Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. Gang members, if they don't end up in jail (and can't get a job afterwards as felons), too, tend to settle down in early to mid-30es.

What we call "gang activity", to a degree, is also very stupid behavior of young people. But they do get in groups to commit it. I have seen kids get in a juvy for breaking into a pizza shop and stealing pizzas - in a group. Not a dangerous thing, but the group factor made it look like a gang.

Now, impulsive behavior of young men in typically group-driven. On a positive note, one can work with a group (e.g., AA or NA). These lone serial killers are a problem because they are typically outside the groups.

I think we may agree. I’d think it likely that gang members tend to settle down in their 30s—or be in prison. Either way, not adding as much to the crime statistics—which is what I was saying.

My thoughts this morning: It's neither here nor there because we have been told by LE that the sketches represent two different people but I'm not buying it. I'm just not. The wording of the suspect's description on the FBI posters essentially did not change from OBG to NBG. "The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. His eye color is unknown." If this is to be believed, there were TWO individuals who represented this exact same description on the trail that day, neither of whom came forward or have been publicly identified by LE. The only difference is, on the NBG poster, the FBI added the words, "The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger." I am an accountant. Numbers are very interesting to me. Only 1 to 2 percent of the population has red hair. Again, it seems highly unlikely that there were TWO white males, between 5 foot 6 and five foot ten, weighing 180 - 220 lbs with reddish brown hair on the trail at the same time. It's not impossible but when all of this is said and done, I think there is more to this.

Totally with you, 100%!

The only way I can reconcile the two sketches with the facts, as LE has released them, is that the new sketch represents BG as he may look like now, suggesting he was bearded and wore a hat around the time of the murders and has since shaved and gone bare-headed to conceal his appearance. It's the only way I can make the original sketch be "secondary" and the new sketch primary—even though I realize that the "new" sketch chronologically pre-dates the "original."

But if they are two different people, then—thinking out loud—could this have been a father/son team, like Don and Dan Nichols who murdered Kari Swenson? But what are the odds of that happening again?

This is the best I can do with the available evidence that has been released to us.

Just wondering from those of you who study serial killers. What is the average age one begins to be a serial killer. Seems unlikely to me that someone in their 40s would suddenly start a serial killing regime.

I'm still am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that BG is a younger guy. Nothing about the video or audio is telling my brain he's a 20 or 30 something year old.
They believe he is between 25-35, and may look younger than his age.
Many serial killers start out killing animals at a young age, then graduate to killing people.
Some can control their urges for a long time, and spend years fantasizing before they carry out the crime.
I don't know what the average age is among serial killers for their first kill, but I suppose it's possible for them to resist the urge for many years, especially if they are a respectable member of their community.
I guess it's hard to say what is "normal" for a psychopathic serial killer. Jmo

BBM and totally agree.

It is the media sometimes isn't it that gives them a name? That has to stop and they need to give them names no one wanting notorious fame would want to be known by... imo.

Coward is a good word to include no doubt because they likely feel erroneously they are invincible and smarter than the average bear... So not true.

agree- so I hereby nominate you to notify all journalists and tweeters that the new name for this murderous dweeb is
"Coward of Carroll County"

Curious as to why it seems people think Libby would have been the one he was after instead of Abby?
Maybe both? Who knows. We don't know the motivation behind the murders whether it was sexually motivated, anger motivated or to cover up something else. Was he a complete stranger to them or possibly someone they knew of through family or other acquaintances. So much we don't yet know. I have a gut feeling we will find out, just not sure how long it will take LE to get enough evidence to prove the case.

Do we know if the audio has been taken from the video(a bit that hasn't yet been released to us)or if it was an actual audio recording?i know it doesn't make a difference to the case I just wondered.How brave and smart of these girls either way to have recorded bg at all.hope they get justice.

My thoughts this morning: It's neither here nor there because we have been told by LE that the sketches represent two different people but I'm not buying it. I'm just not. The wording of the suspect's description on the FBI posters essentially did not change from OBG to NBG. "The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. His eye color is unknown." If this is to be believed, there were TWO individuals who represented this exact same description on the trail that day, neither of whom came forward or have been publicly identified by LE. The only difference is, on the NBG poster, the FBI added the words, "The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger." I am an accountant. Numbers are very interesting to me. Only 1 to 2 percent of the population has red hair. Again, it seems highly unlikely that there were TWO white males, between 5 foot 6 and five foot ten, weighing 180 - 220 lbs with reddish brown hair on the trail at the same time. It's not impossible but when all of this is said and done, I think there is more to this.

I have not said it but will now, I cannot think of a person I know off of the top of my head with reddish brown hair, either female or male. This weekend I saw a family with three children and each child was a total redhead and mom was a faded redhead. I remarked to the person with me after we engaged with this family in a bit of chitchat how rare that is, I could not think of the last time I saw a family of redheads, it honestly has been decades for me.

So I see your point in what are the odds two people on the trail had this hair color, height, etc.

I add in the curly hair and to me that is fairly rare as well. Then the strong chin. If they want people to focus on certain attributes and these are not correct, I would not add things that are fairly rare, especially in combination. So we have a somewhat young reddish brown curly haired man with a notable chin? From the area or connected to the area. That actually sounds like a pretty rare combination and as if he would not be too hard to name...

Have the flyers always stated "person or persons who committed this crime?"
I just had another terrible thought. I'm having a lot over this case. What if BG wasn't alone? What if he had a twisted buddy with him, hiding under the bridge? Is this possible? Apologies if this was discussed on earlier threads.

The multi-agency task force investigating the deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams is giving an update on the tips they have received since the April 22 update.

Indiana State Police say a total of 2735 tips came to a task force via email, tip line and directly to participating law enforcement agencies since the update. This includes 2,200 emails, 400 calls and an additional 135 calls and or walk-ins to local police departments and state police posts around the state.

Police investigating Delphi case receive more than 2,000 tips following April update

I’m so glad so many tips are coming in and hope they provide the lead required.

Thank you, No it’s not, I am posting this over in the media thread as well. Do you have a url for this release so I may copy and paste it’s contents in text form? Tia.

Also, while I’ve got you on the line, would you happen to have a source link for the “leaf image”? Thanks in advance.

—-
Embedding within thread:

indiana-delphi-isp-flyer-5-06-19-png.182851

Hi M, I received the flyer via email. Here is the text:

mail

LAFAYETTE DISTRICT
5921 State Road 43
West Lafayette, IN 47906

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Kim Riley
Public Information Officer

May 6, 2019

Delphi Double Homicide Investigation Tip Information

Delphi-Since the news briefing on April 22, 2019, the Multi-Agency Task Force has received over 2,200 emails, 400 calls and an additional 135 calls and or walk-ins to local police departments and state police posts around the state. The total amount since the inception of the email and tip line is over 42,000.

Please remember that we are looking for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who committed this crime.

• Be specific as possible to a description
  • Name and age if possible
  • A connection to Delphi and that person’s location or address at this time
  • Leaving information on how we can contact you for possible clarification of your tip is helpful but not required
  • Tips can remain anonymous
If you have a tip, no matter how insignificant you feel it might be, contact us by email at abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or phone at 844-459-5786.

RILEY

-30-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members