Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the reply and will reply in more depth another time, but what does BBM mean?

With all due respect - in my disclaimer I indicated that much of what I said was likely already well established, and I was new to this particular case. I am sure I did restate obvious things.

"I don't believe in god but I'm afraid of him"

- The Usual Suspects

I think we can safely say that almost everybody says it often, whether it be a friend, teacher, acquaintance, or anybody who is addressing more than one person.
I really think they released that part of the audio because of the tone, or pitch. It sounds like he is saying the word almost as if there is a question mark, like, " guys?" the way someone would
say it to get their attention.

It's just a little but more for someone to go by in order to recognize the voice of someone they know.
I would think anyone close to him would make a connection as soon as they heard it. Imo
bbm
In any case the term "guys!" follows an announcement of any kind, always. IMO
bbm
IF those close to him are from the Delphi area, I think they would make a connection. IF the Delphi area is a wrong guess, then the audio is less useful, unfortunately. IMO

I think the offender was self-aware enough to know that they're not normal, and, had received objective criticism about how they come across from those around him. But, it wasn't taken well and simply added to their own self-loathing. I originally was thinking maybe the girls were aware enough of his presence where maybe they strategically thought 'let's abruptly take this hard left at the fork to see if he follows..." But it appears there's really not a whole lot of forks. It seems like it's kind of a straight shot, no? I am guessing he likely left them alone, and, may have only encountered once, face-to-face, if at all. I don't think he just kept popping up, but, was perhaps a super weird guy with his attire, demeanor, and perspiration? And, then just appeared once he knew they were effectively cornered? I had some weird encounters, like many of us, as a kid. I never liked being in secluded places for reasons such as this. But, I always let my guard down when I had a close friend nearby. My intuition kicks in sometimes, and I can't help but trying to put myself in their shoes. As a kid, I went with a group of friends up to Maine to party. We were all reasonable fit males, but something I had forgotten about recently reentered my consciousness. A group of yokels in a pickup drove past us while we were on foot, and they screamed at us in an attempt to frighten us. A friend of mine, drunk, decided to yell something wise back. Immediately, you heard screeching brakes and they changed directions to follow us. We immediately ran. We were near a lake, as we were staying in a cabin about 1 mile away. They followed us, speeding up dangerously close, as if to run us over. We ended up hiding in someone's yard along the waterfront. We kind of split up, and a friend and I stayed together, trying to inch our way back to our home base without arousing attention. We hid near cove on the water, and, these $$%%^ actually go out of their pickup, and waded thru the water in attempt to sneak up behind us. I was much fitter and faster than my friend, but, he urged me to leave him there and make it back safely. I refused to leave him there. We ended up staying there for nearly an hour until we felt it was safe. We were 180 lb males, but we would've had problems against these much bigger and older adults. It made me think of these poor girls, and, how honorable and courageous they were to stick together facing such unimaginable evil. Let's catch this .

Welcome ejtheintj.:):):)
A great story, with a happy ending.
I am so pleased you stayed with your mate.
I guess, because of this incident, you are friends for life.
I hope so.

@charlotte123456

Sorry, I meant to quote your post. I am n00b!

I appreciate the reply and will reply in more depth another time, but what does BBM mean?

With all due respect - in my disclaimer I indicated that much of what I said was likely already well established, and I was new to this particular case. I am sure I did restate obvious things.

- The Usual Suspects

Sorry @charlotte123456

- The Usual Suspects

I could be way off base, especially bc I haven't been following this case until yesterday when I first heard LE update. MOO is that the LE PC was actually directed to the BG family (maybe friends) even though he said he was talking to the BG. I don't see any of his talk motivating the BG to confess. I do see it motivating family to feel ok about giving up what they know and coming to terms with the fact that he is the BG. Some of these thoughts are:
1. LE being so torn up and showing (rather dramatically and emotionally) how tough this case is as well as coming to terms that it is one of their own (community member). He's identifying with the BG's family and their tough situation.
2. LE referencing that BG still has a little conscience. The family may be thinking "there's no way he could have done this" bc they don't see him as not having a conscience & doing this heinous act.
3. LE referencing The Shack. I don't remember what that book/movie was about but I do know it had religious overtones. This was clearly sending some kind of direct message to someone and LE knows who that is (probably bc of the crime scene or they know who the family/BG are). It was such a random thing to insert into the PC.
4. LE referencing that the BG is part of our community (now or in the past) and could be right here with us - telling the family "we understand, he looks and acts like he's part of the family, part of the community but he is still capable of doing this crime". You, family, have to come to terms with that.
5. LE referencing what the family is going to think of BG once he is caught - letting the family know that they understand this was not their fault, they know the family is going to think badly of him, the family is not part of the crime, the family would never condone this murder, etc.
6. LE referencing the girls not being where the BG left them (can't remember how this was phrased). I think this speaks to both the BG and his family. A jab at the BG as well as a comfort to BG's family. It can all be over, the girls are not suffering any longer, put an end to it.

There may have been more but the main thing I took away from that PC was that he was not actually addressing the BG and a lot of what he was saying and doing had some specific people in mind, and that person was not me (ie. the general TV audience).

I really didn't want to be the one to mention this, but what if "Guys" was spoken after the murders? "Guys, why did you make me do this to you?" Now I'm just off to use the brain bleach.

MOO The audio being spliced is quite possible.

MOO That we know of Police have:
audio of voice
sketch with a long distinctive chin
a witness
video head mannerisms
corrected age range to 20-30
short height
heavier build
local accent
local terrain knowledge

MOO I think they are going to get him.

- The Usual Suspects

BBM = Bolded By Me

ETA: Abbreviations and Acronyms LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Last edited:
Welcome ejtheintj! In this case, I personally believe this IS the root of BG's problems. Keep your mind open and listen. We have some great physical and mental health members here. I am convinced BG's issues stem from something that occurred about 10 years ago that had a devastating effect on him. What the trigger was/is for this atrocious act he committed, I have no idea. And, I don't think he is serial killer, but who knows. JMO

That sounds like trauma more so than some congenital condition. For instance, people in the EAR/ONS communities would find some intersex condition or whatnot and make this fit the profile based on witnesses describing him as not being well endowed. Possible? Of course!

It is but nobody has been executed since 2009 so BG would likely to be looking at LWOP life in prison without the possibility of parole.
He will have a tough time adjusting initially, but he will quickly learn that he can play many roles in jail - entertainer, teacher, preacher, liar, chameleon, etc.

It's been over two years. Makes you wonder if BG has, indeed, killed again.
Because they believe he is local, and because they believe he is still in the area, I think it’s unlikely that he has killed again.

We haven’t heard about any similar crimes perpetrated in the surrounding area.

did they use any dogs? I can't tell from that photo but it might have looked much different in person.
I'm not sure what photo you are referring to but I can't remember if they used dogs or not. I don't remember reading about it, but someone else can probably answer that question.
I was replying to the idea that there was a lack of blood at the crime scene.
I think it may have been hard to tell, since dried blood would be a brownish red color which blends in with the earthy colors one would find in the woods. Especially in that time of year. Jmo

Is Indiana a death penalty state for crimes like this one?

It probably came up over the past two years.

I doubt it. Ironically, it is cheaper to keep them alive for years than do the same - keep them alive on the death row for years + spend the money on constant appeals.

Whatever. Life is OK. Not only is he a killer, he is a constant danger to the community.

I don't believe the searchers were ever close that night. IIRC, they expected the girls to be lost on the trails or downstream. moo

ETA: Instead, they were found on private property and upstream.

I’d like to reflect specifically upon how “upstream/downstream” applies here and corresponds relatively with the known crime scene locations. I feel like I need an “arrow image” or something.

these are eastern woods....In February the sound of voices would carry..

...as would a gun shot..

the bridge and trail were not on top of a lonely mountain in Wyoming.....it was right near homes/farms/cemetery and a busy road..

.we know there were other kids left on the trail when the girls first got there....we have read where there were some other people there out walking.....

its a mystery how this creep got control of the girls unless he had a gun, unless he grabbed Abby and held a knife to her throat.

...Libby has been spoken of as being a hero and fought hard,because if he did grab the smaller of the two, Abby I believe, Libby could have run...

..she did not run.

..she did not abandon her friend....

I have thought about this- if it is the way it was going, maybe she would not have been able to forgive herself if she had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1