Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the last place they were known to be was where the older sister dropped them off. I dont think they had access to the bridge picture immediately and the dad saw someone coming from one direction who said they hadnt seen the girls so he would have thought he was wasting time looking in the direction that man was coming from.

Someone stalking the older sister perhaps?

I can think of several situation when genealogy does nothing.

They rely on mirror trees and matches in genealogy databases. Supposedly, they find someone who is close enough (2nd cousin) and hit a roadblock because this 2nd cousin has no clue that 30 years ago, his second aunt secretly gave birth to a baby that was adopted. The baby is in no one’s tree. The said aunt, since that time, is high on substances and not into genealogy at all.

Another situation - the DNA belongs to an international adoptee. No matches.

I can think of several other situations of the similar type.

I surely hope it is not the case.
I was adopted. I'm connected.
I wish we knew what the girls had been doing between those dates. Such as where they visited and who they may have interacted with.

Thank you.

It would be helpful if the people that did the podcast came out and clarified this directly I think.

Not doubting the websleuths member that has communicated with them at at all but they really should be clearer on the podcast about this.

Just want to say, I agree. Arrest is speculation... Albeit a highly trained & educated view... It is speculation. Not arguing a point... just sharing my little opinion.

I came across this news article dated Feb. 22, 2017. Thought this was interesting....

Abbie Williams. The girls were reported missing around 5.30pm on the day of their hike and found dead a day later Indiana State Police are looking beyond the town of Delphi for a man photographed near the trail around the time a relative dropped the girls off, Sgt. Kim Riley told WLFI-TV in Lafayette.

Authorities said they are expanding the search for a suspect in the killings of two girls

"We are actually expanding out," Riley said. "We want people who may have seen somebody walking, that may have picked up a hitchhiker, that may have seen a hitchhiker around that afternoon."

Snapchat murder girls, 14 and 13, recorded suspected killer ordering them ‘down the hill’

I've been sitting on my hands for the last few days just reading, scrolling and rolling.
Every time I begin to get frustrated by the repeat questions and case basics, I instead focus on being grateful for the forum and the renewed interest in the case.

All that said, this morning I had a thought that I'd love some input on...

The whole 'two weeks' parameter put out in the presser has been a sticky point for me.
It's one thing to say 'please allow the family some time', or 'please don't contact the family until they make it clear they're ready to talk to the press', etc. I've never heard a specific timeline set before?
I envision a media circus camping out waiting for the end of the 14th day to pounce.
At first I thought that, as many have said, they are waiting on DNA, Parabon, etc- some lab report that would give more details, perhaps even a more definitive sketch.

HOWEVER- given the major upheaval resulting from changing the sketch last week, I realized this morning that it would be very bizarre, and perhaps unlikely, for them to have a presser with a new sketch release and then plan to release another Parabon sketch or the like in another two weeks. After 2 years, it would seem that if they had a plan to generate a Parabon sketch, they'd do that and THEN have the presser & the sketch change.

SO- I'm back to wondering why the two weeks? Is there significance or am I straw grasping? I understand the religious significance of the dates surrounding the presser and don't discount that as a variable in the case for reasons unknown to us- is there something else happening next week or an anniversary being marked that would make that 2 week mark critical to someone?

Sorry for the 'War and Peace' type entry. I don't comment often, but apparently when I do I make up for lost time in word count!!!

Back to my cud.... MOO.
Don’t know the reason but I have speculated they have one. Maybe they were hoping this person would turn himself in and they were giving him two weeks to do so before the families spoke out. Maybe they believe the right tip, the final one, would come in during that two week period. They seemed so confident they have him and yet a murderer is loose in their community, or so they believe? I couldn’t guess what they are doing.

Not necessarily if not on the face. You can easily hide scratches on arms, chest, legs in winter with clothes.

That's so true!

I was thinking of the possibility of cuts/nicks on his hands as well as scratches.

He must have worn thick gloves - that would also account for lack of nuclear DNA.

Last edited:
I've been sitting on my hands for the last few days just reading, scrolling and rolling.
Every time I begin to get frustrated by the repeat questions and case basics, I instead focus on being grateful for the forum and the renewed interest in the case.

All that said, this morning I had a thought that I'd love some input on...

The whole 'two weeks' parameter put out in the presser has been a sticky point for me.
It's one thing to say 'please allow the family some time', or 'please don't contact the family until they make it clear they're ready to talk to the press', etc. I've never heard a specific timeline set before?
I envision a media circus camping out waiting for the end of the 14th day to pounce.
At first I thought that, as many have said, they are waiting on DNA, Parabon, etc- some lab report that would give more details, perhaps even a more definitive sketch.

HOWEVER- given the major upheaval resulting from changing the sketch last week, I realized this morning that it would be very bizarre, and perhaps unlikely, for them to have a presser with a new sketch release and then plan to release another Parabon sketch or the like in another two weeks. After 2 years, it would seem that if they had a plan to generate a Parabon sketch, they'd do that and THEN have the presser & the sketch change.

SO- I'm back to wondering why the two weeks? Is there significance or am I straw grasping? I understand the religious significance of the dates surrounding the presser and don't discount that as a variable in the case for reasons unknown to us- is there something else happening next week or an anniversary being marked that would make that 2 week mark critical to someone?

Sorry for the 'War and Peace' type entry. I don't comment often, but apparently when I do I make up for lost time in word count!!!

Back to my cud.... MOO.

Maybe it's LE way of calling the killers bluff, making him think they will be coming for him in the next two weeks. Any person who then does a vanishing act within the next two weeks could be classed as a suspect. That's if they don't already have a definite suspect.

So I confess. Last night "The Shack" was on Lifetime. I decided to watch it.

I may get jumped on for what I'm about to say but....I was so bored with this movie. I felt like I was watching the Christmas movie Scrooge. I kept getting on my iPad to sleuth and have no idea how the movie ended....Therefore I have no observations about this movie as how it may pertain to this case...

I may get jumped on for what I'm about to say but....I was so bored with this movie. I felt like I was watching the Christmas movie Scrooge. I kept getting on my iPad to sleuth and have no idea how the movie ended....Therefore I have no observations about this movie as how it may pertain to this case...

Religious element.

School's are out ? Graduation time ? Someone coming home from college ?.....moo

I like that possibility.

Not only would such a person be familiar with the area from when he resided with his family, but some students turn into “on again, off again” perpetual students. Such students can remain enrolled to varying degrees in schools for years.

This would allow the possible student perpetrator to be from say, early twenties as a non perpetual student to his mid thirties- or even older if one pushes the “perpertual student” concept far enough. This age range matches the new sketch. Then factor in that as he does not actively reside in Delphi now, there would be less chance of him being instantly recognized by locals.

Last edited:
I’m certain the murderer would like to know what information hasn’t been disclosed as well. Until an arrest has been made, amongst the general public, he’s considered to be one of us.

Eeks, all of us here posting fit that description in that we want to know what they know as he said to the murderer at the press conference.

Last edited:

Don't feel bad, I've attempted to watch the movie and thought the very same thing, couldn't finish it.

The images they have released to the public would be the best clarity that can be seen about the individuals distinct features

Thats their sole purpose for releasing them, so that someone that knows who it is can identify him

that could be too. but I also know when I take a picture of a squirrel, you can see it's a squirrel eating with him little hands but if I zoom and crop it's just a fluffy brown blur.

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what "MSM" stands for? I'm familiar with the other acronyms, but that one has me stumped! Thanks in advance...

Your question has been answered.

There are quite a few that we use, and many can be found in this thread that is just for those questions. But everyone here is glad to help for anyone who has one they come across they need help with.

Abbreviations and Acronyms LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Has anyone looked at a social media username of someone associated with a nearby Church ??
Numbers are used with a name ... There could be a divine meaning associated with these numbers ...Google it. These numbers are also contained in murder dates of the young girls in Evansdale and Delphi. VERY DISTURBING ...
First post. I don't want to break rules and will not elaborate further...

Welcome to websleuths as I see this is your first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member