Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing I have learned is that NOTHING is outside the realm of possibility.

The stranger it seems sometimes, the most likely it is.

I followed the Tim Bosma case here in Canada. I live close to Tim. I knew the killer's father. I had heard the stories and followed on Websleuths. We had all kinds of different reasons and theories. I'll never forget, following on Day 1 of the Trial, when the Crown submitted that the crime was all about stealing a truck. You could have knocked me over with a feather. It was all about the truck. Seriously?

BG could be anyone, from any walk of life. All we really know now is that he's way younger than we thought. I think we are all going to be blown away when they finally bring him down.

BG could be anyone.

MOO

Excellent post, @Tealgrove! (as always)

Well, hypothetically speaking, if I was covering for my son, husband, brother, nephew, cousin, neighbor, ex-boyfriend, etc. and figured with that current sketch going around and nothing "new" happening, I might feel pretty secure they will never get caught and I could keep covering for him. But, the new sketch comes out and.....whoa......what do I do?? Do I keep covering for him and risk going to jail myself? Now I'm nervous.....and trying to decide what to do....

MOO

If I was a detective, I would be asking those near him in person, with sketch in hand...not hoping they grew a conscious.

Well, hypothetically speaking, if I was covering for my son, husband, brother, nephew, cousin, neighbor, ex-boyfriend, etc. and figured with that current sketch going around and nothing "new" happening, I might feel pretty secure they will never get caught and I could keep covering for him. But, the new sketch comes out and.....whoa......what do I do?? Do I keep covering for him and risk going to jail myself? Now I'm nervous.....and trying to decide what to do....

MOO

It depends on what you've done to "cover" for someone. If all you've done is kept quiet and told them not to say anything you're not risking jail.

It wouldn't be weird to advise someone not to do it. I have had lots of conversations with folks who say "no way, I'd never put my DNA out there like that" and there's nothing nefarious about it. So, entirely possible!

I'm not a criminal, dont have a shady past, I'm adopted but know my biological family. And I still have zero intentions of giving up my DNA.

Agreed its also interesting to learn how and why Investigators do the things that they do.

As well as get a better understanding about how these monsters work and what makes them tick

I have no expectations about ever putting a puzzle together when the majority of the pieces are held my investigators

I just enjoy using rational and logical understanding about cases and how the crime likely unfolded
MOO

And the discussion is amazing.

All of my sleuthing isn't to solve the crime. It's to find out what LE knows that they are not telling us! I'm nosey like that.

I’m certain the murderer would like to know what information hasn’t been disclosed as well. Until an arrest has been made, amongst the general public, he’s considered to be one of us.

On a side-note..

Re-posting from an early thread for new WS members:

Baseball cap backwards on hoodie ensured to keep the hoodie up IMO. This (edited by me) version is very pixelated, but it does show a BB Cap and a hoodie IMO. The cap made sure the hoodie stayed up IMO..

View attachment 182036

All IMO.

-Nin

or just a combed forward wavy hairstyle. I kept seeing a hat for two years and recently I can see reddish brown hair instead.

Will tips at least get him questioned again possibility ?

I think there's some confusion about what a tip is. An opinion is not a tip. A tip would be someone who saw or heard something that may be related to a crime. Or PERSONALLY knows someone who resembles the sketch.

And anyonecan refuse to be questioned. We don't know who has actually agreed to be questioned unless LE themselves tell us.

so, as I was reading previous threads, I read a comment that gave me a thought. it was about the BG stills/video and how it's zoomed in and pixelated. I thought maybe, just maybe in the "full shot" of the stills/video LE have, it's clearer, and they're able to see some of the details better than we are. for example, it might be obvious he's xx years old, or he does/n't have facial hair, wearing a hoodie, or what have you.

I do think they know who did this but are like many of you have already said, need to collect more evidence to seal the deal.

Absolutely. The last thing anyone wants is to take BG to trial too soon, and have a good defense lawyer get him off...and he could never be tried again for these murders. Talk about a nightmare scenario. Better to have as many t's crossed and i's dotted as possible.

Several posters commented here, how the original sketch wasn’t a prominent focus during the 2 year anniversary in February.

Other than people looking online for “cyber suspects” who now believe they were led astray, I’m quite certain LE changed directions quite some time ago.

Agree. Didn’t we hear that LE had turned over their data to another FBI (?) office for a fresh look at the basics?? Maybe I dreamed that.

I've been sitting on my hands for the last few days just reading, scrolling and rolling.
Every time I begin to get frustrated by the repeat questions and case basics, I instead focus on being grateful for the forum and the renewed interest in the case.

All that said, this morning I had a thought that I'd love some input on...

The whole 'two weeks' parameter put out in the presser has been a sticky point for me.
It's one thing to say 'please allow the family some time', or 'please don't contact the family until they make it clear they're ready to talk to the press', etc. I've never heard a specific timeline set before?
I envision a media circus camping out waiting for the end of the 14th day to pounce.
At first I thought that, as many have said, they are waiting on DNA, Parabon, etc- some lab report that would give more details, perhaps even a more definitive sketch.

HOWEVER- given the major upheaval resulting from changing the sketch last week, I realized this morning that it would be very bizarre, and perhaps unlikely, for them to have a presser with a new sketch release and then plan to release another Parabon sketch or the like in another two weeks. After 2 years, it would seem that if they had a plan to generate a Parabon sketch, they'd do that and THEN have the presser & the sketch change.

SO- I'm back to wondering why the two weeks? Is there significance or am I straw grasping? I understand the religious significance of the dates surrounding the presser and don't discount that as a variable in the case for reasons unknown to us- is there something else happening next week or an anniversary being marked that would make that 2 week mark critical to someone?

Sorry for the 'War and Peace' type entry. I don't comment often, but apparently when I do I make up for lost time in word count!!!

Back to my cud.... MOO.

I so agree with you, Skigh.

From the beginning, I reserved 1% of my brain to this weird opinion:
1) Someone dressed up EXACTLY like RL.
2) Someone stalked the trail until they found two vulnerable victims, and murdered them.
3) The same Someone placed their bodies on RL's property.

To me, it is almost seemed like someone was trying to FRAME RL.

But why? Who?

Looks like a teen/young adult grabbed dad's hiking clothes that are too big. Intentional or unintentional? Wonder if dad loaned hiking clothes to his son that day and his car? Did he plan to just go on a walk, to stake out places or was ready to strike?

I do think they know who did this but are like many of you have already said, need to collect more evidence to seal the deal.

I remember watching that whole series about the Golden State Killer. I think it was a 6 part series but the last few parts were updates to the case. In those last updated shows it showed how they finally figured out who it was through the familial DNA information. They then had to collect more evidence. It showed at that point how careful they were to do everything just right. It didn't happen over night. It did take some time for LE to get those last pieces of evidence.

I think this is where the investigation is now.

Dear FinePrint,

Thank you for your insightful post!

You've stated what many are considering right now in your sentence:

"
It showed at that point how careful they were to do everything just right. It didn't happen over night. It did take some time for LE to get those last pieces of evidence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState