Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many families who are so hell bent on preserving the family (usually bc they are covering some transgenerational abuses and addictions) that they will vilify victims of their family members' crimes rather than expose the family.

This is not how the normal, healthy family would behave, but if their son is committing murder, they are anything but normal and healthy. So I would expect denial and protection.
I thought of that scenario too.

I do not think there is any doubt they have DNA. This article from July 2018 says the Delphi investigators began working with "highly trained genealogist" CeCe Moore who helped identify April Tinsley's killer. They used DNA in that case and genealogy databases.
Delphi murder investigators using same DNA tech that led to Fort Wayne cold case arrest

My doubt is caused by no source is indicated. Unless LE directly disclose the information, what’s reported by the media is not always correct if their source happens to be unreliable. That this information hasn’t been confirmed by LE suggests they refuse to do so, still leaving the same question mark IMO

“Investigators working on the Delphi case are now using the same DNA technology used to arrest a man near Fort Wayne this week, suspected in the 1988 murder of a little girl.”

Last edited:
At the time, there wasn’t a crime being investigated.

This was simply two missing girls, who were likely lost.

That car was almost certainly gone by the time law enforcement even became involved in the missing person’s search.

Holy cow. I just had a thought.
What if the date slip was an accident. What if the car was there the morning of the 14th AND the 12-5 time slot of the 13th? But the owner/driver accounted for it being there because he participated in the search the night before or early morning of the 14th.
They are trying to get a witness to place the car there during the 12-5 window on the 13th.
So he says he arrived at 630pm or so to help with the search but in reality his car ( and he ) were there during the 12-5 time.
I’m 20 or so pages behind so if someone else posted this already I apologize.

Anyone want to comment on what they would do if they suspected their son of this serious crime? I will add the caveat I think would be real, believing they had not done it before and wouldn't do it again.

What I would do and what many other people do and have done is not necessarily the same thing. There are many many cases where a family has covered up the misdeeds of a murderer or rapist to keep the family name away from scandal. Especially well-to-do families.

If you aren't connected to Delphi it's sort of irrelevant. If a person who was connected to Delphi and discouraged a relative from putting their DNA in a database, after the murders, well maybe it's worth a look.

Don't you think?

I made a generic reply to another reply. That's all. It's certainly your option to announce a reply "irrelevant" I guess.

My doubt is caused by no source is indicated. Unless LE directly disclose the information, what’s reported by the media is not always correct if their source happens to be unreliable. That this information hasn’t been confirmed by LE suggests they refuse to do so, still leaving the same question mark IMO

“Investigators working on the Delphi case are now using the same DNA technology used to arrest a man near Fort Wayne this week, suspected in the 1988 murder of a little girl.”
This one quotes ISP Sgt Kim Riley. But he's still cagey about it.
"But, Riley says familial DNA testing is available to the department and says investigators are working closely with those who cracked the Tinsley case to see if their methods or findings could help solve the murders of Abby and Libby."
Redirect Notice

I do not think there is any doubt they have DNA. This article from July 2018 says the Delphi investigators began working with "highly trained genealogist" CeCe Moore who helped identify April Tinsley's killer. They used DNA in that case and genealogy databases.
Delphi murder investigators using same DNA tech that led to Fort Wayne cold case arrest
There is no quote from LE saying that they are using the same technique. The article doesn’t even mention how they know this or who told them this. The article is from last July. Something doesn’t add up. If they truly have DNA and used Cece Moore/Parabon then why the need to put out new sketch and then ask for a two week reprieve? I am waiting to see what happens next Monday when the two weeks are up.

True. But we've heard repeatedly that people questioned have been asked to submit DNA. So I'm guessing they have at least a partial sample.

I hope LE have DNA they believe will directly prove the guilt of one person but I can also understand why they’d want the murderer to sweat over the possibility as well.

I know many families who are so hell bent on preserving the family (usually bc they are covering some transgenerational abuses and addictions) that they will vilify victims of their family members' crimes rather than expose the family.

This is not how the normal, healthy family would behave, but if their son is committing murder, they are anything but normal and healthy. So I would expect denial and protection.

Might it not also be a case of cognitive dissonance? Perhaps we are talking about a parent or carer who idolises and mollycoddles BG, and who is therefore incapable of forging a link between the callous, psychopathic killer in the footage and the idealised, angelic persona of their son that they have crafted in their heads. Perhaps they even did confront BG about his link to the crimes, but were fobbed off with an alibi that would have fed into their pre-existent cognitive bias and placated any lingering consternation.

So I have a hypothetical scenario I would like people to consider and maybe discuss. Let’s say that a large number of people have concluded they have an idea of who the suspect is based on social media, hints on forums, or by any other means. But let’s say a large number of people all suspect the same person. If that person starts to become aware of the suspicion about him, and he really is the guilty person, does that help LE by putting more pressure on him, or does it actually make their investigation more difficult as he becomes more aware of what people know about him and he starts to attempt to cover up even more?

That's an excellent question. I would think it might make the guilty party even more cautious.

Still searching for MSM links on the following: 1.) teenager (or group of teenagers) who saw a man dressed all in black 2.) man dressed in flannel (may or may not be the man Libby's dad saw coming off of the trail which I have previously linked). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I have looked everywhere.

There is no quote from LE saying that they are using the same technique. The article doesn’t even mention how they know this or who told them this. The article is from last July. Something doesn’t add up. If they truly have DNA and used Cece Moore/Parabon then why the need to put out new sketch and then ask for a two week reprieve? I am waiting to see what happens next Monday when the two weeks are up.

I feel pretty sure that nothing will happen when the two weeks are up—except that the families will be barraged with questions.

I believe that ‘two weeks’ was just to try to give the families a respite from reporters. I hope I’m wrong. (I’m not meaning to be totally negative about the state of the investigation—just that I doubt that ‘two weeks’ refers to it.)

the computer he had prior 2017, laptop or desktop and cellphone have all been destroyed and replaced by now. Probably had time to do a lot of clean up after the fact.
JMO
Just bouncing off your post.....
I bet that the computer he owns now will be very revealing, unless he is a cyber genius, there will be many little valuable nuggets in there right this very minute .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState