Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised they haven’t charged him yet if he is the sole perp. He’s been arrested and is being held but not charged yet? I’m curious to know if another shoe is yet to drop (i.e., TK). They may be giving him a chance to talk first. Pure speculation on my part.

Hoooow are we going to pass the time until Monday??? There’s been so many false alarms in this case that I’m still afraid of getting my hopes up. It’s incredible how deeply touched everyone has been by Abby and Libby. Just two nice, normal girls enjoying a day off of school by getting some fresh air and exercise, and THIS happens. Every parent’s nightmare.

Not seen much from Delphi locals yet

Would be interesting to hear from those who know him

Where did he work at the time and did he disappear off radar for a while? Check himself into a psych hospital for example!? He seems to have no previous so it would be likely he ‘shocked’ himself and needed time to think rationally. Even the sickest, most evil person would reel from a crime this big

“…….We connected Thursday with Áine Cain and Kevin Greenlee of the "Murder Sheet" podcast to talk about the latest developments.

"We actually drove up to Delphi, Indiana in order to try to figure out what's going on," Cain said.

Cain and Greenlee have been digging into the case for their podcast for a long time now.

"This is an incredibly huge and significant development for the Delphi case," said Cain. "Police haven't arrested anyone so far, prior to this."

They're working to learn more about Friday's arrest of Allen, too.

"The name you mentioned is not a name we heard before today," said Greenlee.

Until the Monday morning news conference with the Delphi Double Homicide Task Force, no one is talking officially….”
Thursday?

there was a lot of attention given to the jumpers/sweaters the girls wore, i think that's potentially what's been missing .

that's a pretty bulky item to hide, iv heard of jewellery and underwear before

you'd think if it was something like a jumper they would have released photos of them so people could keep an eye out for them ?

Any clips of his voice out there?

Late to the party, but I wonder -- if RA is indeed a pharmacy tech at CVS, did he work the drive-up?

In that situation, the voice is somewhat separate from the face in your memory. Did someone finally place that voice?

Pondering, now going back to read 3 pages of post to see how many fellow posters thought of this yesterday. :rolleyes:

jmho ymmv lrr

Perhaps they’re waiting until Monday in order to get him to confess?

‘Sit down Richard. Here’s why we know it’s you, X Y and Z. Now if you confess you go to jail for the rest of your life, but if you plead not guilty you will be convicted and you will face the death penalty. You have until Monday morning to decide.’

Maybe they’ll show him the evidence they have so he can’t really deny it?!

Law enforcement have kept a lot of facts of this case from the public since the day it happened. Get the feeling some really sick *advertiser censored* will come out soon once he's formally charged.
Depends they could go down the route that Daybell trial had happen where they keep sealing stuff
they've already had stuff sealed in this one too
but you would expect at least some details of how he was connected and found etc

Yesterday, I posted that I didn't think an arrest was imminent. I've never been so happy to be wrong! I'm as shocked as you all! So glad for their families!

(I also said that I didn't think KAK was the guy.) I wouldn't be surprised either way - if there was a connection to KAK, or if there wasn't. CSAM on RA's phone or computers would definitely not surprise me though.

RA fits my profile of what their killer would be like. Unassuming, under the radar, no overt signs. I also think he went there to hunt that day. I'm not one who believes it was a triggered event like the girls saying something that set him off. The fact that clothing was missing from the girls belies that for me. A trophy speaks to darker motivation.

Monday is going to be crazy for work! Darn it! I'll have to catch up on Tuesday!

Last edited:
“For those of us who came in contact with this suspect it’s kind of eerie,” Greene said.

“When do you hear of where they worked and how close they were it’s kind of like whoa, right here at our back door,” said Wardrip. “Kind of a terrifying feeling.”

“It’s scary that it really could be someone that you did know. Like they always say, it could be your neighbor or it could be someone that you know, but then you’re like no and when you find out it’s true, it’s kind of scary,” said Underhill.

Underhill said he recognized Allen as a fairly frequent customer of the pub he manages.

“I would talk; he wouldn’t say much. He seems like a normal guy,” said Underhill. “One of my servers was telling me that he wouldn’t speak much.”

Underhill also shared that Allen worked locally and interacted with community members frequently.

“When I will go into CVS as a customer myself, he would say do you need any help? I would be like no,” said Underhill. “Just like a normal guy that I’ve seen for the last couple years, not really thinking anything.”

“I would talk; he wouldn’t say much. He seems like a normal guy,” said Underhill. “One of my servers was telling me that he wouldn’t speak much.”

i feel like we're going to see a lot of quotes like that, with people saying " oh he seemed so normal"

just shows you its not always the ones who look crazy, sometimes its like they say.. its the quiet ones

Well it took 6 1/2 hours of reading to catch up with the thread. (Some say slow reader, I say desire to absorb each word and thought.) I can see why he was overlooked for so long...he didn't raise any flags or check any boxes.
1) I remember ISP Carter mentioned "he" would be very interested in the case. Hmmm, every parent of a teenager in that town was closely following the case and on its face would not raise any red flags.
2) His height...5'4"... 2 inches taller than Mickey Rooney and 5 inches shorter than the average American male.
Average height for men in the United States?
That's about 5 feet 9 inches tall.
3) And age 18-40? This guy was on the highest end of the age range, being age 45.
4) "Staging of a crime scene" is almost always done by an older white male...especially if the victim is female. (A good link to an interesting & short article)
Nite...zzzzzz
Can someone link where RA’s actual height is 5’4”?

Can someone link where official sources had a suspected height?

snipped...

WRTV reported that the man had already appeared in court on Friday.

So to keep my notes straight - I shall post this now even though it happened yesterday. And I can shorten this up a bit.

Friday, October 28th:
*First Appearance Hearing (@ am ET) IN – Abigail Joyce Williams (13) & Liberty Rose Lynn German (14) (Missing Feb. 13, 2017, found killed Feb. 14, 2017, after walking on a local hiking trail & were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the Monon High Bridge Trail, Delphi). – *Richard “Ricky”/”Rick” Matthew Allen (50) arrested & booked (10/27/22) into the Carroll County Jail on suspicion of murder.
4/19/21: Investigators who for years have been working to solve the killings of two girls in Delphi, Indiana, are looking into a kidnapping suspect in nearby Lafayette, Indiana, to see if there "might" be a connection, the sheriff said. There are "several factors" leading police working the 2017 Delphi killings to look into this month's alleged kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC News on Wednesday. In Lafayette -- about 20 miles away from Delphi -- a 10-year-old girl was reported missing on April 19, 2021, according to the probable cause affidavit filed on Tuesday. Officers were searching the neighborhood & spoke with James Brian Chadwell II, who allegedly said the girl had been at his home earlier, but had since left, according to the probable cause affidavit. Police asked Chadwell, 42, for his permission to check his home & Chadwell allowed the officers inside, the document said. In his basement -- which was secured with a chain lock -- officers found the missing girl, who was "visibly distraught & crying, with her clothing on the floor beside her," the document said. The girl "said Chadwell tried to kill her," according to the affidavit. Chadwell faces charges including attempted murder, child molestation, kidnapping & strangulation, according to records. A not guilty plea was entered on Chadwell's behalf. His next hearing is set for June 10. His public defender did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.
12/6/21 Update: Authorities say they have uncovered a social media profile named “Anthony shots” that is allegedly connected to the murders. The profile, in use from 2016 to 2017 on social media applications including Snapchat & Instagram, used fictitious images of a male model & portrayed the user as a wealthy individual who owned numerous cars, according to police. The creator of the profile used the information while connecting with young girls to solicit nude images, their addresses & attempt to meet the underage girls. Police say that the man pictured in the images is not a person of interest in the investigation, but detectives are seeking information about the person who created the fake profile.
5/17/22 Update: Search warrants obtained by a podcast & a local television station are shedding new light on an investigation into the murders of two teenage girls in Indiana. The warrants detail law enforcement dealings with a man upon whose property the girls’ bodies were discovered — a man who died earlier this year after being under the eye of law enforcement. Reports based off the warrants say the girls’ bodies turned up on property owned by Ron Logan. Logan’s house was reportedly about 1,400 feet away from where the bodies were found the day after the girls vanished. The teens reportedly lost a considerable amount of blood when they died. According to the warrants, the authorities apparently theorized that whoever killed the girls likely ended up with blood on their clothes & hands. “The murderer likely took a souvenir from the crime scene,” WXIN said, again citing the document; however, key portions of the police paperwork were redacted. The publicly available version of the warrant didn’t say what may have been missing from the crime scene, but the warrant did reportedly say the “rest of [the girls’] clothing was recovered.” The warrant also reportedly indicated that it “appeared the girls’ bodies were moved & staged.” It also is said to have asserted that the police found no evidence of a “struggle or fight.” Elsewhere, the warrant reportedly said that the killer may have either taken an item or photographs to “memorialize the crime scene.” Perhaps even more critical to the case was the supposed discovery of hairs & fibers — both of which are reportedly unidentified. Police documents have also revealed that an online account listed under the fictitious name “Anthony_shots” communicated with Libby the day she died, according to a recent FOX News report. The account contained the photograph of a male model, but the documents reportedly say the account belonged to Keegan Anthony Kline, 27, of Peru, Ind. Kline is charged separately with several child *advertiser censored* offenses. Kline has not been charged in connection with the girl’s deaths. The documents cited by FOX reportedly say that Kline admitted speaking with Libby but otherwise denied any knowledge of her death.
10/28/22 Update: Indiana State Police plan a Monday morning news conference to update the investigation of the Delphi murders & who might have killed Libby German & Abby Williams on Feb. 13, 2017. A news release published about 12:35pm Friday did not indicate what the update might be. The news conference is scheduled for 10am Monday, 10/31/22 at the Delphi United Methodist Church. The Journal & Courier will cover the news conference * publish the information shortly after the meeting. Fox 59 in Indianapolis is reporting that a man named Richard Allen, 50, was arrested & booked into the Carroll County Jail on suspicion of murder in connection to the girls' killings. Fox 59 reported that the man was moved to a state facility for his safety. Recently, Indiana state troopers searched the Wabash River in Peru, Indiana, about 40 minutes east-northeast of Delphi, in connection with the case. First appearance hearing on Friday, 10/28/22.
Thank you Niner! I always appreciate when you follow a case and provide these court updates. Hopefully this won’t be years of delays and setbacks.

Doug Kouns, retired FBI agent from the Indianapolis area, discussed one-time person of interest in the Delphi murder investigation Kegan Kline on NewsNation’s “Rush Hour.”

Kouns said it is “very likely” Kline, who admitted to using a fake online profile to solicit photos from at least 15 underage girls, is connected to the arrest of Allen.

I wonder if someone recognized the voice from the pharmacy. <modsnip>

seems odd to be a pharmacy tech in your 40s. Most who do that are young. I have several college students who do it as part time job. Odd that he would apply for that after the murders. Almost like he wants to taunt the community by being out so public. I am sure there are pharma techs in their 40s but it seems like an odd job to do all of a sudden. It can’t be that difficult for reporters to figure out his employment history( maybe recently laid off before murders?) but we should find out soon. Given spouse probably worked and child recently married, he might have had house all to himself day of murders to clean up etc. we don’t even know if it is possible that the girls were in his house or vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member