Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘He called this a "development" that is not the end of the investigation but rather opening up a new chapter.’
Uhhhh what the heck does THAT mean??
Right...I guess we'll have to trust him for the time being.
RAs right to a speedy trial began to run yesterday so, unless there is a waiver, they have six months (if Indiana follows the same rules I'm used to hear and read) to put him on trial for what he was arrested.

IMO.

I mean that didn't take a genius to figure out honestly. He was always most likely a local. (The state by state billboards baffled me).
But that's a good safe bet to throw out there to make the perp think you're closer to him than you really are.

I'm not implying it was a breakthrough, just saying it gets me emotional.

The element of the whole case that bugged me no end was the dismissal of cat fishing.

I felt from the get -go Libby factory resetting her phone was a BIG DEAL.

EXACTLY!
Cute young girls want to meet a cute older, young guy in his teens or 20's not 50 year old out of shape dad's.
They probably Anoithony Shots could be real and wanted to find out.

I mean that didn't take a genius to figure out honestly. He was always most likely a local. (The state by state billboards baffled me).
But that's a good safe bet to throw out there to make the perp think you're closer to him than you really are.
I am far from being a genius, that's for sure. I don't see anything obvious or easy to figure out about this case. Even with the developments yesterday, I still can't figure it out.

I posted this back in July 2017 and thought it’d be interesting for us to rewatch. It was reported that the sketch came from people who saw BG in the area on the day of the murders, and that some people were “close enough to see BG’s eyes" …

Last edited:
My take is these creepy older guys used attractive photos of a younger guy on the anothony_shots profile, and catfished the girls.
That's what I am thinking at the moment too (subject to change as we learn more). But that means coordination among perps and that's so hard to take. Were they like wolves circling prey, working together?!

yeah true Izzy

IMO the video has weirdly hindered the investigation because in all honesty the appearance could have applied to every middle aged, slightly tubby caucasian male out there.
Even then its only his mannerisms that make him seem older.
The only people it excluded was all women, A/A males etc.

BG kinda resembles everyone in that field yet resembles nobody :-/

HIs generic dad's body look helps him avoid capture.
It worked for the BTK killer. He looked like a nerdy older guy. Lots of people look like these guys.

That's what I am thinking at the moment too (subject to change as we learn more). But that means coordination among perps and that's so hard to take. Were they like wolves circling prey, working together?!

with child *advertiser censored* rings the criminals do work together in little tight communities. Disgusting and terrifying that they exist.

sure...its not like conviction right away but ppl are still taking this towards the group catfishing road..

We don’t know what happened. But that’s why we are here, to discuss all of the possibilities. What is the issue with taking it “down the catfishing road”? Seems like a completely plausible theory to me and one that is more likely, but this is JMO.

My guess is that there's been a lot of behind the scenes work before now ?
Glad LE were able to keep it under wraps, very little information until now.
I'm curious if RA was taken by surprise ?
M00
I have these same questions. To be honest, I had distanced myself from this case because I’d come to believe it would never be solved. I’m so grateful that law enforcement didn’t give up, and obviously worked hard at solving it.

I don't understand how he stayed under the radar for 5 years. Some users on Redditt say they always saw him at CVS and saw the similar8tie between him and the sketch
This was a really tough case to begin with. Then add the public pressure to DO SOMETHING and you get a lot of confirmation bias in LE and knee jerk reactions and desperate rabbit holes.

I'm not sure if they employed a good criminal profiler, but they should have. The "POI" that have been bandied about honestly have no rhyme or reason from a profiling perspective.
This dude is the only one i have seen that makes actual sense from a profiling standpoint (with TK possibly coming in second).
But that doesn't really help you find the person of you have nothing else to go on.
I think LE didn't give the public enough info and that BAFFLES me. If he had a gun to subdue them, then SAY SO! GOSH that would've been helpful. What clothing was missing? What in earth wouldn't they release that info? The tips they could've gotten just from that alone would have been so helpful.

I don't care how educated or experienced you are in investigations, if you don't have the "it" factor or the "nack" for it, you won't be very good at your job. And i assure you most that do it, don't have the nack for it. And the ones that do are usually ignored or pushed aside for more conventional methodology. The problem is that when the same old methods don't render results, then those without a nack for it are lost. That's how we get so many cold cases.

Haven't they had the ability to put the squeeze on KK for more than 5 years?
He's been in custody for more than 2 years.
Possibly. However KK had a court hearing about 9 days ago and was given a January trial date so new information may have come out connecting him to RA.

I dont know why you still trying to tie this to KAK
he lives there by the murder location ! .. he was there all the time and any stupid slip ..he is gone
he didnt try to run to another state.. say another country
he is that BRAZEN just like his murder .. possibly felt safer with all the unrelated dramas that was on

if he was hiding in plain sight .. why didnt they look there first

right
IIRC, you've been expressing for quite awhile that KAK is not the culprit and that LE is not very professional. An opinion to which you are entitled.

IMO the fact that not only an arrest has been made, but that Kelsi German said that "today is the day," leads me to believe that RA is, in fact, the one. Whether or not he is tied in any way to KAK is something we will likely hear on Monday or perhaps not until trial.

It seems to me, though, that LE has been methodical and diligent. Clearly they have developed evidence now that they either didn't know earlier, or they needed to make sure they had enough to make the case stick in court.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your second question. LE cannot haphazardly arrest every man who is in plain sight, without evidence. We've never known everything LE knows, and after five plus years, I'm content to wait one more weekend to hear from them.

Separately, I'm also very curious about the burn pit.
If he burnt something that is essential to the case, if he did that five years ago, what would remain by now? OR did LE start to close in now, maybe due to new information, perhaps from KAK, and RA rushed now to try to destroy evidence?

Monday, Monday.

IMO

This was a really tough case to begin with. Then add the public pressure to DO SOMETHING and you get a lot of confirmation bias in LE and knee jerk reactions and desperate rabbit holes.

I'm not sure if they employed a good criminal profiler, but they should have. The "POI" that have been bandied about honestly have no rhyme or reason from a profiling perspective.
This dude is the only one i have seen that makes actual sense from a profiling standpoint (with TK possibly coming in second).
But that doesn't really help you find the person of you have nothing else to go on.
I think LE didn't give the public enough info and that BAFFLES me. If he had a gun to subdue them, then SAY SO! GOSH that would've been helpful. What clothing was missing? What in earth wouldn't they release that info? The tips they could've gotten just from that alone would have been so helpful.

I don't care how educated or experienced you are in investigations, if you don't have the "it" factor or the "nack" for it, you won't be very good at your job. And i assure you most that do it, don't have the nack for it. And the ones that do are usually ignored or pushed aside for more conventional methodology. The problem is that when the same old methods don't render results, then those without a nack for it are lost. That's how we get so many cold cases.

I agree with so much of this. LE believe keeping all of the evidence / info etc to themselves is crucial, and while it may very well be - but I do wonder how many more cases, including this one, would be solved/further along in the investigative process if they just chose to release more info than they originally do at the beginning of a case? It is frustrating to say the least. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay