Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting listening to two prosecutors on Court TV, they believe the reason the proceedings are still sealed is that they have a borderline case and need more information. This from BOTH prosecutors. No mention from either if the reason is because of others being involved.
I sadly agree. When they came out and said he's presumed innocent my thought was they don't have a great case.

This is likely, as others have said, to ensure the defendant can’t argue they weren’t given a fair trial. They want to secure a conviction.
The amount of times police repeat the ‘innocent until proven guilty’ line won’t give the defendant any standing after a conviction/on appeal. I believe it’s fair for them to say it, but a bunch of times? Does nothing to secure a conviction.

HLN is showing photos of the time period surrounding the search (October 13) warrant on the home. They removed bundles of something (neighbor couldn't tell but thought it could be clothing), and a Macy's shopping bag. They also searched the backyard, to include a shed.

They also towed his car after apparently showing him a warrant (a piece of paper was shown to him before the tow truck left).

It is very concerning that the investigation is far from over, the court documents are sealed and the investigation appears much bigger than we thought. I get the impression more arrests could be coming. I’m very sorry to say the investigation may be linked to KK and the CSAM ring. I hope and pray I’m wrong. Did anyone else get the same impression as me from the press conference?
I think the timing involved with KK, the Wabash River search, etc. would indicate catfishing and CSAM. MOO

Hmmm yeah won't be finishing the transcription. Would just be a waste of time as we got nothing.

ETA: As @IceIce9 just pointed out, we did hear he was charged on 2 counts of murder. That's something I suppose..
Awe, I was looking forward to your transcript. I thought maybe there was a nugget hidden between the lines. I appreciate your hard work.

Thanks. This article says "felony murder" but that is a specific crime (that someone died during the commission of a felony) and I have not seen it from LE. I think the journalist may have just meant murder, which is a felony, and not "felony murder." Though I would like to see the actual statute.

ETA: They removed "felony" from the title when I refreshed the page so maybe they realized the issue.
Good catch. I could see how that would add confusion. The media has a big responsibility to proofread before they publish in high profile cases like this. That said, the tip line remaining open, ongoing investigation, etc, could possibly imply that there are additional defendants, in which case accessory charges could be levied—MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025