Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think that anyone who thinks there is going to be some major event in the near future, is going to be disappointed.

I’m sure there will be an update as the circumstances warrant, but that very well may be weeks or months from now.

We just don’t know what is going to come out of this latest press conference (tips), or where the investigation stands.

Agreed some self control may be in order as we allow Investigators to do their due diligence as they follow the path that leads them to an arrest.

They will get there but its probably not going to be marked by hrs, days or even weeks

• It is an interesting post by @LucyRocket from the previous thread. I, too, have a feeling of something disorganized.

I have nothing to offer this investigation, because what is needed is the identity of the perpetrator, and with me living in a far distant country, I could never offer this information. This is why I have never posted, even though I have followed every single thread since day dot.

Therefore the following observations are just me voicing my opinion. They really are useless, so scroll by if you're hoping for something useful!

This is, in every respect, the most bizarre crime I've ever come across. Mainly due to the amount of official information released, which not only gives us no information, but contradicts itself in each part. In the initial press conference we were given an image and an audio recording. I can't remember the exact statement, but we were left with the information that the voice and the image may not both belong to the same person, and yet there is not definitively more than one person involved. Or the other way around; the audio and image may both be of one person, but that doesn't mean they are the only person involved.

This is followed by a sketch of a face, which we can place on the image of the individual we have come to know as BG, and who we consider to be the offender.

Then in the most recent presser, more than 2 years on, we are told that that image is considered to be 'secondary', and a new (original) completely different sketch is now depicting the suspect. An image which is totally different in colour, age, structure, hair set and expression. No explanation why, or what we should make of the first sketch.

If I were someone who was local and had an inkling about someone, all of these inconsistencies would prevent me from exploring my suspicions further

To add to this impression, there is retirement of the Carrol County prosecutor Robert Ives who then comes back and is sworn in today.

How is it to be understood? Someone dropped the ball and he retired in protest but is coming back because he knows the case well?

Or, he dropped the ball?

Or something else?

Or just because they are all local, they were afraid to even think a certain way?

• It is an interesting post by @LucyRocket from the previous thread. I, too, have a feeling of something disorganized.

To add to this impression, there is retirement of the Carrol County prosecutor Robert Ives who then comes back and is sworn in today.

How is it to be understood? Someone dropped the ball and he retired in protest but is coming back because he knows the case well?

Or, he dropped the ball?

Or something else?

Or just because they are all local, they were afraid to even think a certain way?

It could just be that he was simply worn out and felt it was time to step away?

Could be that he was bored and wanted to come back?

Could be that he knows something and wanted to be a part of putting this evil SOB behind bars?

thats all i got

Or, he dropped the ball?

Or something else?

This is interesting to me. Anyone know if it matters that a prosecutor is sworn in at the time of arrest? Would be interesting in understanding the timing on his return. I hope it is so he can nail BG!

This is interesting to me. Anyone know if it matters that a prosecutor is sworn in at the time of arrest? Would be interesting in understanding the timing on his return. I hope it is so he can nail BG!

He was sworn back in as an assistant DA April 10th 2019 link is upthread

Last edited:
This is probably a very, very stupid question, and one that may have been addressed previously, but how do LE know with certainty that BG is THE suspect? Is it because he was the only other person known to be on the bridge with them? Or are we to assume that there is more unreleased video footage of that specific individual on the phone (and potentially footage of that person actually committing the crime, as horrible a thought that is)?

Again, stupid question probably

[QUOTE="margarita25, post: 15034734, member: 91518"]MassGuy, off the top of your head, and I am asking seriously and not in a challenging way (I will clearly state if I am being challenging lol), is can you (or anyone else) name an example of a perp who would be similar to what you’re thinking about being dumb and just lucky and able to evade for so long? I’m sure there are tons of examples but I was trying to think about this the other day and was not recalling any specific examples off the top of my head. Tia.[/QUOTE]
@margarita25
I was thinking about Yara's case and the extraordinary use of DNA earlier while reading the posts here discussing DNA and genealogy. I think Brosetti's execution of the crime was probably "dumb," but he was very lucky for about three and a half years. He was lucky that his mother was an adulterer and her husband was not his biological father, and that the DNA testing lab screwed up the first time and compared the DNA sample to Yara instead of to him. If it weren't for dogged determination, vast resources and phenomenol DNA / forensic investigation, Brosetti would have gotten away with it, IMO. It might require this kind of effort to find and convict BG. MOO.
Italian Murder Case Involving 15,000 Scans is ‘DNA Database Hit of the Year’

It’s curious timing, and could either be unrelated, or it’s a sign of things heating up again.

It’s hard for me to believe that it’s unrelated, as his return coincides with the “new direction,” of this investigation.

Let’s just hope it’s the latter.

This is probably a very, very stupid question, and one that may have been addressed previously, but how do LE know with certainty that BG is THE suspect? Is it because he was the only other person known to be on the bridge with them? Or are we to assume that there is more unreleased video footage of that specific individual on the phone (and potentially footage of that person actually committing the crime, as horrible a thought that is)?

Again, stupid question probably

Theres honestly no way for us to know as LE has never explained

LE has stated that they believe he is solely responsible

I think it could be a number of things

Video from libbys phone shows one person BG

Audio from Libbys phone shows one voice BG (and the girls)

DNA from the crime scene is from one suspect

JMO

Last edited:
It’s curious timing, and could either be unrelated, or it’s a sign of things heating up again.

It’s hard for me to believe that it’s unrelated, as his return coincides with the “new direction,” of this investigation.

Let’s just hope it’s the latter.

Agreed and its hard for me to think its totally unrelated as he seemed to speak with a lot of passion about this case when he was the acting DA

I think he returned for a sole purpose

JMO

Theres honestly no way for us to know as LE has never explained

LE has stated that they believe he is solely responsible

I think it could be a number of things

Video from libbys phone shows one person BG

Audio from Libbys phone shows one voice BG

DNA from the crime scene is from one suspect

JMO

Makes sense. It’s hard not to speculate and over analyze every little thing when you aren’t given much to go on.

Yeah, I think that anyone who thinks there is going to be some major development in the near future, is going to be disappointed.

I’m sure there will be an update as the circumstances warrant, but that very well may be weeks or months from now.

We just don’t know what is going to come out of this latest press conference (tips), or where the investigation stands.

Yeah I’d be hopeful for breaking news next week if Carter had said the end is nearly in sight but that’s not what he said -

“Please be patient with us please. We're just beginning. We're just now beginning. We will not stop."....”
'We will not stop': ISP releases new suspect sketch, video in Delphi murder investigation

I wanted to bring this over from previous thread (I expanded on post ) because I'm curious as to what others may think:

Which scenario, if any of these, is more likely?

The girls were forced at gunpoint down the hill and then ran at some point. They were the ones who knew where to cross the creek. Then he caught up with at least one of them..Abby? Abby was caught and Libby chose to stay and defend her friend (or visa versa). This would show that he lost control of the situation at some point and that there was an intense struggle between BG and at least one of the girls.

Or...
He knew the area well enough to know where to cross the creek and led the girls to the area where they were found. He had the spot and escape route all planned out. Maybe he even placed a duffel bag there ahead of time with "tools" and change of clothes. Early on I believe there was some talk of a "duffel bag".

Or..
Did they double back across the bridge and not cross the creek at all? If these murders weren't meticulously planned then maybe it is a possibility?

Does it even matter?

The DA is an elected position. Ives is returning as one of the asst. DA's. (sworn in by his successor)
His return could be meaningful or just coincidental.
I hope it is meaningful.

Carrying over from last thread:

Someone posted a while back that most often kids keep their phone on silent. This may be why BG was not alerted to Libby’s phone when Derrick kept calling/texting.
Well, unless BG has been living under a rock, whether he heard a ring or not, I would think he would assume there’s a strong likelihood that one or both of these teens had a phone. Apparently, it seemed of no consequence to him. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper