Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the emotion displayed by DC was compelling. They truly believe they have their monster, IMO.

What previous crimes was this guy charged with, if any. because a person just doesnt wake up one day and commit a double murder. There usually is a long trail of crimes leading up to a double murder. What is the background of the suspect?

I wish they would reveal if it was a tip that led them to the suspect.
I think someone close to him may have rolled on him because they also won't discuss the reward money. I also think that its likely the wife has since left town.

I'd like to ask: in a case like this where there are assets (his vehicle that they took away during their search recently), and the house itself, what happens to the assets (the house in the case) that aren't being held for evidence? Assuming the spouse is listed on any mortgage (if one exists), can a wife then turn around and sell it and use the proceeds from the sale to set herself up somewhere new? Would the suspect behind bars still have to sign off on any such sale? Would he still get half the proceeds from the house?

This is just based on my own opinions after hearing that presser. I got the impression they are strong in their belief about the evidence they currently have on RA regarding the actual murders of Abby and Libby. But I also think another reason they are not releasing more info and why they're not releasing the affadavit etc is I think they do think there are other players involved in this situation in some way.

Whether they were directly involved in the murders or involved in the planning/getaway/cover up etc, if LE were to release too much info right now not only could it jeopardise the conviction but if they are waiting for other tips to see what other people may be involved and potentially make other arrests, by showing any of their trump cards right now they could put that all at risk.

HLN is showing photos of the time period surrounding the search (October 13) warrant on the home. They removed bundles of something (neighbor couldn't tell but thought it could be clothing), and a Macy's shopping bag. They also searched the backyard, to include a shed.

They also towed his car after apparently showing him a warrant (a piece of paper was shown to him before the tow truck left).

Would love to see that... will google.

Fox59 livestream has an expert talking now about the two different subsections to the murder statute. There's murder and also felony murder (felony murder means a death occurs during the commission of another major crime). We don't know yet which subsection Richard Allen has been charged with.

Yep. My comment was re the repeated emphasis on “presumed innocent”, yet him being held without bail. Oh nevermind.
Some states have a no-bond rule for certain charges. I’m not sure about in Indiana, but no bond could be automatic. Plus, he’s got heavy charges—I think most everyone would be held with no bail in this situation whether or not such a rule existed.

I still believe the emphasis has nothing to do with his bail.

My hope is that LE knows they will be challenged about the sealed docs and will be ready to reveal when forced to by the courts. LE is buying for time, imo, because more arrests are to come and they want that evidence to be hidden until the arrests can be made.

Complete and utter speculation and wishful thinking on my part. jmo
I have loved your wishful thinking and positivity on this case since the very beginning. I agree! I feel like so many people kept hope alive against all hopelessness and it looks like it finally paying off!

It is very concerning that the investigation is far from over, the court documents are sealed and the investigation appears much bigger than we thought. I get the impression more arrests could be coming. I’m very sorry to say the investigation may be linked to KK and the CSAM ring. I hope and pray I’m wrong. Did anyone else get the same impression as me from the press conference?
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members