Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I wish we had more than a sentence on this so we had a better feel for what's going on.

My assumption is that he lawyered up and shut down, which is something I wouldn't generally expect from an innocent person.
I would expect anyone dragged in regarding this crime would lawyer right up and shut up. Even if they were innocent it would be their smartest move. Maybe he’s holding out for a deal?

Man, this is a toss-up for me. Lone wolf vs. CSAM ring - I still don't really have any idea. I was surprised to hear the news. My first reaction was, "who?" Is that because someone fed MS some info to distract (majorly) the public with this other valid avenue of investigation (which also serves to demonstrate just how complex the onion is when you start peeling back the layers on small-town IN) while ISP finished up? I have no idea. My unscientific hunch is that there is a ring and it is somehow involved, even if only tangentially. There are too many coincidences, IMO, for them to all be coincidences. They - ahem - "stack and stack." The fact that he worked at a CVS in Peru at one time (per more than one source linked upthread) is like, "Oh sure. Sure he did. Just big coinkydink. No way JBC and KAK bought snax and liquor there." There is something ROTTEN in IN. (Said as a Hoosier.)

Did we already talk about this? It came basically a day or 2 before the detainment. Synopsis on thoughts? I wanted to check in here on this but was traveling, and then everything blew up. Sheriff’s deputy claims demotion over Delphi murders investigation

Looking forward to beginning to understand how this investigation got to this point. It had started to look (from the outside) that this would never be solved and the confusion with the two sketches made me seriously worry about how it was being handled. Especially as regards communication with the public in order to get that vital tip, lots of emotion (of course, understandable), and perhaps not enough cold logic.

Looking at the little we know about this suspect, RA , I'm not convinced that he is a catfisher who just wants to just wants to molest adolescent girls. LE must have known about Libby's connection to this profile since very early on. And from the few facts we know about the crime itself, BG always seemed like a predator stalking that area, prepared with a kill kit on his person. To me the second sketch does look alike enough that the witness concerned did see RA.

Personality wise, RA seems very typical of this type of killer, a little "man", angry, bitter, sour little nobody who only feels powerful when he can control the lives of a couple of defenceless young girls. I think it is very clear that the Delphi killer enjoyed hunting them down and the act of murdering them. My guess is that he took considerable steps to leave little DNA and that perhaps the evidence has been re-tested and with the improved techniques that labs like Othram have working with very small and or degraded samples, LE at last got a full profile and perhaps the lab also carried out genetic genealogy if RA was not in CODIS which it seems unlikely that he was.
I am also wondering if RA was on their radar already, as a male in the right age range and living so close and knowing the bridge, surely he would have been at least considered? And Doug Carter did seem to be addressing someone personally when the second sketch was pushed forward? Living in plain sight, ostensibly a pillar of the community, a married father, all seems applicable to RA? Or maybe at that stage they had a few suspects, RA being on the shortlist? JMO.

I'm sure this has been covered, but I might also add all of the carwashes in the area, if lots of blood was involved. If he drove back from the crime scene. Could have walked back along the creek and fetched the car later. Moo

I did a quick Google map search for "car wash near Delphi, IN 46923" and there are many close by.

Where do killers usually go after their crimes? Are there any patterns?
I know of one where the suspects went to the car wash immediately after the crime. In another as yet unsolved matter the ]re was a witness who reported a man at a car park like a rest area cleaning out his car. That suspect has yet to be caught but the tip is likely legit as the police had matched their fave suspect to the car in question. Too bad the victim in that matter remains missing.

Marking my spot.

Iirc, there's more video/audio than LE have released ?
Which makes me wonder why an arrest didn't happen before now ?
Maybe LE had RA in their sights for more than a year, and needed more evidence.
Although many people -- including myself -- wished for an arrest sooner, I think LE were busy making sure there were no loopholes the perp could slip through.
LE have him dead to rights, imo.

Kinda doubt it. I figure they've been working this angle for at least the past 2 years and knew it was him; and just had to build a case so he doesn't get off. Probably why the police chief was talking directly to him at those press releases. Trying to scare him into screwing up.
I don't see how they've been working this Angle for 2 years. Unless one thinks he's connected kk. Maybe slow drip KK finally leaked enough to put RA on the radar.

Or they finally tracked a familial dna genealogy hit. Im not sure how much dna is needed to do that, but if he didn't rape them, and I don't think he did, then other dna would have to come from body fluids of his found on them or under fingernails and I wonder if that's enough to get a full panel for familial dna. Anyone know?

But it's also highly likely they stumbled upon a break in the case that has very little to do with anything they've done. Especially if he's NOT connected to kk, because that seems to be their primary focus for 2 years. And in their defense, that makes sense really.

Kinda doubt it. I figure they've been working this angle for at least the past 2 years and knew it was him; and just had to build a case so he doesn't get off. Probably why the police chief was talking directly to him at those press releases. Trying to scare him into screwing up.
I don't think they knew it was him at the 2019 press confrence. That's where they lowered the age range between 18 and 40. RA was 45 at the time of the murders and 47 at the time of that conference. If they knew it was RA back then no way would they have provided an age estimate that excluded their suspect

Don’t know if this was previously reported, but they also seized his car during the search at his house last week.

He may have taken the back road from his house right up to Deer Creek near the Monon High Bridge.

Do any locals know how easy it would be to drive up to here, park your car and access the Bridge from this location?

It shows this as under 2 miles from his house with map below.

It looks like he was right under LE's nose the entire time.

View attachment 376795
MOO Unlikely a car was driven to the south end of the MHB as it’s a private drive.
It is possible to do, but it is a private drive with houses along the way.
MOO in rural places cars are heard and noticed going down drives etc.

I don't think they knew it was him at the 2019 press confrence. That's where they lowered the age range between 18 and 40. RA was 45 at the time of the murders and 47 at the time of that conference. If they knew it was RA back then no way would they have provided an age estimate that excluded their suspect
I dont think they knew it was him 3 weeks ago.

I am DEF sure they didn't know it was him in their 5year anniversary interviews.

Looking forward to learning how the US Marshals Service is involved in this case.

The state police advisory said the news conference will include officials from State Police, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, the Carroll County Prosecutor's Office and the U.S. Marshals Service.
Very intriguing - good spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members