincidence or related?

A 25-year-old Iowa woman was shot and killed while driving home from work - CNN
Awful

Some lingering random thoughts (any of you guys cross eyed yet? “Y’all” are hard core (I’m trying to think of something other than you “guys” to collectively address but really it’s pretty common it seems imo. Anyway, my brain has had about all it can take for a while but before I forget:

There have been posts commenting and asking how BG could possibly still be going undiscovered as re: to his work environment/factors.

Facetiously, many moons ago after everyone endlessly talking about all his different potential occupations, I just went ahead and linked “Occupations A-Z” LoL (meaning you name it, roofer, telephone guy..lol). Anyway my point is that IMO one thing I’m thinking is that whatever he does, perhaps it is in a “self employed / contract / supervisory type capacity”, in which there would be less social accountability needed in the sense that he doesn’t have to answer to many and can do a lot of what he wants when he wants, had time alone.

I know that there are differing opinions here as to his level of intelligence, etc, but I’m going to go ahead and say “yeah, he could be really dumb, but he also could be very smart”. Moo of course.

So yeah, I can see him “riding around in his truck, going to certain “jobs”, perhaps in an appraisatory (is that a word) construction type manner (is used to ride around with a “foreman” type) or like I said everything else A to Z. And there you have it, brain has officially turned to mush. Over and out and keep rocking! It ain’t over til it’s over!

ETA: I know @MassGuy is about to SHRED this post and say he’s a dummy in a non leadership role :)

I’ll guarantee you one thing, he’s not Mensa or even some high level logical/ rational thinker and or experienced serial killer.

This crime was way to brazen and risky for that type of killer

This guy has disorganized written all over him

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads