Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like there are samples that are mixed together. Like blood smears that came from more than one person (victim and killer) or something along those lines.

There would also probably be DNA that could legitimately be there from other sources. For instance the grandmother's DNA might be on Libby's jacket if she hung it up for her, or unknown DNA on an object near the scene that might or might not be connected to the crime.

I am also wondering if one of the issues is that somebody touched the bodies during recovery. That could have contaminated the scene pretty thoroughly.

eta: changed wording so it didn't sound like a rumor.

If the best they have is touch DNA that’s mixed....I sure hope not, that’s very weak evidence.

hoping its this year as well....last year would have been better.

look at all these posts, thousands and thousands of replies, on reddit, on websleuths and mutltiple facebook and twitter accounts but in the end, we've left empty....

because we wish we could have been there to stop it.......

not just solve it and charge somebody and put them on trial and throw them in jail.....

but to have been around to STOP IT from ever happening.......

that's the frustrating thing with crime, especially against innocent young people, that we couldn' t stop it from happening.....

That is quite fascinating actually, the idea of a DNA Drive...but really shouldn't be considering the times we are living in! I think a DNA Drive would really only need to test parts of family trees, and anything that hits as a close match could then be fettered out further. And really, there is probably a lot that could be gleaned just from posing the idea of it...who starts to get anxious or making contingency plans?!

See, the idea of one just makes me nervous. It's one of the reasons why I won't use any of the DNA sites like 23 & Me. So even though I've never actually done anything criminal, I would most definitely be one of the people who started making contingency plans.

I love all of the brainstorming about the "two weeks" issue. Here's another take:

IMO and IME (based only on decades of speaking with fellow humans in a variety of life situations)

I have imagined the following conversation; perhaps a benign and simple reason for the specific "2 weeks"

Families to LE: You're not taking questions after the press conference? Does that mean we don't have to either?
Le to families: We can ask that they refrain from approaching the families, too.
Families to LE: For how long? They'll just follow us home today after the press conference.
Le to Families: We can make it a specific time frame, to give you time to process the new info. How about a week?
Families to LE: Can you make it two?

MOO IMO

I looked for the teenager interview yesterday. I remember seeing her interviewed on the street. Maybe at a vigil? It was a few days after.
Maybe in the earlier threads. I’ll take a look if I have time.
I do recall having a very strong opinion about her comment. ( not sure if I vocalizes it here).

Just for complete transparency here...The teenage girl interviewed here is a very close family member. If there are questions, I can try to bring her mother over as a VI. However, she's a minor and not a POI in any way, so we can't really talk about her.

I love all of the brainstorming about the "two weeks" issue. Here's another take:

IMO and IME (based only on decades of speaking with fellow humans in a variety of life situations)

I have imagined the following conversation; perhaps a benign and simple reason for the specific "2 weeks"

Families to LE: You're not taking questions after the press conference? Does that mean we don't have to either?
Le to families: We can ask that they refrain from approaching the families, too.
Families to LE: For how long? They'll just follow us home today after the press conference.
Le to Families: We can make it a specific time frame, to give you time to process the new info. How about a week?
Families to LE: Can you make it two?

MOO IMO
What are the reasons for not sharing the info with the families beforehand. ( Even slightly beforehand)?

I don’t know but I somehow doubt this case involves the use of chloroform. It takes up to 5 minutes before it’s effective. One murderer, two healthy teen victims, just wouldn’t seem to fit.
Right. The discussion was what would you as a parent do if you knew this was your child. Anthony was willing to commit perjury.

Still searching for MSM links on the following: 1.) teenager (or group of teenagers) who saw a man dressed all in black 2.) man dressed in flannel (may or may not be the man Libby's dad saw coming off of the trail which I have previously linked). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I have looked everywhere.

I thought it was in a news interview in the beginning after the girls were found, and I thought the girl who mentioned the "all black" said it could also just be just a rumor.

Yes, she did say exactly this.

Here is the video from 4 days after the murders with Libby’s friend talking about this:

I thought it was in a news interview in the beginning after the girls were found, and I thought the girl who mentioned the "all black" said it could also just be just a rumor.
No, I’ve seen that one- it’s a different one. It was an interview on the streets. It was in the few days following the girls missing.
She was a teenager - pretty popular girl type. She made the comment she has been there that day and she didn’t see Libby or Abby but did see a man dressed in all black. The way she said it seemed very flippant. I recall thinking that maybe she was fabricating a little. I know this seems harsh. I also thought it odd for her to go on camera.
Maybe it was pulled because she was a minor or maybe my hunch proved correct and they didn’t want false information out there.
But I haven’t been able to find it on any of the local news video archives.

Just for complete transparency here...The teenage girl interviewed here is a very close family member. If there are questions, I can try to bring her mother over as a VI. However, she's a minor and not a POI in any way, so we can't really talk about her.
I think all Wells is asking for is a MSM link if you have that.

What are the reasons for not sharing the info with the families beforehand. ( Even slightly beforehand)?
Leaks.

If you tell a family member, someone else might get wind of it.

They wanted maximum impact, and didn’t want anyone to steal their thunder.

The build up to this was important.

See, the idea of one just makes me nervous. It's one of the reasons why I won't use any of the DNA sites like 23 & Me. So even though I've never actually done anything criminal, I would most definitely be one of the people who started making contingency plans.

It’d make me nervous too. The idea is also totally opposite to everyone is presumed innocent. A DNA drive places the assumption that DNA must be offered to prove one is not guilty. I think Civil Rights Groups would go bananas over that suggestion. The implications are far beyond only Delphi and just this one homicide investigation. Is this what people want, every time there’s a murder everyone who lives in the area is required to drive over to a DNA center and offer a DNA sample? Why not make it easier, have the DNA of everyone in the USA registered in a gigantic DNA file? I’m quite certain that wouldn’t go over very well.

What are the reasons for not sharing the info with

MOO Very possible.
MOO for me I have a hard time seeing them forego a media platform and attention post PC to put out the new sketch.
I find the two week gap mysterious.

Not sure if it's the same one I'm thinking of, though, since I thought you said in a reply to someone else that the killer was killed by police. The one I was thinking of was in Evesham (Marlton), Burlington County in 2002. Ronald Pituch was convicted of murdering his mother after she refused to buy him cigarettes. He tied up his 5 y/o niece and fled the scene, attacked an elderly woman he came across who was out for a walk. He then crossed paths with an 11 y/o boy riding his bike through a wooded area on his way to a friend's house and killed him "in a rage".
No, Angelcat13, this happened in North NJ on a railroad bed. The victims were a jogger and young children on bikes years ago. Three gun deaths in a year in my extended family.

Still searching for MSM links on the following: 1.) teenager (or group of teenagers) who saw a man dressed all in black 2.) man dressed in flannel (may or may not be the man Libby's dad saw coming off of the trail which I have previously linked). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I have looked everywhere.
Memorial grows as police continue search for Delphi girls' killer
Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently.

I've seen a lot of posts on here where people are questioning the families' decision to drop the girls off unsupervised. Here's a quote from that article:

The trail system in Delphi covers just over 12 miles and is the "heart ... of our city," said Adams. To his knowledge, there's never been any concern about security on the trails, and he said children commonly walk them without supervision.

Growing up, we never thought twice about going there. There were never any concerns about walking around there and being alone. There are some now, but not before the murders.

Month after girls found dead, double murder haunts Indiana town

The idea is also totally opposite to everyone is presumed innocent. A DNA drive places the assumption that DNA must be offered to prove one is not guilty. I think Civil Rights Groups would go bananas over that suggestion. The implications are far beyond only Delphi and just this one homicide investigation. Is this what people want, every time there’s a murder everyone who lives in the area is required to drive over to a DNA center and offer a DNA sample? Why not the DNA of everyone in the USA be registered? I’m quite certain that wouldn’t go over very well.

MOO I was suggesting a voluntary one use DNA database for the Delphi area.
MOO it is like fingerprints. and those are currently required of every teacher, childcare or health worker, military, EMT, police, financial worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995