Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Ian Huntley who murdered Jessica and
Holly.

Yes, I realized that I wrote the name of the man who found them instead of the man who murdered them, but it was too late to edit. The point remains the same, however. They're still Ian's first murders.

The question asked was very specific: name someone whose first murders were doubles. Not name someone who has other crimes in their background or was a skeevy individual to begin with. I have no doubt that, if looked into BG's background, LE will find other examples of suspicious activity if not downright charges.

Leazenby’s quotes are so similar to what Tricia always says:

"Put yourself in that person's position," he said. "How would you feel if you were the one being advertised and not necessarily in a good way?"
Sheriff speaks out about side-by-side comparisons of Delphi murder suspect sketch

“Please STOP posting side-by-side pictures of people you think did this. You are ruining innocent people’s lives. Before posting a side by side, imagine that is your son, brother, or father.

“If you have a tip, we have given you the proper way to report it.

“abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 844-459-5786. ““
Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch
—-

On another note, this from just January:

“Rumor 1: “New Evidence”

One rumor floating around in recent days has been the appearance of “new evidence” in the murder investigation.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says he wants to stress to the public that there has not been any new evidence in the case. He says investigators are and will continue looking at the evidence they do have in new ways to make sure there isn’t something they’ve missed.

Sheriff Leazenby says all of the evidence from their investigation has been analyzed in the Indiana State Police labs as they continue to work with the FBI and Indiana State Police. He says there is no "new" evidence, but their investigators will continue to look for new ways to review the evidence that they already have.“
Delphi: Officials say Internet rumors can hurt investigation
Jan 20, 2019
—-

Just found a cool link with @Tricia talking about this case and Websleuths:
Websleuths's Tricia Griffith Has Some Advice for Amateur Detectives
23 Mar, 2017

“Tricia: It still happens to this day. We’re discussing the Abigail Williams and Liberty German case right now. People wanted to discuss a person that many people were discussing on Facebook, but who hadn’t been named as a suspect. We had to remove a lot of posts and time out a few people.

My advice is this: remember that you don’t have all the information that law enforcement officers have. We have the info that the media has. If you’re going to do this, work with the information you have, and do NOT point fingers at any specific person. If you’ve discovered something you think is big enough to warrant investigation, we encourage you to send it to the police.

However, I beg you, do not keep sending stuff over and over again. Not only does it overload them, but it makes Websleuths a nuisance instead of an asset. They don’t want to deal with us because we’re overloading them and possibly taking up resources they could use to pursue other viable tips. Use common sense, and don’t buy into rumors. Only use the facts at hand. And there are plenty of facts out there. In the Abby and Libby case, people have been posting maps and measurements, all kinds of details. The stuff they’ve done with just what they have is amazing. But people can get overly enthusiastic because they’re trying to do something good. They’re emotionally invested.“
-more at link

Last edited:
Charlie Keever and Jonathan Sellers

ETA killer’s name is Scott Erskine. I hate typing his name along with the names of his innocent victims :(

Well he actually is suspected of killing many people and was charged for an earlier murder of a girlfriend. Scott Erskine - Wikipedia

However, I believe there have been cases where a double murder of two kids can be the first murder. Opportunity and obsession can enable to such a thing.

By the way, that Erksine defect of a human is closer to how I've viewed BG as looking!

Clearly wrong!

Last edited:
maybe the extra word and the tiny one extra step was to tease the unsub......he has to be thinking..."what else do they got".....now we need to know what the cops think the unsubs next move would be.......grow a beard....leave the area....suicide....because clearly the whole point of the PC was not to the public....it was to the perp and those close to him that might know.
Whats an unsubs?

««chucklin»» Ain't it just amazin' what you find when ya read all the way through an article?? Ives PLAINLY wants to prosecute this case, WHICH is the reason he rescinded his "retirement". The way I see that is he thinks this investigation is (now) on track AND prosecutable. I think I'll trust his judgement.
MOO, MOO

Maybe he resigned/retired because he didn’t agree with some aspect of the investigation. Probably not but who knows. His coming back is the only reason I have any thoughts that an arrest might be coming within the next six months. I hope he does get to prosecute it. I didn’t much care for the new guy.

In a world that's dominated by globalization, the lines separating language differences are becoming increasingly blurry. From television shows and movies to You Tube videos, international friends chatting online, and the fact that we're now traveling further and more than we ever have, IMO it's no longer as easy to say that in X location people ONLY use this or that word. I live in KY and I've seen several people say that in Kentucky we don't say X word, which is not my experience at all. Or that in X state, people don't use Y word. Travel around that state and you're going to find examples of people who use words or phrases that others do not. IMO the "guys" reference won't help any strangers determine which area BG is from, but it MIGHT help someone in his life recognize the manner in which he says the word.

I was reading a few notes this morning from my archive. I found an interview with Dr Phil where Kelsie retold some key events from the day they were searching for Libby and Abby.

All I can r
emember in our past threads is that someone mentioned there was the sighting of possible evidence of a shoe(s) at the scene.

Do any posters remember in any of the WS threads the following conversation with Kelsie from the Dr Phil Show?

The Dr Phil show
The Indiana Train Track Murders: The Search for a Killer
Video Posted or published December 13,2017​

The Indiana Train Track Murders: The Search for a Killer
<Snip>
Kelsie recalled the searchers yelled up the hill to her from the murder scene, asking if she knew what the girls were wearing. Kelsi yelled back the color of Libby's shoes."We found them," Kelsi recalled them yelling to her.But she wasn't allowed to go to the girls. Neither were Libby's grandparents, Mike and Becky Patty, with whom she lived, or Williams' mother.Police have not said how the girls were killed.
In
February, police released a photo of the killer taken by Libby on her cellphone, and they released an audio recording of the killer ordering the girls down the hill.That was broadcast on Wednesday's show, too, as was the sketch published in July of the suspect.The sketch comes from witnesses, but Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said that at least one Delphi resident had a face-to-face encounter with the killer.The Pattys and Williams debunked long-reported rumors of a blurry image of the killer beside a tree next to the bridge or pictured in the distance at the end of the bridge.Mike Patty explained that the supposed image of a man lurking behind the tree is impossible because the of the steep slope down to the creek.
Reading this is so sad. I ache for Kelsie and her family. I pray for this family to stay strong. Justice will come for precious Libby and Abby.

MOO

Last edited:
I ran across this video today and I don’t recall seeing it before. Maybe I did and just forgot.

This video is from the early days. The man was working near the bridge that day. I wonder what the man (with the Shofar) saw and reported?

WTHR video. @ 2:42 mark

Thanks for this link. I don’t remember seeing this before.

I too think parents could be covering.
The thought of their beloved child being convicted could be keeping them quiet.They could be in denial.
Their whole social standing and life style would be in ruins if it was revealed it was their son.
My feeling is that LE are convinced they know who the killer is. They need time and "a little help from their friends" (community and those close to the killer) to cement it for an arrest. Carter's emotional address and body language speaks volumes. IMHO :)

“Kelsi German helped searchers identify the bodies by the color of her sister’s shoes.

“I yelled down to them. I told them they were Lilly’s shoes,” she said. “They yelled again that they found them.”

Mike Patty, Libby’s grandfather, said the attacker somehow made the girls feel vulnerable.

“Was it a gun or a knife, was it some sort of weapon, or the girls, they would say, ‘I’m not going down the hill, are you crazy.’”

https://www.wthr.com/article/delphi...n-dr-phil-fuels-hope-that-case-will-be-solved
DEC 13TH, 2017

(This article has written “Lilly” which is obviously an error.)

Oh my goodness, the strangest thought just hit me while I was cooking:

Maybe Leazenby is reading here because something he said sounded exactly like something @Tricia said. Maybe just a coincidence. Let me check something. Pulling quotes:

1: "Put yourself in that person's position," he said. "How would you feel if you were the one being advertised and not necessarily in a good way?"
Link

&

“Please STOP posting side-by-side pictures of people you think did this. You are ruining innocent people’s lives. Before posting a side by side, imagine that is your son, brother, or father.

“If you have a tip, we have given you the proper way to report it.

“abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 844-459-5786. ““
Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch

Sounds similar to what Tricia always says:

2: Looking for quote

Maybe just a coincidence but it sounded similar.

——

On another note, this from just January:

“Rumor 1: “New Evidence”

One rumor floating around in recent days has been the appearance of “new evidence” in the murder investigation.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says he wants to stress to the public that there has not been any new evidence in the case. He says investigators are and will continue looking at the evidence they do have in new ways to make sure there isn’t something they’ve missed.

Sheriff Leazenby says all of the evidence from their investigation has been analyzed in the Indiana State Police labs as they continue to work with the FBI and Indiana State Police. He says there is no "new" evidence, but their investigators will continue to look for new ways to review the evidence that they already have.“
Delphi: Officials say Internet rumors can hurt investigation
Jan 20, 2019
—-

Just found a cool link with @Tricia talking about this case and Websleuths:
Websleuths's Tricia Griffith Has Some Advice for Amateur Detectives
23 Mar, 2017

I wouldn't doubt that LE check in on most of the groups from time to time, but this sounds coincidental to me. I've heard people elsewhere using similar wording for both this case and others.

Then again, I see too many times, on tv and news reports of someone killing their friend,family member,girlfriend and Mom is on tv denying loudly that their child had anything to do with it. The Chris Watts case comes to mind....his mother will never admit that her little boy did anything wrong. It would take a lot of courage and REAL love to turn someone in that has done something so heinous. Yet, it is the right thing to do.

In Chris Watt's case, I believe mom knows the Truth but doesn't care because he hated her daughter-in-law, Shanan. Still, not 100% her trash talking didn't give Chris the idea it would be ok if he got ride of the problem. Make NK and mom both happy at the same time.

My feeling is that LE are convinced they know who the killer is. They need time and "a little help from their friends" (community and those close to the killer) to cement it for an arrest. Carter's emotional address and body language speaks volumes. IMHO :)
"Directly to the killer who may be in this room..." indicates that they don't know who the killer is. That, and pretty much the rest of the press conference. It seems obvious that they need help identifying the killer because they don't know who it is. JMO.

Hi everyone. I have been away for quite some time and haven't followed any of the discussion on this case but was certainly glad to see the "new info" released to the public. Hopefully with this new sketch and the new video & audio it'll be the break needed to finally ID and arrest this piece of human trash.

The word "Control" seemed to be used in the PC by the Supt.
to describe this crime and I took it as a motive for the crime.
Here's an article that talks about it as a motive and describes
a few more details about the potential perp.
Serial Homicide for Power and Control

Fascinating article, thanks for posting. The thing that stood out to me regarding BTK:

"Prior to his arrest, Rader was married for thirty-four years with two children, a Boy Scout leader, employed as a local government official and was the president of his church congregation."

I cannot imagine the horror Boy Scout members (parents included), government officials, and church members must have felt when BTK was arrested. Not to mention family members. I remember watching an interview with his daughter on tv. The family's first reaction was "there's some sort of mistake- it couldn't be him." IMO, based on the recent PC, LE believes the community may have the same reaction when BG is arrested.

I think I may have been traumatized to learn a man I sat next to in church on Sundays could be capable of such atrocities. Talk about a man who hid in plain sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesleigh719