Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son attended a military academy. On the first day, a photographer took photos and posted them online that night. I could pick my son out of a crowd of uniformed kids even when I could only see his ear.
I must be a horrible mother. I sometimes have to look more closely to make sure I’m watching my own kid at a soccer/baseball game or a horse show when they’re all in uniform (or show attire) with hats.

Good points. I guess I was looking at it with a scientific perspective, more as a process of elimination tool as a way to narrow the field and help with a more focused search, not in the context of civil rights but you're right. I was also thinking of it more in the context the original poster provided (so a limited subset of people) but no it definitely wouldn't be feasible in every circumstance. The notion of a future DNA registry though...something tells me that is not outside the realm of possibility eventually (not in my lifetime, but we have drones delivering packages which several lifetimes ago people would have thought was only the stuff movies were made of too).

I was thinking of the FBI–Apple encryption dispute too. When something as simple as unlocking the cellphone of an accused causes such a fiasco I think us all flying around on hovercrafts might come before a DNA registry (that is, unless Big Brother, 1984 becomes a realty).

Last edited:
I love all of the brainstorming about the "two weeks" issue. Here's another take:

IMO and IME (based only on decades of speaking with fellow humans in a variety of life situations)

I have imagined the following conversation; perhaps a benign and simple reason for the specific "2 weeks"

Families to LE: You're not taking questions after the press conference? Does that mean we don't have to either?
Le to families: We can ask that they refrain from approaching the families, too.
Families to LE: For how long? They'll just follow us home today after the press conference.
Le to Families: We can make it a specific time frame, to give you time to process the new info. How about a week?
Families to LE: Can you make it two?

MOO IMO

Your reason for the 2 week delay is very feasible.
Family had requested not to be hounded by media.
MOO.

Does anyone know if RL lost his land after this happened? I remember he went to jail for awhile but then lost track of everything. I truly hope they are closer to an arrest and the families can have some peace.

The media have stayed entirely away from RL after he was cleared from any involvement in these homicides. Probably that’s also because he’ll never agree to an interview ever again. If so, I certainly can understand why.

Great Post BTW!!!

I agree! Thinking about this earlier today. 2 weeks/May 7th is fast approaching. Tick Tock BG!
Im going to be the Debbie downer here...I don't think LE is going to make an announcement in 2 weeks... the 2 week remark from LE stated--Please give the family 2 Weeks before questioning them or commenting on new info-- Give the Family 2 weeks
ETA---However...That would be GREAT NEWS if they did have him soon !!
‘We also believe this person is from Delphi’: Police release new sketch, additional information in Delphi murder investigation

Last edited:
If only ethics were advancing as quickly as dna technology.

Another poster referenced the many groups of people required to be fingerprinted (whom are not criminals) and that is true, I'm not so sure DNA is leaps and bounds different in theory than fingerprints either. But certainly a topic for another forum!

Im going to be the Debbie downer here...I don't think LE is going to make an announcement in 2 weeks... the 2 week remark from LE stated--Please give the family 2 Weeks before questioning them or commenting on new info-- Give the Family 2 weeks
‘We also believe this person is from Delphi’: Police release new sketch, additional information in Delphi murder investigation

Yeh I don't think the two weeks comment was anything to do with a timeline for the investigation.

I think it was LE wanting the media to give the families some space to process the fact that the investigation has taken a different turn.

I think for two reasons.

1. Mostly to protect the families from intrusion.

2. To maybe give the families a little cool off time so that any frustrations about the investigation and the change in direction did not come out in the media and cause any negativity between the families and LE (Not so sure about this one though).

I think the main aim was to protect the families.

I don't think anything earth shattering will happen at the end of the two week deadline.

MOO I was suggesting a voluntary one use DNA database for the Delphi area.
MOO it is like fingerprints. and those are currently required of every teacher, childcare or health worker, military, EMT, police, financial worker.
Maybe some would volunteer but not all. Doubtful the murderer would volunteer.
For myself, I didn’t approve of it when the state started taking thumb prints for drivers license. I also disapproved of them taking fingerprints to renew a nursing license, to me it was an invasion of my privacy. I worked in the field for over 20 years and they decide to start treating nurses like they’re common criminals. But that’s just me. I guess you can tell I’m not a fan of Big Brother.

You’re right. A rumor about a guy possibly dressed in all black and now there are theories that this guy is worried about changing clothes with all black clothing underneath. It simply does not make sense.
Not saying it is true but all black underneath the outer clothing would cover any blood that may have soaked through. It is just a thought that if you dont want red blood showing on clothing black would be the way to go.

Does anyone know if RL lost his land after this happened? I remember he went to jail for awhile but then lost track of everything. I truly hope they are closer to an arrest and the families can have some peace.
No, he did not lose his property.. He is still living there

If LE was indeed close to nabbing the murderer (or even a suspect in mind), why would they give him a heads up that they’re now looking at him - with the new sketch?

They may or may not, moo, depending on if they had eyes and ears on him and were wanting to “shake him up”.

I tend to lean towards them NOT having a certain person in mind, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995