Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to comment on what they would do if they suspected their son of this serious crime? I will add the caveat I think would be real, believing they had not done it before and wouldn't do it again.
A couple of years ago a 12 y/o girl disappeared in South Jersey. A reward was posted and a woman called to ask if she would still be able to collect the reward if she turned in her son! I don’t know what the outcome was with the reward, but her son was arrested for the girl’s murder. He plead guilty and was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Yeh I don't think the two weeks comment was anything to do with a timeline for the investigation.

I think it was LE wanting the media to give the families some space to process the fact that the investigation has taken a different turn.

I think for two reasons.

1. Mostly to protect the families from intrusion.

2. To maybe give the families a little cool off time so that any frustrations about the investigation and the change in direction did not come out in the media and cause any negativity between the families and LE (Not so sure about this one though).

I think the main aim was to protect the families.

I don't think anything earth shattering will happen at the end of the two week deadline.
I absolutely agree. I’m not reading anything into that “two week” comment.

It almost certainly has nothing to do with the investigation itself, as law enforcement would never tip their hand like that.

An added benefit, is that the lack of any new developments will cause interest to diminish.

An interview from family members at some future date, will help to draw more attention.

Which is exactly what this case needs.

Your reason for the 2 week delay is very feasible.
Family had requested not to be hounded by media.
MOO.
I also think the family were given more information and Carter does not want the family to be badgered into giving away confidential information.
I think he will give a press conference himself next week.

I also think the family were given more information and Carter does not want the family to be badgered into giving away confidential information.
I think he will give a press conference himself next week.
Both families are strong. I don't think anyone could badger them into disclosing confidential info. They might only know what we know.

Does anyone think LE would have disclosed COD to the families?

It almost certainly has nothing to do with the investigation itself, as law enforcement would never tip their hand like that.

An added benefit, is that the lack of any new developments will cause interest to diminish.

An interview from family members at some future date, will help to draw more attention.

I.think it would do the case some good now for the family to do some sort of tv special (I know they have in the past).

But now this new information has come out and the public are maybe looking at certain family members or friends that they had doubts about before but didn't fully suspect because they were nothing like the 1st sketch.

It might be the push somebody needs to come foward with information, especially if someone like Kelsi was doing an interview as she really comes across so well and tugs on the heart strings.

I interpreted the "two week" comment as "breathing room" for the families and public to process what was said in the press conference and the sketch presented.

Its been all over the news. Check Fox for an arrest in April 2019 possibly linked to Delphi

I live in Canada so I'm not exposed to Delphi news except for in this thread.

Google 'union city child molestation' and follow the breadcrumbs.

Ewwwwwwwwwww now I wish I didn't know. That is the stuff of nightmares.

Thanks both!

A couple of years ago a 12 y/o girl disappeared in South Jersey. A reward was posted and a woman called to ask if she would still be able to collect the reward if she turned in her son! I don’t know what the outcome was with the reward, but her son was arrested for the girl’s murder. He plead guilty and was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Only a few days ago, here on Websleuths, a son told his parents he had murdered a girl, while they were out (stabbed her 80 times, meeting her on FB).
Next morning, they contacted police.
For emergencies, police are open all hours.
I would be worried, he could have escaped, or even harmed them.
MOO.

Only a few days ago, here on Websleuths, a son told his parents he had murdered a girl, while they were out (stabbed her 80 times, meeting her on FB).
MOO.
Link, please

MOO.
I remember reading this, to, and thinking Who the H*** waits until morning?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevTom23