Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. But, unfortunately, the time frame of the murders coincides with the timeframe of these tests increasing in popularity/becoming a topic of conversation/people either hating or loving the idea, etc. It wouldn't really be a "red flag" if someone refused to do that.

I wasn't talking about refusing to do the DNA database. I was talking about discouraging a relative from doing it. And again, context matters. Is the person connected to Delphi? To me it would perk up my ears if someone connected to Delphi was discouraging a relation from doing the Ancestry thing.

Then you look for more. Do they resemble the BG? The sketch? Any stranger behaviors around the time of the murders or lately?

And we yet don’t know if DNA is at the center of this case.

Was DNA found at the crime scene?
Police aren't saying.

Indiana State Police officials have not confirmed yet whether they have DNA samples that could lead to a possible suspect or suspects in the Delphi case.

However, a new state law, which took effect on Jan. 1, 2018, could help in the case. Now DNA samples can be collected from anyone accused of a felony; before that, police could only collect samples from someone already convicted of a crime.”
Delphi murders: What we still don't know two years after the slayings of 2 teenagers

True. But we've heard repeatedly that people questioned have been asked to submit DNA. So I'm guessing they have at least a partial sample.

My son attended a military academy. On the first day, a photographer took photos and posted them online that night. I could pick my son out of a crowd of uniformed kids even when I could only see his ear.
Anyone want to comment on what they would do if they suspected their son of this serious crime? I will add the caveat I think would be real, believing they had not done it before and wouldn't do it again.

I'm not sure about the first part. If they were certain he would be present the icons could be a lot clearer to someone in the room.

And of course there was no careless mistake.

Yah idk I didn’t notice that screen being projected.

I thought someone zoomed in on the actual laptop screen.

Maybe I’m mistaken

The problem with crime solving by DNA, what if the murderer didn’t leave any trace of DNA behind? One only has to google to learn everything they might want to know regarding all the ways a good DNA sample is recovered from a crime scene, it’s no longer a secret science. While we know DNA has been recovered, but considering touch DNA can be found everywhere, on our bodies, on every object, what we don’t know is if LE are certain they have a sample of the murderers DNA. Even if they don’t, evidence of DNA is not required to successfully prosecute.

My opinion only, I don’t think this case will be solved by DNA alone.
no I don't either but I think they know but just need that 1 thing (not sure what the thing is )

I've seen this mentioned as being a taboo subject a few times but totally missed why that is - is it possible to elaborate on why we shouldn't discuss that particular activity (I did as you suggested and looked up what it was they were doing)?

This is a separate answer than the one concerning her sister's blog, but this is why we were not approved to talk about geocaching previously

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

I so agree with you, Skigh.

From the beginning, I reserved 1% of my brain to this weird opinion:
1) Someone dressed up EXACTLY like RL.
2) Someone stalked the trail until they found two vulnerable victims, and murdered them.
3) The same Someone placed their bodies on RL's property.

To me, it is almost seemed like someone was trying to FRAME RL.

But why? Who?

You know, back when the wolf packs were howling after RL, I wondered whether somebody had tried to frame him, and then I thought no, that's just too weird and melodramatic. That only happens in the movies.

But if the killer had had some kind of run-in with RL before (RL chased him off his property, maybe?) I can see how he might have thought leaving the bodies on his property and pointing the finger at him would be fine revenge.

Which makes me think that the girls might have been targeted for some petty insult as well.

Nah. Too off the wall.

I know many families who are so hell bent on preserving the family (usually bc they are covering some transgenerational abuses and addictions) that they will vilify victims of their family members' crimes rather than expose the family.

This is not how the normal, healthy family would behave, but if their son is committing murder, they are anything but normal and healthy. So I would expect denial and protection.

Anyone want to comment on what they would do if they suspected their son of this serious crime? I will add the caveat I think would be real, believing they had not done it before and wouldn't do it again.

I would not give it voluntarily. For example I'd be worried about being denied affordable health insurance because it turns out I have XYZ genetic pre-existing condition. There are too many people looking to do bad things with our DNA IMO, plus we don't know what future advances in technology could do with DNA. Once we give it up we have no control.

It depends how you give it up. For example, DNA samples given to police aren't shared with insurance companies. There are laws regarding what samples can be used for and you can also sign contracts that prevent your sample from being used for certain purposes.

However, I get the concerns. You never know what could happen in the future.

If there was it would be a lot less subtle and easily seen I can assure you that.

And if some think it’s a careless mistake all I can say is rest assured no significant info is going to be presented by a shortcut on a desktop moo

O/T, but during the FCA trial, we got a screenshot of websleuths on the attorneys table!

(FCA= felon Casey Anthony, or perhaps another word for felon.)

Yah idk I didn’t notice that screen being projected.

I thought someone zoomed in on the actual laptop screen.

Maybe I’m mistaken

It absolutely was projected on the screen, for all to see. Right at the end of the 4/22 PC, which is linked on Page 1. It was visible nearly as long as they focused on the new sketch.

An experience of mine today which reminded me of the girls:
I was walking to the library through a park and was at a intersection of paths in front of a parking lot. I decided to go in the opposite direction of a homeless man, which lead me towards a less public area. As I was walking I noticed that a pickup truck with a man + the trunk hatch down would stop until I caught up next to them, then would drive forward again, staring at me most of the time. After about a minute of this he sped into a parking spot where I would be walking by. I got that sick feeling and turned around, walking quickly in the direction of the homeless man instead. He just gave me a smile and went on with his day.
I'm not much older than Abby & Libby were, and I'm certainly not as strong/athletic as them. This was in a fairly public place where I had cell reception and the homeless man could hear me scream if anything went wrong, yet I was terrified and had that gut reaction to get away.
I can't imagine how terrified and hopeless they felt, and all they had to turn to was their own strength and recording BG.
It also showed me how wrong my sense of judgement is. We assume that the scariest looking person is the one out to get us, but it is very likely a clean cut guy respected within the community. Just thought I'd share before I head back on that path home[/QUOTE
This is way out in left field but your comment made me think what if the police are lying to the general public and BG is not the killer? What if like in your example the BG was the creepy guy and the killer depicted in the new sketch was simeone they knew and trusted who was somewhere near their end of the bridge and saw their panic and replied with "guys follow me down the hill away from him"

Not likely but at this point who knows?

Scared to death. I'd fear he'd kill again. Every minute I would be terrified. I would not protect him. I couldn't live with it knowing what he did and is capable of doing again! There's no way to know he wouldn't strike again. No one would be safe in the community.

I'd try and get them to come forward themselves but if they didn't i would have to grass them up.

Family or not I couldn't live with the guilt of knowing that they had done, and even if i was convinced they would never do it again I couldn't risk it.

There was a case in the UK recently Alesha Mcphail and her killers mum rang police when she saw her teenage son leaving the house in the early hours of the morning on her cctv cameras.

I believe she said she came forward because she said she hoped the footage would eliminate him from enquiries but that never made sense to me.

I think she knew he was responsible all along MOO

True. But we've heard repeatedly that people questioned have been asked to submit DNA. So I'm guessing they have at least a partial sample.
I do not think there is any doubt they have DNA. This article from July 2018 says the Delphi investigators began working with "highly trained genealogist" CeCe Moore who helped identify April Tinsley's killer. They used DNA in that case and genealogy databases.
Delphi murder investigators using same DNA tech that led to Fort Wayne cold case arrest

In Indiana, everyone is a mandatory reporter. Clearly and teachers don't have a separate duty to report.

Further, if abuse is disclosed during a religious confession of some sort, clergy do have privilege that can override the mandatory reporting law. Indiana does not do away with the clergy privilege.

Finally, failure to report in Indiana is a Class B misdemeanor which means it carries a penalty of UP TO 180 days in jail and a $1,000.00 fine.

As to whether abuse before murder would be reportable well murder is also abuse. So either way. But if the victim is already dead the duty to report might be mitigated as there is no on-going risk to that victim.

But I'm not sure on that.

Like you, I always thought that the duty to report was no longer necessary if the person was deceased. That is why it interested me the in the pressure they said "
And there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity"

To me, that was speaking which religiously possibly not to the murderer but just somebody who knew such about the murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste