Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I followed this case here on WS off and on in the last year or so (I joined a little over a year ago). So, I may have missed something....

I am confused. When did the "young guy" sketch have a goatee added? Before yesterday, I had only seen that drawing as a clean-shaven face.

(I guess my question is -- did that drawing with a goatee exist previously or did someone create a version after RA was identified in order to create a better comparison between his photo and the witness sketch?)

Thanks in advance for any insight.

If I look at the photos of him in his wife's Fbk, then I do see a resemblance to the sketches. If I look at the photo of him in front of the sketch poster in a local bar or whatever, with his extra weight and lightened eyebrows? and change in hairstyle I don't see a resemblance. I think this may be why some see he looks like the sketches and some don't, depending on which past/present photos they go by. It just shows that he did greatly change his appearance, as LE said he would.
Is it a blue dress or gold dress???

I followed this case here on WS off and on in the last year or so (I joined a little over a year ago). So, I may have missed something....

I am confused. When did the "young guy" sketch have a goatee added? Before yesterday, I had only seen that drawing as a clean-shaven face.

(I guess my question is -- did that drawing with a goatee exist previously or did someone create a version after RA was identified in order to create a better comparison between his photo and the witness sketch?)

Thanks in advance for any insight.
I've never seen the 2nd sketch with facial hair, so that must be new. Is there a link to this one?

If this married man has had or still has jobs in the public eye, is it possible that our two victims recognized him?

TobeL. seemed to think he'd heard the "Down the Hill" voice before. This suspect walked among those in the community since nearly forever residing near victim AW's home. LEO felt their killer lived, worked, or frequently visited Delphi.

How many times has he seen AW in the past years? Or KG? Or Libby?

Did he attend church? Not for religious discussion but rather possibly attending churches families affiliated with.

I've never seen the 2nd sketch with facial hair, so that must be new. Is there a link to this one?
Someone altered it to fit their narrative. Honestly, I think the second one is Tony Kline. The second is purportedly based on a description given by one of the girls' friend who had seen her talking to him on Snapchat. It is also purported in the leaked interview transcripts with Kegan Kline that his dad Tony had access to the Anthony Shots Snapchat account. The first sketch with the goatee resembles the bridge guy and Richard Allen to me. Given the level of police withholding of information, they all very well could be related in this.

Here's his alias in the article: Craigh Ross Rentfrow
When they mention his alias, when and where would that alias have been used and why I'm wondering. Would it not have been found out at some point if he used it regularly is my question. Interesting!

If I look at the photos of him in his wife's Fbk, then I do see a resemblance to the sketches. If I look at the photo of him in front of the sketch poster in a local bar or whatever, with his extra weight and lightened eyebrows? and change in hairstyle I don't see a resemblance. I think this may be why some see he looks like the sketches and some don't, depending on which past/present photos they go by. It just shows that he did greatly change his appearance, as LE said he would.
Lightened eyebrows? In the pic in front of the poster? I don’t have it now, but is that why he looked so different?

I have to wonder, am I the only one who doesn't think RA looks like either sketch? I mean, maybe the first one, a little, but not the 2nd one.
I agree with you. He sort of fits the sketches but so have most of the Delphi suspects. IMO his lips are off...too full bottom lip, his eyes are not hooded like the 1st sketch, eyebrows are not shapely, face shape is too round, and I do not see the bulbous nose. AND, I do not understand how the witness(es) didn't emphasize his very short stature.

Last edited:
The topic of religion was never proposed as a line on inquiry although people did sometimes interpret that to be, IMO it was simply a reflection of Carter’s and Abby and Libby’s family members personal religious convictions.
I was referring to this:

“I recently watched a movie called 'The Shack.' There’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity," Carter said. "To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left (German and Williams) in that woods is not what they’re experiencing today."

so maybe I should have just said "conscience," and not religion per se

Specifying the height in feet and inches just seems a far more clear cut and professional approach to me so I‘m not going to criticize. How would anyone know what “short“ is supposed to suggest - 4’6” is also short. And 5’4” to 5’8” is an average height in some cultures.
But it's not average height in the u.s. and that is where this occurred. And again, they're dealing with the PUBLIC. Not professionals.
You have to use familiar terms if you want good info. That's policing 101.

Excellent summary! LE either already had RMA high on the suspect list at this time or Carter is psychic.

This press conference was held April 22, 2019 and long before KAK was even charged, one of the reasons I doubt the K’s are connected. JMO
Curious MW as to why you feel the K's aren't involved?

To me KAKs little excursion and subsequent search of the river lines up perfectly with a new arrest.

Also KAK admitted to interacting with and setting up a meet with Libby the day of the murder but 'didn't follow through' :rolleyes: .........

I want to put it out there that I’m thoroughly impressed with Carter and everyone working on this case. I was impressed from the start but have to admit I had started to question Carter’s comments at that one press conference in which he stated there has been a change in the investigation. He seemed so certain of his words and how he was describing the murderer so I just knew it wouldn’t be long…but it was long and I started to lose faith. I began to doubt that LE actually knew as much as Carter made it seem. I started to believe he was just eccentric and there was little behind his words. BOY was I WRONG! He described this guy (if this is truly the guy) very accurately. Below are just a few comments but I recall others that match.

“We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here.”

“We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 (okay this was wrong) but might appear younger than his true age.”

“We believe you were hiding in plain sight.”

“…I believe that when an arrest is made — and I still think that will happen, that we’ll be able to lay those two sketches over one another and remove them and find the face of the killer.”

Now, I’m curious if he was accurate about these comment:

“We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you.”

“We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.”

“No, and I hope one day [when the case is solved] that everyone knows what we know, and I think you’ll be surprised.”

All taken from press conferences, interviews, and this link Indiana State Police leader on Delphi murders: 'I wish we could tell people what we know'

I want to say that I’m sorry for any doubts that I had but have always supported LE conducting this investigation.

All IMO

This is such a great post praising law enforcement, in particular, Doug Carter.

I very much agree it's been a rich blessing to have his efficiency. I never lost faith in Carter but the long wait was agonizing. For the families, they had to wake up saying "Today is the Day" so hope was not lost. May there be justice for these two precious children and their community.

Someone altered it to fit their narrative. Honestly, I think the second one is Tony Kline. The second is purportedly based on a description given by one of the girls' friend who had seen her talking to him on Snapchat. It is also purported in the leaked interview transcripts with Kegan Kline that his dad Tony had access to the Anthony Shots Snapchat account. The first sketch with the goatee resembles the bridge guy and Richard Allen to me. Given the level of police withholding of information, they all very well could be related in this.
what? Tony talked to Libby on Snapchat and the sketch was based off of him by one of her friends? i’ve been following this case since it happened and have never ever heard such a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck