Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding a DNA "Drive"....

Many years ago in Toronto, a young girl disappeared walking home from a friend's house. Her body (parts) washed up (in suitcases) onto an island in Lake Ontario. Not far off shore. She had been sexually assualted and obviously murdered.

Toronto Police went door to door on the route she would taken to get home. They knocked on every door and asked every man for a cheek swab. Almost all gave the sample readily. A couple did not.

Within days of this child's murder, her killer was determined. IIRC, he gave himself up.

So, they do work however, getting swabs from a whole town, and outlying areas, is a whole different deal than a couple hundred people.

Last edited:
True. But we've heard repeatedly that people questioned have been asked to submit DNA. So I'm guessing they have at least a partial sample.
I think you're correct. I've heard they have a partial DNA which can help rule people out but cannot lock someone in.
so this may be why Parabon hasn't been involved yet.

Many years ago in Toronto, a young girl disappeared walking home from a friend's house. Her body (parts) washed up (in suitcases) onto an island in Lake Ontario. Not far off shore. She had been sexually assualted and obviously murdered.

Toronto Police went door to door on the route she would taken to get home. They knocked on every door and asked every man for a cheek swab. Almost all gave the sample readily. A couple did not.

Within days of this child's murder, her killer was determined. IIRC, he gave himself up.

So, they do work however, getting swabs from a whole town, and outlying areas, is a whole different deal than a couple hundred people.

That is quite fascinating actually, the idea of a DNA Drive...but really shouldn't be considering the times we are living in! I think a DNA Drive would really only need to test parts of family trees, and anything that hits as a close match could then be fettered out further. And really, there is probably a lot that could be gleaned just from posing the idea of it...who starts to get anxious or making contingency plans?!

In James Renner’s docu-series Virtually a Detective, LE confirm on camera that they have DNA but in a broad sense/ don’t go into specifics

I don’t think anyone’s disputing the fact there’s DNA. But LE has never stated whether or not they have a specific DNA sample which they are certain leads directly to the murderer.

Aug, 2017
“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.”
Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Chlorophyll is why things such as plants and trees are green.
Cindy Anthony blatantly lied in court that she was the one who searched the internet for chloroform. She said her dog was acting funny and she thought it was from eating the bamboo and while checking her search lead her from chlorophyll to chloroform. She was at work when that was searched and it wasn't chlorophyll that was even searched. Of course the jury didn't by her lies trying to cover for her daughter.

I don’t think anyone’s disputing the fact there’s DNA. But LE has never if they have DNA they are certain leads directly to the murderer.

Aug, 2017
“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.”
Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

MOO the police said they started with about 1100 POIs, now down to a few dozen.
Like a puzzle, elimination of possibilities one by one leads the real solution.

Definitely. But, unfortunately, the time frame of the murders coincides with the timeframe of these tests increasing in popularity/becoming a topic of conversation/people either hating or loving the idea, etc. It wouldn't really be a "red flag" if someone refused to do that.

There is another way to look at it. Serial killers and rapists are a small part of the population. We have many people who were adopted; I got some letters from kids who were adopted from my country of birth. Not only did I put all our DNAs into the conventional ancestry system, I made them open so that these people could find their mothers, because they are looking.

This article is dated June, 2018, almost a year ago.

More vagueness. What’s confusing about this report is ISP is a partner in the Multi-Agency Task Force.

Familial DNA search might unlock Delphi killer's identity
“Recently asked about familial DNA searches and the homicide investigation into German and Williams' death, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said, “Obviously the answer hasn‘t come to the surface, yet.

“This is out of the box, so what can it hurt?”

Leazenby said Indiana State Police Maj. Steve Holland telephoned Leazenby after the Journal & Courier interviewed Holland, who is director of the Indiana State Police laboratories. Leazenby said Holland was giving him a courtesy call to expect the J&C's questions about familial DNA.

“That’s being discussed," Leazenby said of the outcome of Holland's call, "but there hasn’t been a decision made yet. It’s on the table.

“It might help us reach success.”....”

Still searching for MSM links on the following: 1.) teenager (or group of teenagers) who saw a man dressed all in black 2.) man dressed in flannel (may or may not be the man Libby's dad saw coming off of the trail which I have previously linked). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I have looked everywhere.

I looked for the teenager interview yesterday. I remember seeing her interviewed on the street. Maybe at a vigil? It was a few days after.
Maybe in the earlier threads. I’ll take a look if I have time.
I do recall having a very strong opinion about her comment. ( not sure if I vocalizes it here).

Not without a hiccup but the first use of DNA to eliminate/implicate a murder suspect in the U.K. came from a DNA Drive -

Interesting read -

Colin Pitchfork - Wikipedia

I think they need to catch him or his "alibi" in a lie about a vehicle that was in the area.

I agree.
Pressure on this criminal may or may not cause them to take action to cover up.
Not covering up may leave evidence out there still to be found.
While sitting tight risks it being found but also investigators might miss the evidence.
A dilemma for the assailant, risky either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member