Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the whole contingent of people at the podium but the ones I saw were:

Jeremy Piers, ISP Lafayette Post Press Information officer - he took over when Kim Riley retired.
Nic McCleland, Carroll County prosecutor
Tobe Leazenby, Carroll County Sheriff
Detective Liggett
was that Delphi mayor Anita Werling?
former Delphi police chief, now prosecutor's office investigator Steve Mullins
ISP 1st Sgt. Holeman
and of course ISP Superintendent Doug Carter - can I just say to Doug Carter, don't ever change! He was in usual form today.

Carter also mentioned ISP investigators J. Harper, Dave Vido, Brian Harshman and from the US Marshal's Office Agent Jeremy Clinton among others.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this but my conclusion is that the probable cause is currently sealed not just out of an abundance of caution but because they really do want to hold anyone else who was involved even in a minor way responsible and they got a judge to agree there was some level of likelihood of that. A reporter mentioned "sealed for 30 days" and McCleland did not correct him.

After all the years and after all the different "suspects", I think the fact that they actually charged this man with two counts of murder means that they have the evidence they need to ensure a conviction. I know we are all curious, but really, we don't need to know any more than that.

Absolutely they will. They’ll be gathering their business and getting that show on the road. I am getting the strong feeling this one will be quite the fight in court though. JMO

i think this is why they mentioned that a hearing will take place soon, its to slow the legal requests coming through from 4 corners of the globe and every TV station and Newspaper in the world

IMHO being nothing really was discussed I feel there are more fish to fry in this case. I feel this could be a pedofile ring they came upon with the evidence and arrest of RA and want all of those involved. So they do not want to just jeopardize the case against him but ALL other involved. Held with no bond speaks volumes to me. Plus repeating do not stop sending in tips. This is bigger than just convicition of RA.

So, RA has been charged and entered a plea of 'Not Guilty'. Next court date in January and the trial set for March. I gather then, that RA has wived his right to a speedy trial?

I'm a little nervous as to how this has unfolded away from public scrutiny. Is there a reason for this?
It is still an active investigation.

Absolutely they will. They’ll be gathering their business and getting that show on the road. I am getting the strong feeling this one will be quite the fight in court though. JMO
My hope is that LE knows they will be challenged about the sealed docs and will be ready to reveal when forced to by the courts. LE is buying for time, imo, because more arrests are to come and they want that evidence to be hidden until the arrests can be made.

Complete and utter speculation and wishful thinking on my part. jmo

Interesting listening to two prosecutors on Court TV, they believe the reason the proceedings are still sealed is that they have a borderline case and need more information. This from BOTH prosecutors. No mention from either if the reason is because of others being involved.

That doesn't make any sense to me. A judge signed the arrest warrant and agreed on no bail. His attorney will be entitled to the information even if it is sealed. The information isn't sealed from the defense, just from the public. Whether the public thinks the evidence is sufficient or not matters 0% to the case.

The real reason is usually that it can be considered inflammatory and defense lawyers would argue you are trying the case in the media from day one. In run-of-the mill cases, the defense gets the evidence, both sides run their own tests and consult experts, and only at trial does the general public learn the facts of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member